AA HIRING F/A rumor?

It's jimntx, and I know you like to take umbrage (look it up) at everything I post, but I never said most f/as are morons. However, some of them are. Usually ones who don't read and comprehend well.
Hey Jim when are you retiring???

It's not a rumor. Pursers in LGA were asked to participate in this survey. We were told that this was for hiring in the spring of next year.

Gee, imagine that. The company being interested in your opinion of what would be the ideal new-hire. Sounds to me like they're fully aware that they will have 10-20 applicants for every position to be filled, and can afford to be selective. I know that's contrary to the view of a few perpetually bitter people who think that nobody is interested in working in the airline industry, but unemployment isn't getting any better, and this job still has the perception of being better than working fast food or discount retail...

Gee, imagine that. The company being interested in your opinion of what would be the ideal new-hire. Sounds to me like they're fully aware that they will have 10-20 applicants for every position to be filled, and can afford to be selective. I know that's contrary to the view of a few perpetually bitter people who think that nobody is interested in working in the airline industry, but unemployment isn't getting any better, and this job still has the perception of being better than working fast food or discount retail...
I wouldn't really say bitter - perhaps more on the order of awakened.

For many years I refused to believe what I saw - I wouldn't let myself believe a change in management from "Crandallstyle" to "PCstyle" (as now) would be allowed to have the effect it did on those who work for the airline. Finally, some time ago, I've finally seen what it amounts to and after a few more years, they can have the mess the MBAs made of a once great company.

Many years of proving to me (and thousands of others) this company doesn't give a damn about its people will not be erased overnight because of a few carefully chosen words or even giving back everything people want re: the mech's contract.

It's going to take many years of "showing" to reapir the damage done by the inept management and their pet "International" union. I have suspicions the FAs and perhaps pilots are in no better shape for the same reasons.

AMR made a deal with the devil and are now reaping their just rewards.

I wouldn't really say bitter - perhaps more on the order of awakened.

For many years I refused to believe what I saw - I wouldn't let myself believe a change in management from "Crandallstyle" to "PCstyle" (as now) would be allowed to have the effect it did on those who work for the airline. Finally, some time ago, I've finally seen what it amounts to and after a few more years, they can have the mess the MBAs made of a once great company.

Many years of proving to me (and thousands of others) this company doesn't give a damn about its people will not be erased overnight because of a few carefully chosen words or even giving back everything people want re: the mech's contract.

It's going to take many years of "showing" to reapir the damage done by the inept management and their pet "International" union. I have suspicions the FAs and perhaps pilots are in no better shape for the same reasons.

AMR made a deal with the devil and are now reaping their just rewards.

Nope, no bitterness there....

Thats why you left the industry right?

Hiring people is never a challenge, especially when their millions unemployed, getting and retaining people who can actually do the job is something else.

When they were looking for mechanics in New York there were applications filled out, just nothing on most of them to indicate that they could do the job.

Yep, the airlines sure can be "selective" alright!

Illegal-alien airline security shocker
By LARRY CELONA and BILL SANDERSON

In a colossal failure of 9/11 security measures, an illegal immigrant used the stolen ID of a Bronx man with an arrest record to get hired as an airline flight attendant, and flew several trips as a trainee before he was busted yesterday, authorities said.

Besides getting a job at American Eagle, Jophan Porter, 38, used the stolen ID to obtain a US passport, a US Department of Transportation ID card and at least three Florida driver's licenses, law-enforcement sources told The Post.

Porter was caught after ID-theft victim Anthony Frair of The Bronx was denied food stamps because government records matched him to the airline job.

A law-enforcement source confirmed that Frair, 40, has an arrest record. Public records show a man with his name and age was busted in Florida in 2008 on domestic-assault charges.

It's unclear how long Porter used Frair's identity, sources said. American Eagle hired him in March, and he worked from the airline's Miami base, said company spokesman Tim Smith.

Smith and spokespersons for several federal agencies couldn't explain how Porter cleared the security checks needed to become a flight attendant -- or why the airline didn't realize the ID he had stolen belonged to a criminal suspect.

Smith couldn't say whether the airline even did a Google search, which would have uncovered Frair's arrest in Florida.

Porter was born in Guyana, and records show he's also a former Bronx resident.

He was arrested at Miami International Airport early yesterday just after he'd returned from a personal trip to London on an American Airlines flight, Smith said.

[email protected]

Now if the real Anthony Frair would have applied for the job then maybe Eoleson would have had a point, but he would probably have needed food stamps anyway if he had kids to support working as an AE FA. Apparently he didnt put in for any job at AMR.

Yep, the airlines sure can be "selective" alright!

Now if the real Anthony Frair would have applied for the job then maybe Eoleson would have had a point, but he would probably have needed food stamps anyway if he had kids to support working as an AE FA. Apparently he didnt put in for any job at AMR.

The "Patriot Act" had nothing to do with "security", but everything to do with testing the compliance and tolerance of the average citizen.

Real security is not politically correct, never has been and never will be.

Reactions: 1 person

Latest posts