AA + NW

How would this be for a merger AA with CO (EWR Ops) and Micronesia network and DL with CO (IAH ops). EWR can be a relief airport for JFK if they restrict flights. Plus NYC could support 2 airports with Int'l ops especially 1 on the east and 1 on the west.

How would this be for a merger AA with CO (EWR Ops) and Micronesia network and DL with CO (IAH ops). EWR can be a relief airport for JFK if they restrict flights. Plus NYC could support 2 airports with Int'l ops especially 1 on the east and 1 on the west.

And what should happen to Houston, Continental's biggest hub? Are you going to just shut down a major operation at a major competing airport 200 miles south of you? That would leave a huge vacuum that anyone without a major southern/southwestern presence would love to have. Paging Delta, paging United...

And what should happen to Houston, Continental's biggest hub? Are you going to just shut down a major operation at a major competing airport 200 miles south of you? That would leave a huge vacuum that anyone without a major southern/southwestern presence would love to have. Paging Delta, paging United...
Read my post. I said CO IAH ops to DL. CO's EWR and Micronesia to AA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In your scenario, I could see............Dougweiser, being "all over that sh!t"(IAH)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In your scenario, I could see............Dougweiser, being "all over that sh!t"(IAH)

Well it could be Doug-ller time :lol:

I just misread his post... apparently he would give Houston over to Delta/NWA. I just don't see AMR letting Delta get NWA without some serious competition. AA has wanted those routes badly ever sense UAL managed to grab them from PanAm back in 85.

Well it could be Doug-ller time :lol:

I just misread his post... apparently he would give Houston over to Delta/NWA. I just don't see AMR letting Delta get NWA without some serious competition. AA has wanted those routes badly ever sense UAL managed to grab them from PanAm back in 85.
I didn't put NW into that deal. I agree that AA would covet NW Asian routes, but under my scenario it I believe AA would let DL get a hold of IAH so that AA could get EWR. CO's Micronesia network I just threw in. If the DL/NW deal gets done, I know AA won't let CO be involved with them, nor I would think UA and the rest would allow it. NW is not involved in my deal here at all, AA would benefit with CO by getting more enhanced European destinations from NYC plus an alternate for JFK. But and its a big but, would regulators let that be?
DL gets IAH, a retool to their failed DFW operation plus gain access to South America.
CO's Micronesia network would be a step closer on ore Asian routes, but covers a void in the North American/S. Pacific market. Alternate choice could be HA.

The BIG obstacle would be the Feds approving the EWR part, but DL could intervene with IAH as a trade. But what I stated here is just a proposal I would do, more complex of a deal than a AA-NW merger, but without the Asian Routes. If NW would sell off its Asian routes, it would be their Death sentence. Or they would need someone to merge the rest of the company with, but who would want an Asia-less NW?

I didn't put NW into that deal. I agree that AA would covet NW Asian routes, but under my scenario it I believe AA would let DL get a hold of IAH so that AA could get EWR. CO's Micronesia network I just threw in. If the DL/NW deal gets done, I know AA won't let CO be involved with them, nor I would think UA and the rest would allow it. NW is not involved in my deal here at all, AA would benefit with CO by getting more enhanced European destinations from NYC plus an alternate for JFK. But and its a big but, would regulators let that be?
DL gets IAH, a retool to their failed DFW operation plus gain access to South America.
CO's Micronesia network would be a step closer on ore Asian routes, but covers a void in the North American/S. Pacific market. Alternate choice could be HA.

The BIG obstacle would be the Feds approving the EWR part, but DL could intervene with IAH as a trade. But what I stated here is just a proposal I would do, more complex of a deal than a AA-NW merger, but without the Asian Routes. If NW would sell off its Asian routes, it would be their Death sentence. Or they would need someone to merge the rest of the company with, but who would want an Asia-less NW?

I apologize for misreading your post again. I don't think the regulators would approve merging AA's current JFK and LGA operations with CO's EWR operation. You'd be looking at something close to ~60% marketshare in NYC. That's just not gonna happen.

AA has had numerous opportunities to purchase CO Micronesia. Economically, it doesn't make sense.

As for the West Coast routes, everyone forgets that PSA and AirCal were having financial troubles of their own. Certainly, $50 roundtrip fares were not helping them in the 80's. USAir found that people weren't willing to pay hundreds of dollars to fly 200 miles (like they did on the East Coast).

AA found that a West Coast hub doesn't work (SEA and PDX are the only major population center North of SJC). In addition, the demise of the West Coast routes stemmed in part from an FAA ruling allowing F-100's to use some of the vast number of Eagle commuter slots at ORD.

AA doesn't need to purchase Air Mike anymore -- they could put a handful of 738's into Guam anytime they wanted to if there were enough of a market to places like Majuro, Truk, etc. But there's not.

Likewise for flying Guam-China, Japan, etc. In fact, I believe there are provisions for Guam-China frequencies which don't get counted against frequencies to/from the US mainland. Japan-Guam has a lot of traffic, but that's mostly Japan point of sale, and soaked up by the Japanese carriers.

AA has had numerous opportunities to purchase CO Micronesia. Economically, it doesn't make sense.

As for the West Coast routes, everyone forgets that PSA and AirCal were having financial troubles of their own. Certainly, $50 roundtrip fares were not helping them in the 80's. USAir found that people weren't willing to pay hundreds of dollars to fly 200 miles (like they did on the East Coast).

AA found that a West Coast hub doesn't work (SEA and PDX are the only major population center North of SJC). In addition, the demise of the West Coast routes stemmed in part from an FAA ruling allowing F-100's to use some of the vast number of Eagle commuter slots at ORD.

Perhaps SJC doesn't work as a hub because SJC is a lousy facility (that needs be completely torn down and replaced) that is hemmed in on all sides and has ridiculous noise restrictions imposed on it. United sure makes their SFO and LAX hubs work to their benefit for the intra-California, transcontinental and transpacific traffic.

Perhaps SJC doesn't work as a hub because SJC is a lousy facility (that needs be completely torn down and replaced) that is hemmed in on all sides and has ridiculous noise restrictions imposed on it. United sure makes their SFO and LAX hubs work to their benefit for the intra-California, transcontinental and transpacific traffic.
Terminal A in SJC is horrible. AA was better off with the stairs when they were in Terminal C. Plus that terminal was made for 1-2 carriers at most. Also that parking garage, I would vote that the lousiest parking facility in the world. I miss the old days there, fly in, get your luggage and walk across the street for your car. But I am going back about 30 years for that.

Terminal A in SJC is horrible. AA was better off with the stairs when they were in Terminal C. Plus that terminal was made for 1-2 carriers at most. Also that parking garage, I would vote that the lousiest parking facility in the world. I miss the old days there, fly in, get your luggage and walk across the street for your car. But I am going back about 30 years for that.
<_< ------ No your not! You just discribed MCI Airport! :rolleyes:

NWA is need of an "acquirer" for one reason ONLY... for Doug Steenland's payout... Sorry, Dougie...ain't gonna happen! You've been in MSP for how long? Running NWA and it's minoins for how long?. And you STILL don't know how driven, clever, determined we are?

NWA has THE best BALANCED SHEET of ALL US carriers...anyone wanna guess what that means? We need to give up one of the MOST recognized names (for 65 years!) in ALL OF ASIA for an un heard of?

68 Dreamliners is a long arm around the world... that NO OTHER airliner has.

"Issues" have already reached the "SEC" regarding the fake bankruptcy, "prep", and "surprise" merger.

Stay tuned...

"Sleep tight"

Now that AF & KL are merged, it only makes sense that their US partners get hitched up as well.

The name might be recognizable in Asia, but it has its fair share of baggage associated with it as well. Delta's reputation is still relatively intact, despite years of mismanagement.

Latest posts