AA + NW

Now that AF & KL are merged, it only makes sense that their US partners get hitched up as well.

The name might be recognizable in Asia, but it has its fair share of baggage associated with it as well. Delta's reputation is still relatively intact, despite years of mismanagement.

Are you JOKING? (The most POWERFUL $ RICHEST! City...........(Tokyo) ...... on EARTH..vs. "Glame"...

NWA INTERNATIONAL FOR 82 YEARS!!!!!!!

Your perception of "Delta" is of Georgia, U.S. ...and AFTER/Pan Am..........Get real.

(Even after, 17 years in ASIA,.........(PAN AM), MANY STILL have NEVER heard of Delta?.(You have GOT to be kidding?).......wanna bet?)

We (NWA) will NEVER give up our "brand" ...with out a FIGHT

And Delta will NEVER MATCH......, "Northwest Airlines" .......in Asia.

Oyasuminasai.
おやすみなさい。

(that is what NWA Angelenos say/0

Buckle up!

Now that AF & KL are merged, it only makes sense that their US partners get hitched up as well.

The name might be recognizable in Asia, but it has its fair share of baggage associated with it as well. Delta's reputation is still relatively intact, despite years of mismanagement.

You STILL can't beat us in JAPAN ........after ALL that. Back up ...dear friend., it ain't gonna happen.

NRT ain't LHR.

NORTHWEST is LIVE... show us what you've got baby!

Best to ya in "Dixie"...or "elk grove" or, whatever...you can deliver?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Eric,

Despite the fact that all the NW/DL "pieces fit" (Sky Team) etc, If YOU cannot SEE "this" for what it is, than I feel sorry for you !

Anderson SUDDENLY, and UNEXPECTEDLY brought in to DL.
A BK filing(NW) of Dubious distinction.
Four different "parties" VERY familiar with each other(RA/DS/NW + DL-BOD's)
This thing was "cooked up" over a Martini or two(or SIX)

This BABY was "Premeditated" !!

Now "the above" in itself is not necessarily..."a bad thing",................BUT, to DICTATE to the people of NW, about being the non-survivor, losing their ancient Identity, is just plain WRONG.

I'm not a Jim Oberstar fan, far from it,....BUT,...on this one, he's DEAD ON right !

I agree that the combining of NW/DL is a Good Idea, but after examination of ALL the "facts" DL NEEDS this....NW does'nt, ...and THAT my friend is why Anderson has Tilton "waiting" in the "Next room", if things don't go EXACTLY the way the good ol' boys in .."HOTLANTA", want it.

NxNW,
(to be fair), I KNOW you realize what I'm about to say.

Steenland has "NO SHAME", and I fully expect him to "give it his all".
With that said, ALL the Red Tails are going to have to MUSTER a TON of "testicles" from EVERY work group, far superior than the "meekness" shown during the recent BK/AMFA debacle !

I recall some speculation about this about a week after Delta and Northwest filed for Chapter 11 protection literally within hours of each other; a DL/NWA marriage being the object. AMR/NWA would be a rather interesting combo but would probably have to divest itself of quite a bit. Delta may win in another way by picking up some spoils after a deal like this.

In the past, AMR has waited for contracts to settle before spending money like a drunken sailor but the might not be able to hold out considering the DL/NWA timing. That ought to make the pilots 'happy' also.

Place your bets, ladies and gentlemen - Mr. Croupier, please spin the wheel.