AA on the rise

----------------
On 5/5/2003 3:46:29 PM FA Mikey wrote:

Someone like's us. The stock is up to 6.24. Not bad for a company whos stock was at 1.38 a short time ago.

----------------​
Actually, it got as low as $1.25 - on March 12.

Since that date things have improved quite nicely.
1.gif

----------------
On 5/5/2003 4:29:46 PM FWAAA wrote:

----------------

Someone like''s us. The stock is up to 6.24. Not bad for a company whos stock was at 1.38 a short time ago.

----------------​
Actually, it got as low as $1.25 - on March 12.

Since that date things have improved quite nicely.

----------------​
I wonder if it has to do with the number of employees fixing to be on the street as of July 1st?

----------------

Someone like's us. The stock is up to 6.24. Not bad for a company whos stock was at 1.38 a short time ago.

----------------
Check out the volume,24 million shares changed hands yesterday alone.
This stock is being utterly and completely manipulated by day traders and short sellers.

One market fluctuation and this stock will be below 5 in the blink of an eye.

If I''m reading the S-8 filed with the SEC correctly, the employee option grant price is $3.52, and 42.8M shares were set aside.

If so, then the employees already have a profit of $155M before commissions. Keep in mind it is only a paper profit until exercised...

And what do you attribute the run-up to?

1. Reservations and prices going way up?

2. CSM going way down below competitors?

3. Demonstrated widespread willingness of customers to pay a 30% premium to ride on an airplane that says American Airlines on the side?

4. CSM going down enough to even make a profit?

5. New management from outside the company coming in?

6. New business plan?

7. Robustly recovering economy?

8. Happy contented employees?

9. Imminent demise of UAL?

10. Or, day-trading and speculation without foundation?

It's very gratifying that you can make a fast buck and move on to the next corporate carcass, eolesen.

I care about the long term health and stability of the company because my family's long term income and retirement, like it or not, is attached to it.