AA Pilots are still unhappy.

dariencc said:
We have hundreds of people deadheading around the system every day.  They on working assignment from the company, not non revving.  It is a cost of doing business. 

Positive space deadheads were the norm at LUS, and are the norm today at Delta, United, Southwest, Alaska and others.  People who travel more than half the month on the road tend to prefer getting home when their work is done rather than sit around airports all day or spend another night at the Holiday Inn. 

The deadhead issue is just one of many.  The pilots and F/As want to be treated in the same way that our competitors treat their employees.  So do the other employee groups.  It is what Parker promised in order to get their support for the merger.  He never intended to live up to it.  Big surprise.

Look, we get your whole pilot jealousy thing.  We used to see it all the time on the pilot threads from 770UW.  Like all jealousies, the problem is self esteem and the solution is self esteem.  Get help!
your stuck at the holiday inn but if carty the we want connsesions are we're filing golden parachute boy shows up to the gate there bumping a full fare first class passenger. Are any other ex ceo our higher ups . It's like that when amts go on field trips we are must ride going but comeing back we are not now after 3 are 4 days I'm ready to get home .

Reactions: 1 person
WeAAsles said:
Thanks. We still have a "revenue gain sharing" LOA in our contract that Parker and co have avoided like a plague.

That part I can understand you guys being PO'd about. But are you guys trying to force them to open your contract up for more improvements after you already agreed to a deal? I have to ask because even the FA's are trying to get the company to back off the hard 40 after they had already put pressure on to get it removed and then voted no anyway.

They may have played both you guys and the FA's but a deal is a deal and you shouldn't hate the player, only the game. No offense meant.

Hoping my group is a little better chess player.

Fair enough and agreed.  I have edited my previous post which was an overreaction. 

The press can take every small issue and make it seem as if the employees are just raising hell for the hell of it.  But there are many issues that have the unions spun up.  As you know, we were all ready to put the past behind us at the time of the merger.  Parker could have had a Delta type culture change if he had delivered on his promises.  He just isn't the guy that people were hoping for. 

As for the issue of reopening contract sections, the answer is yes.  There is some of that going on.  It has to do with Parker and Kirby telling the APA reps that they would get the same deal, give or take, that Delta and United give their folks.  He didn't mean it, of course, and he outmaneuvered us.   He has won on that, and I don't expect that any sections will be reopened. 

The real rage from the membership is over the unimplemented sections.  No one complained 6 months into the process.  After a year or so, the grumbling started.  Now, 3 years into it, you can see the culture returning to its roots.  People are really pissed.  

Reactions: 3 people
dariencc said:
Fair enough and agreed.  I have edited my previous post which was an overreaction. 

The press can take every small issue and make it seem as if the employees are just raising hell for the hell of it.  But there are many issues that have the unions spun up.  As you know, we were all ready to put the past behind us at the time of the merger.  Parker could have had a Delta type culture change if he had delivered on his promises.  He just isn't the guy that people were hoping for.
Thank you for the edit. I'm not your enemy. Just want to understand is all. And absolutely the media can easily make any Union out to look like the bad guy. Seen it way too many times.

I 100% agreed with the idea to merge though. For me with AA 21 years the Jury is still out on Parker and co. Not implementing contract items is absolutely giving him a red mark.

I'll be cautiously optimistic and wary when we get our JCBA. Still too early in the chess game of talks to gauge the level of BS or not?

dariencc said:

As for the issue of reopening contract sections, the answer is yes.  There is some of that going on.  It has to do with Parker and Kirby telling the APA reps that they would get the same deal, give or take, that Delta and United give their folks.  He didn't mean it, of course, and he outmaneuvered us.   He has won on that, and I don't expect that any sections will be reopened. 

The real rage from the membership is over the unimplemented sections.  No one complained 6 months into the process.  After a year or so, the grumbling started.  Now, 3 years into it, you can see the culture returning to its roots.  People are really pissed.  
I could see it being difficult to open the contract time and time again. Years ago under Wolf fleet service had a parity +1% in our contract every year our pay adjusted accordingly.I don't know if something as simple would work for you guys but that kind of an agreement should keep most happy

conehead777 said:
your stuck at the holiday inn but if carty the we want connsesions are we're filing golden parachute boy shows up to the gate there bumping a full fare first class passenger. Are any other ex ceo our higher ups . It's like that when amts go on field trips we are must ride going but comeing back we are not now after 3 are 4 days I'm ready to get home .
Yeah, you might want to read your posts to see if they make sense before posting, because I've read three times and still can't figure out what you're trying to say...

This is the management team you asked for.

Unlike that first, maybe second or third marriage that didn't quite work out the way you imagined it, you're sort of stuck with Parker until one of you quits, and he's probably going to be around for at least another 5-10 years.

Reactions: 2 people
eolesen said:
Yeah, you might want to read your posts to see if they make sense before posting, because I've read three times and still can't figure out what you're trying to say...

This is the management team you asked for.

Unlike that first, maybe second or third marriage that didn't quite work out the way you imagined it, you're sort of stuck with Parker until one of you quits, and he's probably going to be around for at least another 5-10 years.

your wrong i did not want the merger. i wanted a stand alone aa, after 31 years I'm not quiting. what i was saying was golden retirement boy carty can bump a passenger but when I'm on a field trip coming home i can not.  

dariencc said:
The contract was effective in January 2016.  However, almost every section was previously settled as part of the original merger MOU, which was signed more than 3 years ago.

Parker/Kirby pulled their usual bait and switch.  Provision that benefited the company were implemented within months.  Numerous sections that were to the employees' advantage have been stalled to this day.  The same is true with the other unions on the property.

This is not the LUS employees' first go 'round with these con men.  The exact same scenario played out after the US/AWA merger.  We saw this train coming and are not surprised.  We tried to warn the American folks but they wanted to believe that things would be different this time.  Now they get it, and you can see the result.

It's a real shame we don't have the APA of old days, they are one clueless group, we tried to tell the what they were gong to be up against but were told the mighty APA could handle them. All that talk about getting a Delta contract.......what a joke, Wilson should have been tossed out overnight. Now all we read are the letters from the whining APA.........you miss Horton yet?

Reactions: 3 people
JFK Fleet Service said:
Trying to take the command authority away from the flight deck is a bad idea.I'd expect to see the number of departure time maintenance calls to address things found on the walkaround to skyrocket.Much like they did during the bankruptcy and the "Best Last Final Offer" Kabuki.

Never mind local management holds planes for connecting pax and bags all the time.
The write up should go through the roof and teach the customers to book away and damage AA so it goes into bankruptcy again - nothing better than taking things out on the customer

Guess you never worked in the business.

Never heard a passenger complain when our concessions subsidized their ticket prices.

Where was the outrage when 100,000 airline employees were laid off?

Where was the outrage when our pensions were terminated or frozen?

Did hear a peep from passengers.

Reactions: 2 people
luvthe9 said:
It's a real shame we don't have the APA of old days, they are one clueless group, we tried to tell the what they were gong to be up against but were told the mighty APA could handle them. All that talk about getting a Delta contract.......what a joke, Wilson should have been tossed out overnight. Now all we read are the letters from the whining APA.........you miss Horton yet?

Did you just say Horton? You mean Tom Horton right?

The man who was brought in to steer AA through Bankruptcy because supposedly the other guy had moral qualms about it. The man who wanted a 20% reduction in labor costs from you. The guy who had your contract abrogated when you wouldn't play ball with him and was implementing the changes he wanted. The guy who wanted to throw your Pension on the PBGC but thankfully was stopped by the PBGC director Josh Gottbaum. 

https://www.thestreet.com/story/13119080/1/how-the-pension-guaranty-corp-enabled-the-americanus-airways-merger.html

The guy who wanted to have a standalone, cornerstone, whatever plan that no Airline analyst, creditor, lender, bank, Wall Street and yea Union thought was a good idea since it would keep the industry destabilized. The guy that in my guess had he gotten his way may not have merged with anyone and had us all locked in to BK contracts until 2018 when we would start the (Fun Times) Section 6 Negotiations. That's the guy we're talking about right?

http://centreforaviation.com/blogs/aviation-blog/us-airways-now-turns-to-analysts-and-creditors-to-back-merger-wish-with-american-airlines-72403

Sometimes I really feel like I'm living in the Twilight Zone on Forums. Where's Rod hiding?  

jcw said:
The write up should go through the roof and teach the customers to book away and damage AA so it goes into bankruptcy again - nothing better than taking things out on the customer
With Industry consolidation the customers don't have as many options as they used to anymore. So where are they going to go if they live in DFW? SWA isn't flying to Europe just yet. 

WeAAsles said:
With Industry consolidation the customers don't have as many options as they used to anymore. So where are they going to go if they live in DFW? SWA isn't flying to Europe just yet.
Then if that's the case I say the hell with the customer - we can see how long that lasts - no wonder we get the scores we do with that type of attitude to the ones really paying our salaries

dariencc said:

This is not the LUS employees' first go 'round with these con men.  The exact same scenario played out after the US/AWA merger.  We saw this train coming and are not surprised.  We tried to warn the American folks but they wanted to believe that things would be different this time.  Now they get it, and you can see the result.

Truer words were never stated.