AA the Geyhound in " the Sky "

Flyboy4u

Veteran
Oct 6, 2002
Why is it that everyone on this board is not actually talking about the FACTS? Lets face it? The #1 Airline in the world is the new "SWA". We are the new
" Low Cost Carrier ". Actually, honestly I have to say those Guys with the MBA's did us well., and , "got the bonus check", to prove it..They figured out that all the consumer's really want is the cheapest ticket to " their " destination, and believe it, or not? AA has it! Why is it the AMT's, The APA's, and the APFA's haven't figured out that without ANY OF "" US. ""...THis company can't Survive... Stand together!!!! WIN Together,,,Actually the reality is we all belive in the same thing ,but nobody has the balls to do it!!!

What Unity?

Remember, the " Union " is with AA!

I constantly check AA's fares, and RARELY are they the Lowest(on the city pairs) !!!!!!!!

NH/BB's
\\\
Please do me a favor,,I don't know you, but check cooresponiding fares....Ie. LGA/Mia or revrese...mis/lga..actually....How abour? Mia-LGA? This is the worst Line Ever,,,,,Does anyone knoe what DRX means? I know and and am OVER it!!! We neef to charge for a DRK or SWA is MAD about? What?

What Unity? THE AA I " dont care " APFA!!!

Why is it that everyone on this board is not actually talking about the FACTS? Lets face it? The #1 Airline in the world is the new "SWA". We are the new
" Low Cost Carrier ". Actually, honestly I have to say those Guys with the MBA's did us well., and , "got the bonus check", to prove it..They figured out that all the consumer's really want is the cheapest ticket to " their " destination, and believe it, or not? AA has it! Why is it the AMT's, The APA's, and the APFA's haven't figured out that without ANY OF "" US. ""...THis company can't Survive... Stand together!!!! WIN Together,,,Actually the reality is we all belive in the same thing ,but nobody has the balls to do it!!!

What Unity?

Remember, the " Union " is with AA!
Hey FB4U!!!! I'll trade your AFPA or APA fer the twu??? Deal??? :rolleyes:

....and you have it wrong. It's "Pull it Together...to Come Together. Get it right will ya??? :(

I also hear SWA will be soon flying a new Boeing 737-1200ER to Europe and the Orient. Free soda, peanuts, and Orvilles' finest popcorn on any flight over 10 hours. The Love Field-New Deli flight is filling up fast.... :huh

Hey FB4U!!!! I'll trade your AFPA or APA fer the twu??? Deal??? :rolleyes:

....and you have it wrong. It's "Pull it Together...to Come Together. Get it right will ya??? :(

I also hear SWA will be soon flying a new Boeing 737-1200ER to Europe and the Orient. Free soda, peanuts, and Orvilles' finest popcorn on any flight over 10 hours. The Love Field-New Deli flight is filling up fast.... :huh

Actually it's " we drink because you fly".

You heard wrong. Those 737's flying to Europe and Asia are our new ones! All the lay's potato chips, stale m & m's and cruddy/cracked cookies you can buy!!!!

\\\
Please do me a favor,,I don't know you, but check cooresponiding fares....Ie. LGA/Mia or revrese...mis/lga..actually....How abour? Mia-LGA? This is the worst Line Ever,,,,,Does anyone knoe what DRX means? I know and and am OVER it!!! We neef to charge for a DRK or SWA is MAD about? What?
What Unity? THE AA I " dont care " APFA!!!

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

As I said, "Most" fares are higher !!

Betcha LGA-TPA is higher, (than nearby) WN's ISP-tpa !

NH/BB's

I doubt any airline has the lowest fare every time in every market. SW doesn't HAVE to have a lower fare than AA on New York-Tampa. They are not competing with us on eastern seaboard North-South routes. They are competing primarily with LCC.

If LCC's frequent flyers are to be believed, LCC has lowered their costs, services, and amenities, but not their prices.

As far as the Greyhound in the skies, I'm much more concerned about the cutbacks in amenities for our F/C passengers. I've been working some DCA-STL flights recently. Both Res (using V* command) and the schedule on AA.com list the 1900 flight to STL as a "Dinner" flight. You should see the look on the EPs' faces when I offer them a choice of Turkey and Swiss on croissant or the Mediterranean Pasta salad (which is rather nasty any time of the day).

WN isn't always the lowest fare available where I live, but they're the most consistent -- the gap between their lowest and highest fares is reasonable, unlike AA and most of the legacies, where the gap can be 3x or more than the lowest fare in a given market.

I don't mind paying a slight premium over WN or B6, but I'm not going to pay twice as much.

[quote name='Nor'Easta' post='502832' date='Jul 11 2007, 06:18 PM']DRX is a passenger from an later flight trying to stand-by for and earlier flight. Must be the same city pairs.[/quote]

Thank you "Nor Easta" for explaining this, This is a common occurance that is happening especially between DFW/LGA...Most paying PAX's know, who fly AA, to find the cheapest route between two destinations on AA, and then, they can show up at the airport and "list for a standby flight " ,under the DRX code, and go on their new flight to their final destination without a charge applying...AA Is the " Only " airline refusing to charge the customer a "change" fee if space is available....Yet they want to save money!

What Unity?