AA to pay $14 million in first quarter AIP bonuses

Status
Not open for further replies.

FWAAA

Veteran
Jan 5, 2003
Good news! Congrats to AA's hardworking frontline employees. Most all of my flights in the first quarter boarded early (prior to the 30 minutes printed on my boarding pass) and many of them pushed early and quite a few of them arrived early. AA is on track to reclaim its former title as the On Time Machine.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/American-Air...59892.html?.v=1

Let the bitching and whining begin!

Good news! Congrats to AA's hardworking frontline employees. Most all of my flights in the first quarter boarded early (prior to the 30 minutes printed on my boarding pass) and many of them pushed early and quite a few of them arrived early. AA is on track to reclaim its former title as the On Time Machine.

No whining here!!!! I just told my wife to take that early retirement and look for the vacation home in Panama.....

Good times!!!!!!!!

4 Q! :up:

The only reason that there goals have been met are because they have reduced there schedule so theres more ground time and upper management has put the fear of being fired into there CSM"s for delays. Lately if we have a delay on our gate the CSM's are sweating bullets wanting to know why it happened? It's not the fear of being written up that makes us not want to get a delay it's that we don't want them to bother us. AA has been cracking down on every rule and reg like Nazi Germany stormin into Poland. And this isn't bitching and moaning it's fact if you can handle it?

I for one am glad that we have finally put some serious effort into operating an effecient and on-time schedule. I probably get more annoyed at delays then do most passengers. There was a time recently where the Europe trips out of JFK routinely left the gate late for cargo,bags,etc... That hasn't happened to me in quite some time. Plus, if we are rewarded with cash for operating on-time then I am all for it!

You can have every AIP check I've received if I can have everything back from 03. I liked that reward so much better.

No kidding.

We were marched into the CSM's office, where the CSM read a prepared statement, concerning the
$ 200. payout, shook the attendees hands and then handed each one a Payday candy bar.

The CSM added that other stations don't receive the Candy, only the NY Metro Area employees, this because of NY's high cost of living index.

According to that index, the breakdown should have been closer to DFW employees getting $ 100, and NY area employees getting $ 300.

Forgettaboutit, we'se was robbed again.

No kidding.

We were marched into the CSM's office, where the CSM read a prepared statement, concerning the
$ 200. payout, shook the attendees hands and then handed each one a Payday candy bar.

The CSM added that other stations don't receive the Candy, only the NY Metro Area employees, this because of NY's high cost of living index.

According to that index, the breakdown should have been closer to DFW employees getting $ 100, and NY area employees getting $ 300.

Forgettaboutit, we'se was robbed again.

I really don't know if you're burnishing the truth a tad (ie, the candy bar) but if not, I'm really surprised the CSM didn't "slip on a bar of soap".

It's one thing to say no to raises during bargaining but entirely another to rub peoples' noses in it as this SOB, according to you, obviously did. Considering the amount of ill will Arpey and minions have built, it's just not a very bright thing to do.

Must......resist.....responding......to......bait.......from......a...
...master.
:blink:

<_< ------ FW, I don't know about you, but $200.00,(before tax's!) is nothing to get too excited about.------- I know you've probably spent that on a good dinner for your spouse, and yourself. But please don't try and justify this pittance with what the big boys get in bonuses!

I lost over $200.00 in pay the first 32 hours of concession implementation. That was about 7 years ago.

I spent the $200.00 in less than 32 minutes.

Yeah Baby, Im excited as hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back