Status
Not open for further replies.

BuffaloJoe

Veteran
Aug 17, 2005
Visit site
WED 3 MAY07
PHL-DFW AA 689

I had to check-in with the agent at the ticket counter and was very friendly, especially being so early in the AM. We boarded our flight on time backed out and took off. I don't remember much since I slept the entire flight, but the flight arrived at DFW early and we landed on the West side, was a rather unusual thing for me as coming from PHL. I guess we did the west side cause the flight was going to Terminal D. I said to myself it was my lucky day, but had 6 hours to burn. No problem burning the time, walked around and had a burger and fries at the Cowboy Grill near D24.
DFW-ZRH AA 38
Flight left a few minutes late waiting on luggage for some late arrivers, taxi-ed over to the East side and there was about 10 planes in line for waiting to take-off. We went around all of them and took off immediately. They had 9 FA's on board and the 2 male FA's tried to be funny at times, but everything was great. They served Chicken and Pasta just after we passed the Mississippi River and then I bought 2 bottles of red wine and I fell asleep after finishing them off. My 1st alcoholic drink in 9 months. I woke up just as daybreak was among us flying just south of England, and we were served a bagel and yougurt and juice. We landed in Zurich about 20 minutes late, but no problem. I went threw Passport Control there, basically showed passport and went on by. Reminded me of walking over the border in Ca. going into Tiujuana. Just walking by. Got luggage and proceeded to catch the train to Interlaken.
May 9, 07
ZRH-DFW AA37

We boarded our flight on time, and I fell right asleep. Don't remember taking off, I awoke over Canada, missed the 1st meal but just got up in time for the 2nd snack. Was a pizza which I thought was rather good. We landed at DFW about 15 minutes late. Got off the plane , and walked all the way around the terminal it seemed like.Finally we got to the customs and went thru the line marked for American Citizens. Some how the guy switched something around and we ended up in the wrong line. Then proceeded back around to the right line. Handed my form and passport, then he stamped the form and I continued to get my luggage. Luggage still not coming out yet. Finally the belt start to move for about 10 minutes and nothing coming. Then they started to come and the first 3 bags that came out, was all this one guys luggage. I joked to the guy next to me, he just hit the lottery. Got My bag and proceeded out of the terminal with nothing to claim, and I handed that stamped form to the customs agent. I rechecked my bag to PHL. I walked around had to re-enter security, and the TSA's fools there making everything difficult for everybody going thru. They kept changing the lines making you walk the maze. About 15 minutes go by and they re-routed us again threw another maze. Then went threw the detector with my carry-on the belt and they wanted to search it. They saw pill bottles that were empty in there and asked me why ALL were empty. I said I packed enough for what I needed on the trip and left the rest at home. I showed them the bottles were prescribed for me in MY name. Plavix, Cozaar, and Toprol were for my heart and Blood Pressure, I had Heart surgury last August. Then I had Vytorin for my Chloresterol. They sat there questioning me about it and it was aggrivating me. They finally let me go with about 20 minutes to make my connection in Terminal C. I knew my flight was a full flight.
DFW-PHL AA1454
I went by Skytrain arrived at C-19 and I wanted to change my seat, to an aisle. I arrived at the gate all frustrated and aggitated by the TSA and the rushing there to catch my connection. I went up to the gate agents at C-19, I said Can I f'ing change my seat to an aisle?" I then caught myself sorry for the explicit. I was just hassled at security for no reason, was hurrying to catch my flight. I apologized. Then the agent started to lecture me about it. This went on for a few minutes, I said the "F" word but I apologized for the slip, now I am getting lectured by them. I said I am a FF, a customer, You don't need to lecture me on that, I apologized and it wasn't even directed at them. It just happen to slip out among the chaotic travels. To stand there listening to their crap, over and over. What do you expect me to do? I apologized and let's get on with it. No He had to keep carrying it on. I then felt he wasn't gonna give no effort in checking for an available aisle seat, then I asked him can you at least transfer me over to US flight that was scheduled to leave 45 minutes after 1454. Or I was even willing to wait for the 9pm flight. He said you gonna go have to go out to ticketing to do that. I said even wait to be put on the 9pm flight? He said yes. So after all this time I really started to get up my anger, but I thought to myself just walk away and take the window seat. So I grabbed my Boarding Pass and just went about my way.

OK now the plane was late arriving from Philly which the plane turned around back to PHL. They started to board the flight fast as weather was coming in and wanted to get us out fast, so they quickly boarded us. The agent talked to the one FA about me being a possible problem on the flight. My time in line came to go by and scanned my Boarding Pass and I just couldn't keep my mouth shut, " I said See Ya Idiot". He kept quiet and continued to board. We boarded and the plane pushed out of the gate and the one FA came over to me an asked me, "We are not going to have a problem on this flight?" I said no your not with me at least, My problem was with that agent out there pretending to be Billy Graham and lecture me about a slip of the tongue for which I apologized right away for. She just smirked and gave a bit a laugh. We then taxied out just to sit on the tarmac for almost 3 hours. I asked the FA when they 1st shut the engines off for a glass of water so I can take my one pill that I had left. She came with it and I thanked her very much. Finally about three hours later we took off. We too off towards the south but we seemed to travel between cells. I was all lost on which way we were flying. Here we went north over Oklahoma and then turned east to take the normal route to PHL going over MEM, Beckley W.V. and then Dupont 4 approach. We got off the plane and I thanked the crew for a smooth flight. I got to meet several people on board during the delay that made in to some interesting conversations about our vacations.
ALL in ALL AA Done An Awesome Job (Except those two agents in DFW) I still apologize for the slip of the tongue, but I don't need to be lectured by a 25-30 year old wannabe Billy Grahams.
Too ALL the Flight crews of May 3 689/38 and May 9 37/1454. Thank You and a Job well done.

Edited:
After further review of those two agents at C-19, I am not sorry about it. Yes it was a slip of the tongue and after the first apology on my behalf, it should have been over and done with. But their arrogance really ticked me off. They acted like I the customer, that it was my job to make them happy, I am generally an easy going traveler and stuff like that, just irritates me. And to those 2 Agents, I will be going to DFW, next month and I will be on my prowl. I scheduled some extra time there.

the TSA's fools there making everything difficult for everybody going thru. They saw pill bottles that were empty in there and asked me why ALL were empty. I said I packed enough for what I needed on the trip and left the rest at home. I showed them the bottles were prescribed for me in MY name. Plavix, Cozaar, and Toprol were for my heart and Blood Pressure, I had Heart surgury last August. Then I had Vytorin for my Chloresterol. They sat there questioning me about it and it was aggrivating me. They finally let me go with about 20 minutes to make my connection in Terminal C.

I have always wondered why the TSA has decided to be the Drug Police, too. They should concentrate on doing their primary function halfway well before they take on more unmandated authority. Geeze! :angry:

Amen. Particularly when they are getting their panties in a wad about EMPTY pill bottles! Maybe Buffalo just collects them as a hobby. :lol:
Yeah, nobody ever went on vacation before. But then again they are Government employees, Can we expect anything less?

Maybe next time I'll take an old bag and take some of my nephews old diapers and put them in there, they'll learn. :lol:

...I said Can I f'ing change my seat to an aisle?" I then caught myself sorry for the explicit. I was just hassled at security for no reason, was hurrying to catch my flight. I apologized. Then the agent started to lecture me about it. This went on for a few minutes, I said the "F" word but I apologized for the slip, now I am getting lectured by them. I said I am a FF, a customer, You don't need to lecture me on that, I apologized and it wasn't even directed at them. It just happen to slip out among the chaotic travels. To stand there listening to their crap, over and over...

...I just couldn't keep my mouth shut, " I said See Ya Idiot". He kept quiet and continued to board.
You have some serious anger management issues. There is no excuse for this type of behavior. As far as I am concerned, you should have been denied boarding and banned from flying AA forever.

You have some serious anger management issues. There is no excuse for this type of behavior. As far as I am concerned, you should have been denied boarding and banned from flying AA forever.
A slip of the tongue was the mistake, I apologized right after I realized it slipped out. I was just in a rushed mode, my tone of voice was rather low and I was out of breath. I had to rush from D to C via SkyLink, but I was not aware that the flight was running alittle late, monitors had it departing On Time. I apologized instantly, cause that I agree was uncalled for. For the two agents to keep preaching about it, that is Some Series Issues they have. I apologized instantly after the slip, and I do not need to be preached at by two kids. All it was that I wanted an Aisle seat, not wanting to be pinned in at a window. Anger Management issues? After going what I went thru I rather say I was calm. My voice never was raised, nor my tone or I never was threatning them. I came off a 11 1/2 flight. You would have me banned forever? For what? Me being preached to and harrassed? I spend more on air travel than those two agents make a year. The agents should just stick to doing their job, and stop thinking Life is perfect. I could see their attitude if I kept it up, and kept being beligerant. But a slip, and I instantly apologized. No one ever else has ever let it slip? I have yet to meet a perfect individual. Till then, get over it.

For the two agents to keep preaching about it, that is Some Series Issues they have.
They had every right to let you know exactly how they felt about your use of profanities. Civilized human beings do not have profanities "slip" out of their mouths.
I came off a 11 1/2 flight.
So what, many of us come off longer flights and don't proceed to abuse customer service employees.
I spend more on air travel than those two agents make a year.
First of all, having followed your posts and having learned just how unsophisticated a traveler you are, I highly doubt that. Even if it were to be true, you display a sense of arrogant entitlement over those who may be not quite as financially well off as you are. That does not make you superior to others and does not give you the right to be disrespectful and abuse them.
The agents should just stick to doing their job, and stop thinking Life is perfect.
They did and they have a right to be treated with respect.
I could see their attitude if I kept it up, and kept being beligerant.
You did keep it up. Didn't you write that you deliberately tell the agent "See Ya Idiot"? I would have banned you from the flight right then and there. By the attitude you display in your writings here and by your description of your behavior at the airport it is not hard to imagine why you had trouble with the TSA.
But a slip, and I instantly apologized. No one ever else has ever let it slip? I have yet to meet a perfect individual. Till then, get over it.
Let me reiterate what I wrote above. It was not a lip of the tongue as demonstrated by you calling the agent an idiot during the boarding process. And again, Decent human beings do not accidentally spew profane words.

Exactly. And then the "See Ya Idiot" comment. Gimme a break. What a child. :lol:

And then the "See Ya Idiot" comment. Gimme a break. What a child. :lol:
He is worse than a child. He is an old curmudgeon who holds a grudge, as evidenced by this pearl of wisdom:
Edited:
After further review of those two agents at C-19, I am not sorry about it. Yes it was a slip of the tongue and after the first apology on my behalf, it should have been over and done with. But their arrogance really ticked me off. They acted like I the customer, that it was my job to make them happy, I am generally an easy going traveler and stuff like that, just irritates me. And to those 2 Agents, I will be going to DFW, next month and I will be on my prowl. I scheduled some extra time there.
I hope that someone identifies him by his itinerary and flags him as a problem passenger. No airline employee should have to put up with his antics.

I'm glad somebody else spoke up about this situation. After I read his post I kept on thinking about it. I've encountered so many people like him in my 16 years of flying. I often think about how people behave when they travel versus when they go through their day to day lives. Do people walk in the bank, supermarket, dry cleaner, etc..and start laying into the employees with profanities and then call them idiots? If they did they would be told to leave. I don't know why when people travel they think that gives them the licsence to act so abusively. I know travel can be difficult and stressful but we live in a civilized society. (less and less so as time goes by). In this particular situation, the TSA was to blame for setting this guy off. So what does he do? Cuss out them? No, he thinks its entirely OK to cuss out a lowly American Airlines employee! Not TSA. Because if he said anything to them then he would have been in big trouble. I don't believe it was a slip of the tongue. I think the guy looks down upon certain people and behaves accordingly. Believe me..I see it all the time on the airplane. So many people think of us a servants and clerks. They have no idea of what a fantastic lifestyle we live. The only time it sucks is when we have people that treat us with disrespect to make themselves feel better about theirselves. It is really a shame because it sounds like the guy is really into the airlines and airplanes. Too bad he can't fully enjoy his hobby. Do us a favor Buffalo...fly on another airline and give your crap to them!

I'm glad somebody else spoke up about this situation. After I read his post I kept on thinking about it. I've encountered so many people like him in my 16 years of flying. I often think about how people behave when they travel versus when they go through their day to day lives. Do people walk in the bank, supermarket, dry cleaner, etc..and start laying into the employees with profanities and then call them idiots? If they did they would be told to leave. I don't know why when people travel they think that gives them the licsence to act so abusively. I know travel can be difficult and stressful but we live in a civilized society. (less and less so as time goes by). In this particular situation, the TSA was to blame for setting this guy off. So what does he do? Cuss out them? No, he thinks its entirely OK to cuss out a lowly American Airlines employee! Not TSA. Because if he said anything to them then he would have been in big trouble. I don't believe it was a slip of the tongue. I think the guy looks down upon certain people and behaves accordingly. Believe me..I see it all the time on the airplane. So many people think of us a servants and clerks. They have no idea of what a fantastic lifestyle we live. The only time it sucks is when we have people that treat us with disrespect to make themselves feel better about theirselves. It is really a shame because it sounds like the guy is really into the airlines and airplanes. Too bad he can't fully enjoy his hobby. Do us a favor Buffalo...fly on another airline and give your crap to them!
You all are really taken this wrong, I didn't or wasn't cussing NO ONE OUT. I was frustrated with the TSA incident, but I was rushing and to make my connection. I had NO issues with those two agents when I arrived and asked them about changing my seat, it just happened the slip came out, and I quickly apologized for it, even before I went any further or they could respond. It was not intended whatsoever to come out, just an accident. I treat everybody with reasonable respect like I would. I understand sometimes things slip unawaringly, who is perfect. Read MY ENTIRE Post, I went on praising every employee. You failed to noticed that. Yes they could have said we don't like that type of language, and I agree that would have never been a problem any longer, but they went on and on.

Here is what I say, I admitted my fault, I apologized instantly. But I guess since I am not from Texas, I am not perfect.

And TWAnr, Since Your GOD! Make the World perfect then!

As for the Idiot comment at the end, yes it was a bit childish. But I guess I just stooped to their level.

If they would have stopped after my apology and said we don't appreciate that type of language or that it was not called for, I would understand. But they continued on and on.

Status
Not open for further replies.