AA Trip Report

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't there, but I am inclined to be a little more forgiving of a slipped adjective than some here.
When I travel, I am easy going, I respect everyone. I was just wanting to change my seat, but I was rushing and was aggitated by TSA folks, but I was in NO way taking it out on the AA CSA's. I agree that I shouldn't have let it slip out, and nothing was directed at any individual. They just didn't have to keep the issue up, that's all. Some people want to send others to the death penalty.
And again I will say this, Thank You AA Employees, my In-Flight and Ground service personnel! And to Those Two agents, I am sorry for stooping low and calling you an idiot. And the slip.

Let me reiterate what I wrote above. It was not a lip of the tongue as demonstrated by you calling the agent an idiot during the boarding process. And again, Decent human beings do not accidentally spew profane words.
Oh, please. The man made a slip of the tongue and apologized for it. The gate agent wanted to make a federal case out of it and suggested to the flight crew that he might be a problem. (Highly unprofessional, IMO.) A huge overreaction. So the guy tells the agent off -- not what I would do, but not totally inappropriate either.

I personally happen to know quite a few decent human beings who accidentally (and deliberately) spew profanity occasionally. I'd take them any day over a selfrighteous holy roller like you.

Oh, please. The man made a slip of the tongue and apologized for it. The gate agent wanted to make a federal case out of it and suggested to the flight crew that he might be a problem. (Highly unprofessional, IMO.) A huge overreaction. So the guy tells the agent off -- not what I would do, but not totally inappropriate either.

I personally happen to know quite a few decent human beings who accidentally (and deliberately) spew profanity occasionally. I'd take them any day over a selfrighteous holy roller like you.

Just the other day I asked a guy what he wanted to drink and he said "What do you have? The same old sh*t?" I let it go. It was a stupid remark. What got me about this situation seemed to be his general belittling and condescending tone toward the agents and TSA in general. Cracks like the TSA equaling McDonalds employees and the remark about the agents being kids.

Just the other day I asked a guy what he wanted to drink and he said "What do you have? The same old sh*t?" I let it go. It was a stupid remark. What got me about this situation seemed to be his general belittling and condescending tone toward the agents and TSA in general. Cracks like the TSA equaling McDonalds employees and the remark about the agents being kids.
It would have been not a problem if they would have just stopped after my apology. Or they could have said We don't appreciate that type of language. I never raised my voice, and was trying to rectify the situation. As for the kid comment, they are kids, my sons are about their age and I don't consider that belittling them. Just a reference I made here online. As for the TSA agents, McDonald's would be an improvement. Look at how much money McDonald's Corporation donates to charities and their own McDonald's Houses. The TSA incident riled me up a bit for having empty pill containers, I was returning from vacation. I took them only cause I didn't fill my weekly planner, so I wouldn't have no trouble, I asked that on another thread here. My tone at the airport was calm with Customs, TSA and the Agents.

After reading your posts here and on the USAirways board, the phrase "easy going" does not come to mind when thinking of you.
I vent out MY frustrations on this board and VS Management.

It would have been not a problem if they would have just stopped after my apology. Or they could have said We don't appreciate that type of language. I never raised my voice, and was trying to rectify the situation. As for the kid comment, they are kids, my sons are about their age and I don't consider that belittling them. Just a reference I made here online. As for the TSA agents, McDonald's would be an improvement. Look at how much money McDonald's Corporation donates to charities and their own McDonald's Houses. The TSA incident riled me up a bit for having empty pill containers, I was returning from vacation. I took them only cause I didn't fill my weekly planner, so I wouldn't have no trouble, I asked that on another thread here. My tone at the airport was calm with Customs, TSA and the Agents.
I vent out MY frustrations on this board and VS Management.
The fact that you are still talking about this trying to justify your completely inappropriate actions is just pathetic. Go outside and get some fresh air.

The fact that you are still talking about this trying to justify your completely inappropriate actions is just pathetic. Go outside and get some fresh air.
Nah, just the part of the way I write letters often get so thrown out of proportion. I have a secretary do all my letters for work. But then again, I could give away $1 million to everyone on these boards and there will be some people that will complain.

The fact that I am still talking about it......That's the other side of it. Just like the agents I guess!

Nah, just the part of the way I write letters often get so thrown out of proportion. I have a secretary do all my letters for work. But then again, I could give away $1 million to everyone on these boards and there will be some people that will complain.

The fact that I am still talking about it......That's the other side of it. Just like the agents I guess!
Wrong. Does not matter that your "secretary" (we still use that term??) usually writes your letters; does not change the fact that you acted like a child not once, but twice, while boarding your flight in Dallas. Whatever makes you feel better...

Not a holy roller by the longest stretch of anyone's imagination; however; I treat others just as I want them to treat me. For a bit more on our problem passenger, take a look at his USAviation profile page. The cartoon that he displays there is quite telling about his vulgar personality (well, at least until he deletes it after he reads this comment, that is).

Wrong. Does not matter that your "secretary" (we still use that term??) usually writes your letters; does not change the fact that you acted like a child not once, but twice, while boarding your flight in Dallas. Whatever makes you feel better...
I am believing this board is a Greek Board, All These God's on here!

What got me about this situation seemed to be his general belittling and condescending tone toward the agents and TSA in general. Cracks like the TSA equaling McDonalds employees.

I will speak no evil of AA agents, but the TSA is one of the worst organizations I have ever dealt with. I go in through them daily(or more often), and I am astounded at the ever-deeper depths of their incompetency almost daily. They run the gamut from Stasi to the Three Stooges. Geeze! Couldn't they throw in a little Penn and Teller to lighten things up? I have passed through Third World Kleptocracy security (on a continent whose name I dare not mention)with less aggravation. But, then, some days, there is no aggravation at all. I get a drooling mouth-breather, almost semi-somnolent or brain dead. I am getting pretty good at picking which checker to line up on, but then some genius re-arranges the line and I end up in a scene from Kafka or Darkness at Noon. There are always more hanging around on break than serving passengers. And they steal little stuff from our checked bags.

They don't even have the decency to be Thousands Standing Around. They just SIT around. And their management seems to have been chosen for reasons other than competency. But it really doesn't matter, as they seem to be always having a meeting. Or at least drinking coffee and talking, whatever.

And, you would not believe the stories I could tell about traveling with a CPAP device. It is different every time, but always comical. I always leave plenty of time for their Chinese Fire Drill over that. And they all act like they have never seen a tool before. I walk onto airplanes with a belt plier-tool, long screwdrivers, etc, but God Help Me if I slip up going to work through TSA. I have been threatened with loss of job and licenses.

No, any TSA bashing is accurate and is not a legitimate reason to launch an ad hominum attack.

And I believe the cracks re McDonald's were not "equaling(sic) TSA employees to McDonalds employees". They were commenting that TSA employees were far lower on the competency scale. I don't do McD all that often, but I can't remember any negative impressions of the help, either from experience or observation.

End of rant.

Status
Not open for further replies.