AA's "new" DFW Hangar

Ken MacTiernan

Veteran
Aug 12, 2003
San Diego CA
www.amtausa.com
Can someone clarify the Delta hanagar in DFW being cleaned by AA? Did AA buy or lease the hangar Delta had on the property? I am told that AA is cleaning up the hangar, ie. EPA items, etc. and might put a certain check in there.

If this is true any idea when the hangar will be "cleaned" and able to have new occupants? If a check is placed in there will it be a check from a different city or something already performed in DFW? I do hope it results in recalling AMTs.

Can someone clarify the Delta hanagar in DFW being cleaned by AA? Did AA buy or lease the hangar Delta had on the property? I am told that AA is cleaning up the hangar, ie. EPA items, etc. and might put a certain check in there.

If this is true any idea when the hangar will be "cleaned" and able to have new occupants? If a check is placed in there will it be a check from a different city or something already performed in DFW? I do hope it results in recalling AMTs.
Per the local:
The hangar as of 2 days ago was still only being looked at, not bought or leased as the rumor has it. If AA does leases it, it would be 1 or 2 bays for the MD80 galley mods until December, as the current lines are taking up some valauble hangar space. Attrition has still outnumbered recalls here by about a 7:1 margin since the layoffs started, but 14 have been recalled as of late. I'm hearing it took 22 to get 14, but that's not an official number and the 565 website recall list has yet to be updated.

Per the local:
The hangar as of 2 days ago was still only being looked at, not bought or leased as the rumor has it. If AA does leases it, it would be 1 or 2 bays for the MD80 galley mods until December, as the current lines are taking up some valauble hangar space. Attrition has still outnumbered recalls here by about a 7:1 margin since the layoffs started, but 14 have been recalled as of late. I'm hearing it took 22 to get 14, but that's not an official number and the 565 website recall list has yet to be updated.
So only 2/3 of the most senior guys agreed to come back.To start off with a 30% rejection rate is unheard of for unionized airline workers. How many of the 14 were "off the street" vs transferred from another department or station? Didnt at least one come from JFK?

This is great news for us. The lower they go on the list the more likely it is that the furloughee will reject the call back. As the company cant replace those it loses through attrition it means more work for those who remain. That makes job actions easier and more effective. It also puts us in a better position to strike. That could be why your company local hasnt updated the list.

So only 2/3 of the most senior guys agreed to come back.To start off with a 30% rejection rate is unheard of for unionized airline workers. How many of the 14 were "off the street" vs transferred from another department or station? Didnt at least one come from JFK?
Most came back from ORD so far, not sure about JFK. If the info is correct only 1 refusal came from someone who is still working and wanted to stay at his new station, the rest are refusals from those on the street. I know a bunch went to Bell helicopter who pays the same as AA and much better benefits with weekends off. They won't be returning if recalled.

What? They left the airlines but are still working in aviation? And with better benefits? Say it isn't so...

Latest posts