Why Did They Come Back?

Air conditioned said:
usair05,
So, you did not go to MAA but you are currently working at another job and have been offered two different f/a positions with two other carriers? With all due respect, I am not sure what you are saying. Are you going to go to MAA when they "are settled" or are you going to accept a position with one of the other two places that is "not the airline" you want to be with?

I certainly can appreciate and understand your pride in what you do and what you love. I feel the same way, as do many others. That would be the only reason I would return to MAA--the love of the job and the adventures it can offer.

For everyone else,
I am just wondering... what sort of issues will be resolved on the 19th of April? Is it just the medical/dental plan or are there many other issues up for discussion?

PIT bull, what are your thoughts especially?
I concur with you Air Conditioned. Just what is this person trying to say.

I say, go where you want to go. If you know up front what is before you and you can accept it and live with it, do it and keep your mouth shut. Once again, no sympathy from me. The facts are before you.

I love to fly too. I love everything about my job in terms of my job on the "Airplane". But I will not get sucked into it any longer, only if I were 25 years younger and dumber. :down:

Air conditioned,

What will mainly be discussed on April 19 is "flow through". Meaning language on how f/as Invol furloughed and active will flow through to MAA and vice se versa back to mainline as slots open.

The issues that have arisen by some of the MAA f/as are "quality of work life" issues that the Committee believes needs to be addressed. Also, plane cleaning and when the pay guarantee should start. Those issus besides the medical commencement for the contribution participation for the f/as. The wages/benefits/ and workrules has already been ratified by mainline f/as during the Winter restructuring agreement (concession #2). It was a proposal by managment at the time that was not negotiable, and this proposal was taken out to the main line f/as with a liquidation threat.

So, the Committee for MAA negotiations was established by the MEC to discuss contract provisions that are basically outside wages, workrules, and benefits. However, the Committee believes that there is some room and leverage to add some workrule provisions that may help morale.

Thanks for responding PITbull! I appreciate the info!

I don't care what they say about you, PIT bull, you're okay in my book. :)