AFA COUNCIL 70 PHL UNETHICAL BEHAVIOR

Status
Not open for further replies.

airportman

Senior
Sep 23, 2005
This is interesting, the local 70 reps <might be other locals too not sure about them though> are flying etb trips boosting there income while receiving flt loss pay for performing "union" duties....most receive 105 hrs and then fly etb......

just seems unethical.....

best yet our mec defends this practice as he claims its legal....well all of us know that legal and ethical do not always go together. ***ie: wolf/gangwal/seigal...and there golden parachutes while our pension get dumped...it was legal ya' know

our union dues at work........

HMM I WONDER......

IF WE ALL CALL THE NATIONAL OFFICE AND DEMAND AN AUDIT HOW MUCH OTHER ABUSE OF OUR FUNDS WILL THEY FIND

INTERNATIONAL OFFICES PHONE NUMBER (202) 434-1300

OR EMAIL AT [email protected]

ETB trips are picked up on "days OFF". If they want to fly on their days off-so be it. I think we have an excellent team working for us in PHL. At least, the RSV chair. Get a hobby already...or volunteer somewhere....... :rolleyes:

ETB trips are picked up on "days OFF". If they want to fly on their days off-so be it. I think we have an excellent team working for us in PHL. At least, the RSV chair. Get a hobby already...or volunteer somewhere....... :rolleyes:

WHO DETERMINES THEIR DAYS OFF...????

THEY DO!

They are able to circumvent the contractual concessions by designating their own days off and either swapping trips or picking them up off ETB to augment their 105 flight pay loss they receive. Both the LECP and LEC VP in PHL receive 105 International, senior pay every single month, receive extra pay by receiving vacation fly back from the company which no other f/a can receive, and then ETB on top of that.

CAN THE MAORITY OF REGULAR LINE F/A DETERMINE WHAT DAYS OFF THEY ARE GUARANTEED TO GET.... A RESOUDING NO. ONLY IF THEIR SENIORITY CAN HOLD IT AND IN SMALL BASES AN IMPOSSIBILITY.

WHAT YOU NEED TO DO IS FIND OUT EXACTLY HOW MANY GRIEVANCES ARE OUTSTANDING IN THE PHL OFFICE. YOU CAN RECEIVE THAT INFORMATION FROM THE MEC GRIEVANCE CHAIR AT THE MEC OFFICE, BECAUSE I DOUBT THE PHL REPS EVEN KNOW WAHT THE NUMBER IS...BUT ITS HUGE!!!! So, who is arguing this stuff? Its NOT the LECP.

So, are they inthe office 4 days a week? Five days a week? Call the office every day and investigate. What you will find is that even though there is a local office paid by union dues, they will tell you they are working out of their "home office" BS. They will say that they put in 7 days a week and work all hours..BS again!

The only union reps that work from home are those that have NO local office. That is the only legitimate "home office".YOUR MEC President will defend PHL (cause that is how he is able to stay in office) and say they work 7 days a week and blah blah blah...I say TELL THEM TO POST THEIR SCHEDULES ON THEIR E-LINE every week. YOU CAN DEMAND THAT AS MEMBERS.

Next election...folks need to take the vote seriously in PHL. The LECP won her election on a measley 286 votes out of 2,300 elegible voters.

What's that about?

That's my 2 cents on the subject.

FUNNY THING IS YOUR RESERVE CHAIR ADVERAGES 100-135 HRS PER MONTH.........

AND IS THE ONLY RESERVE CHAIR THAT IS PAID ALL OTHER COUNCILS ARE VOLENTEERS AND DO AN EXCELLENT JOB.

He may do a wonderful job........but abuse is abuse....

and whats your excuse for Ms. Albert, the LEC, doing the same thing and receiving flt LOSS pay.......seems to be that no one is losing flt time

UNETHICAL UNETHICAL UNETHICAL

I would bet that the reserve chair who has been appointed (not elected by the members) is more in the office than any of the ELECTED Local Officers lame azzes...

He keeps his mouth shut, while the LECP and LEC VP (who lives in California) sits in her so called "home office".

Since someone posted this, I suspect they will FLY on here and attempt to defend themselves! Keep in mind that they don't go on the bid sheet to pick up trips because that only eats away at their company paid flight pay loss...so they go on ETB whenever they feel like it and whenever they can pick up their International paying trips on ETB. Its the best kept secret in town...and they are pissed that f/as found out about it...totally pissed. Receiving 150-170 hours per month is quite over the top. And there is not another non-union rep f/a that can obtain that because they couldn't stay legal every day of the month to fly it. Even the reserves must maintain buffers between ETB and co. flown trips.

Just watch a Local E-line from PHL come out from the knucklehead LEC VP trying gurgle something noncomprehensible/nonintelligible to defend all she alleges to do. :p :down: Which from my view is bow down to management's whim. Heck, they'll be on this forum just as fast as tomorrow...

When the time comes...CLEAN HOUSE FOLKS AND VOTE them OUT.

Between the LECP and LECVP their seniority is probably something like 90 years! Time to elect some folks that have the empathy for both sides of the equation, senior/junior, who feel the plight and struggles of the regular front-line f/as.

I would bet that the reserve chair who has been appointed (not elected by the members) is more in the office than any of the ELECTED Local Officers lame azzes...

He keeps his mouth shut, while the LECP and LEC VP (who lives in California) sits in her so called "home office".

Since someone posted this, I suspect they will FLY on here and attempt to defend themselves! Keep in mind that they don't go on the bid sheet to pick up trips because that only eats away at their company paid flight pay loss...so they go on ETB whenever they feel like it and whenever they can pick up their International paying trips on ETB. Its the best kept secret in town...and they are pissed that f/as found out about it...totally pissed. Receiving 150-170 hours per month is quite over the top. And there is not another non-union rep f/a that can obtain that because they couldn't stay legal every day of the month to fly it. Even the reserves must maintain buffers between ETB and co. flown trips.

Just watch a Local E-line from PHL come out from the knucklehead LEC VP trying gurgle something noncomprehensible/nonintelligible to defend all she alleges to do. :p :down: Which from my view is bow down to management's whim. Heck, they'll be on this forum just as fast as tomorrow...

When the time comes...CLEAN HOUSE FOLKS AND VOTE them OUT.

Between the LECP and LECVP their seniority is probably something like 90 years! Time to elect some folks that have the empathy for both sides of the equation, senior/junior, who feel the plight and struggles of the regular front-line f/as.

I AGREE, THATS WHY I POSTED IT......

They keep trying to bury this issue....and its a big one
There is no defending it its simply WRONG.

and i WILL lead the way for change all the way to the top if need be.

Just look at the AFA sites for the local councils none have updated the elines and i know alot has been going on...if they spend all that time in the office get out some info to us shame is council 66 is smaller less money and much better at communicating the information.

LIKE I SAID BEFORE CALL THE INTERNATIONAL OFFICE DEMAND AN AUDIT.......

HELL CALL THE BUSSINESS ETHICS LINE LET THEM LOOK INTO IT TOO....

MAKE THEM ACCOUNTABLE TO US AGAIN.

Council 66 PHX West MEC does an EXCELLENT job in communications.

Heck, they (MECP WEST) just put out on their E-line that NWA f/as just accepted AFA as their NEW flight attendant representatives. Mike (MECP EAST) is always behind the 8 ball and claims to be working 7 days a week...that's funny, where's the communication??? Fying ETB trips racking in 170 hours?

Are you serious?

Perhaps that is why they are upset about losing their boarding status for union business, it makes it hard for them to get into base for their ETB trips!

They receive pay for performing union business. Is there a set amount of hours they are required to work or predetermined number of days they are required to be available for union business?

Well you are all so wrong I know exactly how many grievances are being handled in Philadelphia. As for the time I spend in the office try 23 to 25 days in Philadelphia . I have maintained an apartment here for 8 years. As far as the President in Philadelphia she does not need to keep up with her past. I can count on one hand the number of times that her predecesor came into the office. It really did not want to go down this road but Teddy stay out of our business. You did a lot of good when you were in office. Take the strokes and quit trying to bring us down in Philadelphia.I know that you will take another swipe but do not put me up to posting the 25/45 letter. I have had it with your mind warping attitude. GET A LIFE.As far as our Reserve Chair he is by far one of the most devoted and motivated individuals I have met. He is the future of AFA don't beat him up because he actually likes to fly. How many of you in the past regimes were even qualified to fly. Yea its all a big joke I guess you were all so busy you could write the rules knowing you would not have to clean an aircraft,sit reserve or D.H.for 1/2 price. Could go on forever but you need to back off Mary

When would these people be picking up these ETB trips? I would hate to think that they are watching the ETB board during business hours when they are suppose to be conducting "union business."

Do the elected positions that you are speaking of bid a line for each month or are they basically awarded a paid purposes only line?

Well, I guess BajaBabe is the LEC-VP.

BTW, I'm not sure it was a good idea to threaten to post the letter unless something occurs. It makes it sound like blackmail.

(BTW, that discussion occurred here a long time ago.)

FUNNY THING IS YOUR RESERVE CHAIR ADVERAGES 100-135 HRS PER MONTH.........

AND IS THE ONLY RESERVE CHAIR THAT IS PAID ALL OTHER COUNCILS ARE VOLENTEERS AND DO AN EXCELLENT JOB.

He may do a wonderful job........but abuse is abuse....

Sounds like a personal attack to me...why are you harping on the PHL Reserve Chair? Do you know him personally airportman?

Are you serious?

Perhaps that is why they are upset about losing their boarding status for union business, it makes it hard for them to get into base for their ETB trips!

They receive pay for performing union business. Is there a set amount of hours they are required to work or predetermined number of days they are required to be available for union business?

Again they make their own schedule within the month they are in...highly different than a front line f/a. You will not see them use the bid sheet, you will only see them use ETB...pure greed.

Well you are all so wrong I know exactly how many grievances are being handled in Philadelphia. As for the time I spend in the office try 23 to 25 days in Philadelphia . I have maintained an apartment here for 8 years. As far as the President in Philadelphia she does not need to keep up with her past. I can count on one hand the number of times that her predecesor came into the office. It really did not want to go down this road but Teddy stay out of our business. You did a lot of good when you were in office. Take the strokes and quit trying to bring us down in Philadelphia.I know that you will take another swipe but do not put me up to posting the 25/45 letter. I have had it with your mind warping attitude. GET A LIFE.As far as our Reserve Chair he is by far one of the most devoted and motivated individuals I have met. He is the future of AFA don't beat him up because he actually likes to fly. How many of you in the past regimes were even qualified to fly. Yea its all a big joke I guess you were all so busy you could write the rules knowing you would not have to clean an aircraft,sit reserve or D.H.for 1/2 price. Could go on forever but you need to back off Mary

Baja,

YOu do what 99% of the f/as can't do. They are beholding to a schedule and the reserves are beholding to there reserve line. No one on this property except union reps can fly 160 hours and 170 hours International pay with guranteed 105 from the company paid fpl. Its the exact same as Dave Siegel and Neil Cohen who took millions in 2003 after being on the prperty for 18 months while the pilots had their pensions dumped and the employees were going into 5% war deferral on top of the concession #2 and #1 cuts.

It was legal, but it was not the moral thing to do.

You guys have not felt the concessions of #3 and have been able to circumvent those pay cuts by pretending to work at home, and flying ETB trips calling it your so called "days off". You have the luxury of getting paid that $5,000 a month from the company whether you came in 1 day a month at the office or 20, which YOU and your other knumbskull does NOT.

Make excuses...the elections in PHL will dramtically change just as they did in PIT when there was abuse in the late 90's. They even got rid of the MEC officers..so tell the poster boy MECP when Laura goes, he will go as well. One big swoop. :up:

Didn't take you 10 hours to post your rant!

When would these people be picking up these ETB trips? I would hate to think that they are watching the ETB board during business hours when they are suppose to be conducting "union business."

Do the elected positions that you are speaking of bid a line for each month or are they basically awarded a paid purposes only line?

Awarded for "Pay purposes only" called PPO.

They are only in the union business for their own personal gain and flexibility. The PHL reps are truly company people. In fact the LECP applied for supervisor job at the same time she ran against Mollie McCarthy for LECP back in 2002. She doesn't know what she wants to be and only takes advantage of the position.

Do you guys really know what goes on in the union office? How much time all these reps spend on the phone even after hours? All I have seen is an administration that's very dedicated in standing up for all PHL association. The last admin. you couldn't get anyone to return your call or if you did come into the office too see the President she wasn't ever there. Time after time I had to call DCA for help. So this Administration is by far better for PHL.
As for the Reserve Chair you really have this one wrong! He is dedicated in having the reserves educated on their rights so the company wont take advantage of them. He works 5 day a week in the office and now and then he picks up an etb trip on the weekends. So what! I have flown with this guy a lot and he knows his stuff. He is not the type of person to take advantage. He was even working in the office on the 4th of July when I called in, how many of you can say you were working on the 4th of July?

Remember who was running the office when the last concession contract was voted in ... Who told you to vote for the last contract then took a leave of absence...so she wouldn't have to work under the conditions. HUMMM...

EDITED BY MODERATOR I will tell you one more time you made a made a WONDERFUL contribution .You will never accept the fact that others are able to offer assistance.
EDITED it has always been that you had to control a select few and so they became you disciples. Why would you care if I ever answered you?
This Union has it's work cut out for them and it's distracting that you are still trying to suck up all the oxygen.

Status
Not open for further replies.