AFA COUNCIL 70 PHL UNETHICAL BEHAVIOR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't sucking out the oxygen keep the BS from being fruitful and multiplying?

Do you guys really know what goes on in the union office? How much time all these reps spend on the phone even after hours?
Time spent in the office/on the phone/ conducting UB has nothing to do with violating ethics and abusing union funds.
Afa66 had a VERY hardworking former Pres, who accomplished a lot for us.
Unfortunately, his Ethics regarding manipulating the system, schedule, and funds weren't where they should have been, and others decided to report it.
He was investigated, removed from office, and ordered to make restitution.
If the accusations against some East officers have merit, it shouldn't be hard to prove it.
As long as there are some on the council whose Ethics are where they should be.

The officers have a job few of us want and I salute them for trying.

I do feel for them to pick up ETB time they should be legal as if they had flown a trip. Example, if you are in the office Friday from 9 to 5, then you need a 9:45 break before you can be legal to fly an ETB trip. You shouldn't be able to double up both office time AND ETB because you can't do this in the lineholder or reserve world.

The officers have a job few of us want and I salute them for trying.

I do feel for them to pick up ETB time they should be legal as if they had flown a trip. Example, if you are in the office Friday from 9 to 5, then you need a 9:45 break before you can be legal to fly an ETB trip. You shouldn't be able to double up both office time AND ETB because you can't do this in the lineholder or reserve world.

They don't and can't pick up trips up when they have AFA on the schedule. They can only pick trips up when they are off from AFA. Who told you they can do this? That is Crap! :down:

FUNNY THING IS YOUR RESERVE CHAIR ADVERAGES 100-135 HRS PER MONTH.........

Here you go again mr airportman... once again you have it wrong...stop the attacks on the Rsv Chair.
Reserves can and will pick up ETB trips when they are off days. Reserves are collection their 71hrs then flying ETB trips & collecting 105 hrs or so. The Reserve Chair is actually working a full week in the AFA office then picking up ETB trips on his OFF days. Compared to the reserves that are not working their full 71hr and picking up ETB trips. That's just the way the system works. Thanks to the last administration that sold us down the river. The Reserves need to make a living and pay their mortgages just like line holders...and YES reserves do have mortgages. <_<

They can and they do. I know and have seen this as a fact.

Really...crew scheduling wont let anyone fly a trip if AFA is showing on their screen for that day.

Well, I guess BajaBabe is the LEC-VP.

BTW, I'm not sure it was a good idea to threaten to post the letter unless something occurs. It makes it sound like blackmail.

(BTW, that discussion occurred here a long time ago.)

Welcome to the family! :)

Pitbull is just unhappy since she left US with the buyout.
she wants to come back so bad, she's eventhinking of being a newhire again. :up:

Wait... I am confused..... Why are people bickering back and forth about AFA reps and ETB/days off, etc......? I for one have nothing but admiration for these people. I have called during the week, on weekends, and always had my questions answered. Maybe if they did not have to spend 90% of their time in Supervisor's offices solving dependability issues, more would be accomplished, and they would be more available....

Given there positons and what they have to deal with day in and day out, I say ETB what you want! Big deal! Enjoy!

It would be interesting to group all of the "whiners" together and see exactly how many of them would be able to run for a Union position, let alone execute the job on a daily basis. My guess is not many.

Thanks to AFA70 and all that you do.

PS: No fair that I had to work 4th of July. I heard the LECP had it off... LOLOL ;)

PitBull, let's talk numbers shall we, as in pay, so if the reps are flying 105 senior, International pay what does that equal out to about 65K a year?

Oh, and the recalled f/as and new hires aren't getting their time in? What's that 14K a year? Tisk, tisk.

It's time to make the donuts!

Eye

Are you speaking from personal experience?

CAN THE MAORITY OF REGULAR LINE F/A DETERMINE WHAT DAYS OFF THEY ARE GUARANTEED TO GET.... A RESOUDING NO. ONLY IF THEIR SENIORITY CAN HOLD IT AND IN SMALL BASES AN IMPOSSIBILITY.

and under whose watch did your asserted procedures come about? Why am I surprised that it was you!

WHAT YOU NEED TO DO IS FIND OUT EXACTLY HOW MANY GRIEVANCES ARE OUTSTANDING IN THE PHL OFFICE. YOU CAN RECEIVE THAT INFORMATION FROM THE MEC GRIEVANCE CHAIR AT THE MEC OFFICE, BECAUSE I DOUBT THE PHL REPS EVEN KNOW WAHT THE NUMBER IS...BUT ITS HUGE!!!! So, who is arguing this stuff? Its NOT the LECP.

The backlog is reflected in every council that actually works for their flight attendents.
Just off the top of my head, can part of an excess in grievances be attributed to lax union representation in PIT, and those pesky little paperwork problems get inherited by other bases?

So, are they in the office 4 days a week? Five days a week? Call the office every day and investigate. What you will find is that even though there is a local office paid by union dues, they will tell you they are working out of their "home office" BS. They will say that they put in 7 days a week and work all hours..BS again!

Speaking of grievances, didn't you protect a "home office" queen in PIT while you were in office?

That is the only legitimate "home office".YOUR MEC President will defend PHL (cause that is how he is able to stay in office) and say they work 7 days a week and blah blah blah...I say TELL THEM TO POST THEIR SCHEDULES ON THEIR E-LINE every week. YOU CAN DEMAND THAT AS MEMBERS.

Mind if they include all the situations they handle on their "days off", the phone calls they field, the family events they have to leave. Perhaps they could include all the vacations they have to move for union grievances, some in order to clean up messes from other councils, not that I am mentioning names.

That's my 2 cents on the subject.

I think you have tremendously over-valued your contribution.

WHO DETERMINES THEIR DAYS OFF...????

THEY DO!

They are able to circumvent the contractual concessions by designating their own days off and either swapping trips or picking them up off ETB to augment their 105 flight pay loss they receive. Both the LECP and LEC VP in PHL receive 105 International, senior pay every single month, receive extra pay by receiving vacation fly back from the company which no other f/a can receive, and then ETB on top of that.

CAN THE MAORITY OF REGULAR LINE F/A DETERMINE WHAT DAYS OFF THEY ARE GUARANTEED TO GET.... A RESOUDING NO. ONLY IF THEIR SENIORITY CAN HOLD IT AND IN SMALL BASES AN IMPOSSIBILITY.

WHAT YOU NEED TO DO IS FIND OUT EXACTLY HOW MANY GRIEVANCES ARE OUTSTANDING IN THE PHL OFFICE. YOU CAN RECEIVE THAT INFORMATION FROM THE MEC GRIEVANCE CHAIR AT THE MEC OFFICE, BECAUSE I DOUBT THE PHL REPS EVEN KNOW WAHT THE NUMBER IS...BUT ITS HUGE!!!! So, who is arguing this stuff? Its NOT the LECP.

So, are they inthe office 4 days a week? Five days a week? Call the office every day and investigate. What you will find is that even though there is a local office paid by union dues, they will tell you they are working out of their "home office" BS. They will say that they put in 7 days a week and work all hours..BS again!

The only union reps that work from home are those that have NO local office. That is the only legitimate "home office".YOUR MEC President will defend PHL (cause that is how he is able to stay in office) and say they work 7 days a week and blah blah blah...I say TELL THEM TO POST THEIR SCHEDULES ON THEIR E-LINE every week. YOU CAN DEMAND THAT AS MEMBERS.

Next election...folks need to take the vote seriously in PHL. The LECP won her election on a measley 286 votes out of 2,300 elegible voters.

What's that about?

That's my 2 cents on the subject.
;) ;) B) B) You need to get a life! You 're gone now, just like many of us-- MOVE ON and leave them alone. Isn't there anything else to do in moontownship?? Let is GO GIRL for GODS sake!

deleted by moderator- don't post private PMs.

legal yes ethical NO

ARTICLE XV

ETHICAL PRACTICES CODE

A. Every AFA-CWA officer and representative, whether elected or appointed, has a high fiduciary duty and sacred trust to serve the best interests of the members honestly and faithfully.

B. No AFA-CWA officer or representative should own or have a personal financial interest which conflicts with the full performance of her/his fiduciary duties. In particular:

1. No AFA-CWA officer or representative shall have any substantial financial interest in any firm which bargains collectively with the AFA-CWA.

2. No AFA-CWA officer or representative shall own or have a substantial financial interest in any firm which does business or seeks to do business with the AFA-CWA.

3. For purposes of these rules a "substantial financial interest" is one which either contributes significantly to the individual’s financial well-being or which enables the individual to affect or influence the course of corporate decision making. A substantial financial interest does not include stock in a purchase plan, profit sharing plan, or ESOP.

4. An AFA-CWA officer or representative shall not be deemed in violation of these prohibitions with respect to any investments which are held in a mutual fund or a blind trust.

5. No AFA-CWA officer or representative shall receive any compensation for serving on a corporate board of directors or similar position in which s/he serves as a representative of AFA-CWA, the flight attendants, or other employees of that airline. This paragraph shall not prohibit reimbursement for reasonable and customary expenses, or acceptance of travel passes, for the purpose of fulfilling the duties of such position.

C. No AFA-CWA officer or representative shall accept any personal payment of any kind from an employer that bargains collectively with the AFA-CWA, or from a business or professional enterprise which does business or seeks to do business with the AFA-CWA, other than regular pay and benefits for work performed. "Personal payment" as used in this paragraph does not include flight pay loss, passes, or similar benefits received pursuant to a collective bargaining agreement or in the normal course of union business.

D. No AFA-CWA officer or representative shall convert any property belonging to, or services purchased by, the AFA-CWA to the individual’s personal advantage.

E. Every AFA-CWA officer or representative shall carry out her/his AFA-CWA office or appointment in a manner that gives full recognition, in connection with affairs of the AFA-CWA, to the right of union members to assemble freely, attend AFA-CWA meetings, express views, arguments and opinions, nominate candidates for AFA-CWA office, run for AFA-CWA office, and vote in AFA-CWA elections, except to the extent such rights are limited by provisions in the Constitution and Bylaws of the AFA-CWA. No AFA-CWA officer or representative shall penalize, discipline, or otherwise interfere with, or retaliate against any union member for exercising such a right in connection with the affairs of the AFA-CWA.

F. No person who is convicted of any felony involving the infliction of grievous bodily injury, any crime of dishonesty, or any crime involving abuse or misuse of such person’s position or employment in a labor organization or an employee benefit fund shall serve as an AFA-CWA officer or representative.

G. This Code shall be enforced by the following process:

1. The International President of the AFA-CWA shall appoint a standing Ethical Practices Committee consisting of three (3) regular members and one (1) alternate member from the AFA-CWA Executive Board and one elected AFA-CWA International Officer who shall serve as Chairperson of the Committee. The term of office for the members and alternates shall be for two (2) years commencing the January 1 following their appointment, until reappointed, or until their successors have been appointed.

2. Charges of violations of this Code along with substantiating documentation, shall be referred by a member(s) of AFA-CWA to the Ethical Practices Committee for review and recommended disposition.

3. The Ethical Practices Committee shall have the authority to investigate and, where it finds reasonable cause to believe that a violation of the Code has occurred, to bring the matter to an appropriate hearing before the AFA-CWA Hearing Board, if the matter is not otherwise resolved.

4. All charges and investigations shall be kept confidential unless and until the Ethical Practices Committee finds reasonable cause to bring the matter to a hearing. The Committee shall adopt reasonable measures to ensure that confidentiality is maintained, including enforceable sanctions for breach of confidentiality.

5. Fundamental due process shall be afforded to the individual charged in connection with any such hearing.

6. Following completion of the hearing, the Hearing Board shall issue a written decision containing its findings and recommendations to the AFA-CWA International President and Executive Board.

7. Where a violation is found, the recommendations shall include an appropriate recommended penalty up to and including removal from service as an AFA-CWA officer, representative, and/or employee.

8. Notwithstanding the provisions of Article X. of the AFA-CWA Constitution, the Executive Board shall have the final decision in the matter and shall permit the individual charged a reasonable opportunity, upon request, to present his or her position to the Board prior to rendering a final decision. No appeal may be taken to the AFA-CWA Appeal Board.

9. There shall be no retaliation against any AFA-CWA officer, representative or member for filing a charge alleging a violation of this Code.

CALL AND REPORT THEM SEE HOW WELL THEY FARE AFTER AN INVESTIGATION..........
(202) 434-1300 IS THE NUMBER

Not sure who you are but I do have enough integrity to tell you I AM THE RSV chair in Philly. Well, really I am the grievance chair, DCP person and RSV chair...AND THE SEC TRES! Since the Sec/Tres abandoned her position

WELL THIS IS ENOUGH TO GET MS ALBERT RECALLED.

SINCE YOUR SO VERSED ON UNION INFO YOU WOULD KNOW THAT.

FROM AFA C/B.......

5. Council Officer Vacancies

a. When a Local Council office becomes vacant, it shall be filled in accordance with the following provisions except as provided in Subparagraph c. below.

(1) When the office of President becomes vacant, the Vice President shall complete the unexpired term as President and the Secretary shall act as Vice President and Secretary for the remainder of the unexpired term.

(2) When the office of Vice President becomes vacant, the Secretary shall act as Vice President and Secretary for the remainder of the unexpired term.

(3) When the office of Secretary becomes vacant, the Vice President shall act as Vice President and Secretary for the remainder of the unexpired term.

(4) At the option of the remaining Officers, an election for any vacant office may be requested from the International Office.

SO EITHER LAURA IS IN VIOLATION OR YOUR A LIAR HMM............

Do you guys really know what goes on in the union office? How much time all these reps spend on the phone even after hours? All I have seen is an administration that's very dedicated in standing up for all PHL association. The last admin. you couldn't get anyone to return your call or if you did come into the office too see the President she wasn't ever there. Time after time I had to call DCA for help. So this Administration is by far better for PHL.
As for the Reserve Chair you really have this one wrong! He is dedicated in having the reserves educated on their rights so the company wont take advantage of them. He works 5 day a week in the office and now and then he picks up an etb trip on the weekends. So what! I have flown with this guy a lot and he knows his stuff. He is not the type of person to take advantage. He was even working in the office on the 4th of July when I called in, how many of you can say you were working on the 4th of July?

Remember who was running the office when the last concession contract was voted in ... Who told you to vote for the last contract then took a leave of absence...so she wouldn't have to work under the conditions. HUMMM...

You are incorrect. The last LECP of PHL did not endorse the contract. None of the LECPs did. It went out with a no recommendation.

Secondly, the Reserve Chair is not elected by the members, but he works harder than any of those lame azzes in there. Just so happens that the LEC VP IS FROM THE PREVIOUS ADMINISTRATION, AND THE LECP THAT WAS ELECTED BY 286 FOLKS IN THE ENTIRE BASE CAME FROM THE WORST ADMINISTRATION IN PHL HX. She was Luther Riggs VP. She did a lousy job then and does a lousy job now.

airportman -

You are not helping your argument by posting this response from the PHL Reserve Chair. If anything, you make yourself look even worse as it now appears you have a personal vendetta against him. You were given the courtesy of a heartfelt private response and this is how you respond? Again, this has personal issue written all over it.

Speaking from my own experience in dealing with Council 70:

I cannot comment on the LEC President as I have had few experiences in dealing with her, but have been helped numerous times by both the LEC VP and Reserve Chair. Both have been extremely helpful in providing assistance and in answering questions knowledgeably and professionally and have been readily availble almost every time I have called, or at the very least returned my call in a very timely manner. Isn't that what is expected of them? I, for one, am grateful having them both in my local office. And if they pick up trips from the ETB on their days off, WHO CARES?! How exactly does that negatively impact you or I? It DOESN'T.

airportman -

You are not helping your argument by posting this response from the PHL Reserve Chair. If anything, you make yourself look even worse as it now appears you have a personal vendetta against him. You were given the courtesy of a heartfelt private response and this is how you respond? Again, this has personal issue written all over it.

Speaking from my own experience in dealing with Council 70:

I cannot comment on the LEC President as I have had few experiences in dealing with her, but have been helped numerous times by both the LEC VP and Reserve Chair. Both have been extremely helpful in providing assistance and in answering questions knowledgeably and professionally and have been readily availble almost every time I have called, or at the very least returned my call in a very timely manner. Isn't that what is expected of them? I, for one, am grateful having them both in my local office. And if they pick up trips from the ETB on their days off, WHO CARES?! How exactly does that negatively impact you or I? It DOESN'T.

WELL READ THE BYLAWS THAT I POSTED........

A PERSONAL VENDETTA?? READ THE INITIAL TOPIC I POSTED OTHERS JUMPED IN TO DEFEND THE RESERVE CHAIR.... I ONLY MENTIONED THE LEC OFFICERS NOT THE COM. CHAIRS....SEEMS SOME ONE FEELS THAT THEY WERE SINGLED OUT AND I NEVER MENTIONED HIM UNTIL SOMEONE ELSE DID.......

SO YOU MIGHT WANT TO TRY AGAIN...AND BTW WITH HIS MESSAGE HE INDICATED HE IS THE SEC/TREAS WHICH ACCORDING TO THE AFA C/B HE CAN'T BE SO SOMEONE WILL FACE THE MUSIC ON MONDAY AND I HOPE THE BAND WAS WORTH IT

They don't and can't pick up trips up when they have AFA on the schedule. They can only pick trips up when they are off from AFA. Who told you they can do this? That is Crap! :down:

That is only if the rep who is on RSV is not PPO. If the RSV is taken off schedule for the month and is paid FULL fpl from the union, that will not show up in the computer. The RSV will show up in the month once the flight pay loss has been submitted and that reflects the previous month total.

Same with the AFA Local Officers and MEC Officers. If they are PPO they will not show in the computer.

Are you speaking from personal experience?
and under whose watch did your asserted procedures come about? Why am I surprised that it was you!
The backlog is reflected in every council that actually works for their flight attendents.
Just off the top of my head, can part of an excess in grievances be attributed to lax union representation in PIT, and those pesky little paperwork problems get inherited by other bases?
Speaking of grievances, didn't you protect a "home office" queen in PIT while you were in office?
Mind if they include all the situations they handle on their "days off", the phone calls they field, the family events they have to leave. Perhaps they could include all the vacations they have to move for union grievances, some in order to clean up messes from other councils, not that I am mentioning names.
I think you have tremendously over-valued your contribution.

What's wrong is wifey Baja Bebe crying at home and you can't take it...need to come on here and defend your wife???? Again????

I speak from experience...I was in the office every day, and every main holiday. I did not fly ETB, ever. The PIT base did not have enough trips for the 57% reserves factor we had in base! Every officer and volunteer came IN THE OFFICE. Why? Because we had an office that was paid by f/a dues $$. THERE WAS NO SUCH THING AS A HOME OFFICE IN PIT!!!!!

Next...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back