AFA COUNCIL 70 PHL UNETHICAL BEHAVIOR

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is only if the rep who is on RSV is not PPO. If the RSV is taken off schedule for the month and is paid FULL fpl from the union, that will not show up in the computer. The RSV will show up in the month once the flight pay loss has been submitted and that reflects the previous month total.

Same with the AFA Local Officers and MEC Officers. If they are PPO they will not show in the computer.
What's wrong is wifey Baja Bebe crying at home and you can't take it...need to come on here and defend your wife???? Again????

I speak from experience...I was in the office every day, and every main holiday. I did not fly ETB, ever. The PIT base did not have enough trips for the 57% reserves factor we had in base! Every officer and volunteer came IN THE OFFICE. Why? Because we had an office that was paid by f/a dues $$. THERE WAS NO SUCH THING AS A HOME OFFICE IN PIT!!!!!

Next...
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. Is this thread for real? Can't stop pitying people at the length they will go to demoralize and degrade! :blink:

When you bust your butt it's not a pleasant thing to be lumped in with those who have selfserving agendas. I'm not at all surprised that someone who works actively to support workers and try to make life better for those respresented would rise up in anger.

I can't directy speak to the PHL situation but as far as PIT went, I always knew where to find Ms Xidas and it was in her office.

Part of the problem in PHL is over 75% commute from someplace else for what ever reasons. You have union elections with a 25% turnout. When you do that you get the quality of leadership you deserve. When 75% of the eligible voters say "Pfffft why bother" that is a far more stinging indictment of the character of those running than anything that could be posted here.

I had the "Pleasure" of meeting on of your so called "leaders" in PHL and she was the kind of person that if you shook her hand you'd count your fingers after you washed your hand.

Sitting at a table making CHAOS ribbons doesn't make you a leader anymore than standing a garage makes you a car.
Well the problem is you can't be morally inconsistent. You have AFA complianing about how unethical CCY was in taking bonuses. Now you alledgedly have UNION OFFICIALS behaving morally & ethically in the same manner as Glass and the rest.

This reminds me of something "Lime Boy" said to me, "Unions are a business too and as long as those at the top get theirs that's often all they care about"

Looks like MAYBE Laura & Terry are actively working at proving old management correct in their assesment.

SEEMS THAT LAST STATEMENT HITS THE NAIL ON THE HEAD

Gosh 'Toothy',
I don't know what's worse for you: Fear of the old lady or a security pat down by Sheenequa at the Philly airport?

Eye

People...Let's all grow up and stop picking on the reserve chair whom I do know personally, and happens to be a very good friend of mine...AND who works his ### off everyday for us. AND airportman, if you can do a better job, a little less talk and a lot more action hun!

ETB trips are picked up on "days OFF". If they want to fly on their days off-so be it. I think we have an excellent team working for us in PHL. At least, the RSV chair. Get a hobby already...or volunteer somewhere....... :rolleyes:

ETB trips are picked up on "days OFF". If they want to fly on their days off-so be it. I think we have an excellent team working for us in PHL. At least, the RSV chair. Get a hobby already...or volunteer somewhere....... :rolleyes:
I'll have to disagree. PHL LEC Pres is Horrible!! Never Returns Your Phone Call OR Email! :down:

SEEMS THAT LAST STATEMENT HITS THE NAIL ON THE HEAD

Not exactly airportman. The only 3 people concerned with this thread seem to be Piney Bob, Pitbull and you.

Let's break it down:

Piney is obsessed with Pitbull, Pitbull is obsessed with PHL Council 70, what remains to be seen is why you are obsessed with the Reserve Chair. Care to explain?

Not exactly airportman. The only 3 people concerned with this thread seem to be Piney Bob, Pitbull and you.

Let's break it down:

Piney is obsessed with Pitbull, Pitbull is obsessed with PHL Council 70, what remains to be seen is why you are obsessed with the Reserve Chair. Care to explain?

And everyone else defending the action of their friends...

i'm not obsessed with the reserve chair please read the intial start of the thread and see how it quickly turned to the reserve chair..... then read the reserve chair comment about the sec/treas position and then read the afa c/b and you will see the ILLEGAL actions taken at the local 70 office which btw have been reported to afa national and will be investigated/audited and i hope all is as peachy with your freind then......

good luck and safe flying

This is interesting, the local 70 reps <might be other locals too not sure about them though> are flying etb trips boosting there income while receiving flt loss pay for performing "union" duties....most receive 105 hrs and then fly etb......

just seems unethical.....

best yet our mec defends this practice as he claims its legal....well all of us know that legal and ethical do not always go together. ***ie: wolf/gangwal/seigal...and there golden parachutes while our pension get dumped...it was legal ya' know

our union dues at work........

HMM I WONDER......

IF WE ALL CALL THE NATIONAL OFFICE AND DEMAND AN AUDIT HOW MUCH OTHER ABUSE OF OUR FUNDS WILL THEY FIND

INTERNATIONAL OFFICES PHONE NUMBER (202) 434-1300

OR EMAIL AT [email protected]

I think someone already said this but it would be interesting to see if they are trying to pick up trips during the time they are claiming to be in office. That is abuse of our union $$$ and should be stopped. Do it on your own time at home at night and not in the office where AFA dues are paying for it.

That would be using union time to surf the net for personal gain----didn't Perry Hayes do that a few years back and get thrown out of office ??? Only his wasn't for ETB trips....... :shock:

I think someone already said this but it would be interesting to see if they are trying to pick up trips during the time they are claiming to be in office. That is abuse of our union $$$ and should be stopped. Do it on your own time at home at night and not in the office where AFA dues are paying for it.

That would be using union time to surf the net for personal gain----didn't Perry Hayes do that a few years back and get thrown out of office ??? Only his wasn't for ETB trips....... :shock:
I absolutely agree, they should NOT be watching the ETB board during office hours. Especially if they are collecting 105 hrs of Flight Pay Loss to conduct union business. I would be curious to know if they are picking up trips off the ETB like everyone else or if these trips are being given to them through the back door.

Ouch...It may certainly be a conflict of interest or even a financial benefit if they are using there union pass to commute. But hell, come up the day before, work the office and sandwich your etb trip and its all legal and ethical.

:shock: Amazing to me that the topic was orginally started by airportman concerning the unethical practice's of the PHL LEC Officer's nothing was mentioned about the reserve chair until TunaMan made the remark about the reserve chair. But it is surprising to discover that the reserve chair is averaging over 100 hours per month. I have to say this is upsetting since all I get is 73 hours guarantee and cannot pick up time off of the ETB because either trips not available on the days that I have off or trips do not meet the parameters. Seems like someone is definitely benefiting from what appears to be a self serving practice. :down:

:down:

:down: Key word here is mentioning someone volunteering their time when it appears from this that the reserve chair is not volunteering instead is ending up with a month averaging with over 100 hours of time. So question here is what do you do volunteer work or get paid for your services with the union? Care to comment on this Tuna Can Man. :angry:

Ouch...It may certainly be a conflict of interest or even a financial benefit if they are using there union pass to commute. But hell, come up the day before, work the office and sandwich your etb trip and its all legal and ethical.
Now we know why the company is not letting the union have special flying priority. Seems they might be curbing the unethical practices of our union.

Not sure who you are but I do have enough integrity to tell you I AM THE RSV chair in Philly. Well, really I am the grievance chair, DCP person and RSV chair...AND THE SEC TRES! Since the Sec/Tres abandoned her position

So it seems that the LEC Pres., the LEC VP and the Reserve Chair are the only ones that do anything for PHL. Is it because the three of you are monoplizing the funds or is it that the three of you will not let anyone else do anything.
Airportman has a point and it is obvious that it has struck a nerve. I know that myself and other reserves would appreciate the chance to pay our mortgages and have money left over. If you love to fly on your days off then why don't you fly off the daily reserve list. Go on call and sit like the rest of us and see how much you make. I do not believe that you are in the office 5 days a week if that was the case then you would not be able to be leave to fly the international trips off of the ETB that you do. Gotcha. Getting the time that you are receiving and not being an elected officer is unacceptable. You are not suppose to be serving as an officer especially SEC/TRES unless you were elected by the flight attendants of council 70.
Let other PHL flight attendants participate in union business and share the funds with them. :up:

Not sure who you are but I do have enough integrity to tell you I AM THE RSV chair in Philly. Well, really I am the grievance chair, DCP person and RSV chair...AND THE SEC TRES! Since the Sec/Tres abandoned her position

So it seems that the LEC Pres., the LEC VP and the Reserve Chair are the only ones that do anything for PHL. Is it because the three of you are monoplizing the funds or is it that the three of you will not let anyone else do anything.
Airportman has a point and it is obvious that it has struck a nerve. I know that myself and other reserves would appreciate the chance to pay our mortgages and have money left over. If you love to fly on your days off then why don't you fly off the daily reserve list. Go on call and sit like the rest of us and see how much you make. I do not believe that you are in the office 5 days a week if that was the case then you would not be able to be leave to fly the international trips off of the ETB that you do. Gotcha. Getting the time that you are receiving and not being an elected officer is unacceptable. You are not suppose to be serving as an officer especially SEC/TRES unless you were elected by the flight attendants of council 70.
Let other PHL flight attendants participate in union business and share the funds with them. :up:

I just love how these "Newbie" posters show up out of the blue to post something, and then are never heard from again.

airportman/Lovethesun - or whatever you want to call yourself next...weren't you already told not to post Private Messages? Since airportman was the one who got the PM from the Reserve Chair, how would Lovethesun have access to the same message since it was deleted by the Moderators days ago? I think it's hilarious when one person conjures up new screen name identities to rally support for what has become a long, drawn out personal attack. GOTCHA!

I know for a FACT that the Reserve Chair works his butt off in that office 5 days a week when not flying, and would welcome anyone that cares to go to the office and assist. It's really easy to criticize from your keyboard, why don't you go offer your services airportman/Lovethesun?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back