AFA COUNCIL 70 PHL UNETHICAL BEHAVIOR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay know it all!!!! Tell me the times and days (down to the minute) that each one of the works. What IS there schedule? Do they do work at home? Do they field phone calls after 5?

8 hours a day, 5 days a week is equal to 40 hours a week. Multiply that by 4 weeks, what do you get??? 160 hours for the month NOT 105!!!!!! So, if they put in 2 1/2 weeks worth of time...they are still meeting their obligation. That leaves about 1 1/2 weeks to pick up ETB.

SO, THERE YOU HAVE THE FACTS!!!!!!!

GET A LIFE!!! WORRY ABOUT YOUR OWN SCHEDULE!!!

Three people in each office do not normally receive 105 hours. Bet if you check with other Bases this is not the case. Seriously doubt that they are all three in the office 5 days a week.....if you will look at the post with a schedule on it you will see that the person with that schedule is not putting in 5 days a week in the office. For one to be able to fly the international trip which is a three day trip that would not equal that amount of time unless they are double dipping. The three day international trip did not pay but 14+45. Do not see where you get you figures from. But definitely do not equal the amount of time the rest of us are putting in. Figure a four day trip working 14 hour days and only getting 20 hours of pay. A line flight attendant could work 4 4day trips at 20 hours each and in 16 days only make 80 hours. So do not want to hear a break down of days when they are not in the office everyday.

If we are going to worry about people stealing hours....

LET'S TALK ABOUT ALL THE BLOCK HOLDERS THAT STEAL OVER 1,000 HOURS A MONTH BY OVERFLYING.

THAT IS STEALING FROM THE RESERVES.

This would be energy better spent.

If we are going to worry about people stealing hours....

LET'S TALK ABOUT ALL THE BLOCK HOLDERS THAT STEAL OVER 1,000 HOURS A MONTH BY OVERFLYING.

THAT IS STEALING FROM THE RESERVES.

This would be energy better spent.
Oh Please!!!! This is not about stealing hours. And at least the blockholders are actually out on line flying the time. And if the union officers were keeping up the the ones that were over flying and doing what was suppose to be done on that issue there would not be an issue. Try again!

Oh Please!!!! This is not about stealing hours. And at least the blockholders are actually out on line flying the time. And if the union officers were keeping up the the ones that were over flying and doing what was suppose to be done on that issue there would not be an issue. Try again!

You can friggin run for office anytime you want since you have all the answers!!!!

GET A LIFE

Okay know it all!!!! Tell me the times and days (down to the minute) that each one of them works. What IS their schedule? Do they do work at home? Do they field phone calls after 5?

8 hours a day, 5 days a week is equal to 40 hours a week. Multiply that by 4 weeks, what do you get??? 160 hours for the month NOT 105!!!!!! So, if they put in 2 1/2 weeks worth of time...they are still meeting their obligation. That leaves about 1 1/2 weeks to pick up ETB.

You know the problem with you is that every time you post something its opposite of what everyone else post. You are the one that comes across as a know it all! If you will look back a few page you will see the PHL Reserve Chairs Jun activity...14 days off...16 days in the "office". Look in Cat Crew.

You can friggin run for office anytime you want since you have all the answers!!!!

GET A LIFE
Gosh you get on my nerves. Your posts always have!

GET A LIFE
Might just do that...for all you know I might already work in the Union!

A 14 hour duty day could only pay 7 hours in some cases due to 1 for 2. So is it fair that a union person gets 8 hours for 8 "duty" hours? Just a thought. If so, that's pretty good pay at $37 an hour plus expenses and international lead over rides.

Well folks seem that the point of the thread is unethical union leaders, and thats been shown here. NOW its time to fix it, call afa and demand an AUDIT.

(202) 434-1300

CALL NOW CALL OFTEN

Remember that she is not in the office everyday. Does not live in PHL lives in CA.
Since the company has changed the policy for union traveling bet it has really put a dent in how many times she really is in the office.

Wonder what happened to Tuna Can Man (aka A330boy)?

Apparently, there is no light at the end of the tuna....

Eye

I've heard the LEC in CLT (Ann) with AFA and ETB time was way over 150 hours for last month. Most CLT f/a's call Philly to get an answer or at least a right answer already. Maybe someone should look into her hours/claims as well.

Uh, don't believe you are who you claim to be, but there is no comparison, IMO, between Ann and Laura. Ann is compassionate and fights for the f/as.

I can not say the same for Local 70 Officers. And, I've worked plenty with them. Arrogant, unethical, bunch of company want-be-mangers. Its not that they don't want to represent their members; THEY DON'T HAVE THE SKILLS TO KNOW HOW.

Okay know it all!!!! Tell me the times and days (down to the minute) that each one of them works. What IS their schedule? Do they do work at home? Do they field phone calls after 5?

Twice,

I've done the job! That is not how it works. You were fed some bs. They don't have to post their schedules, they should just reveal them and post their schedules on the e-line. I only know from what someone in mangement had sent to a few individuals who evidently requested it. These folks are windfalling using the flexibility granted as a privilege to them by being elected to office. They do not spend the time that they claim, otherwise PIT reps would not be saying that they are STILL fielding the calls for Local 70.

A 14 hour duty day could only pay 7 hours in some cases due to 1 for 2. So is it fair that a union person gets 8 hours for 8 "duty" hours? Just a thought. If so, that's pretty good pay at $37 an hour plus expenses and international lead over rides.

No. That isn't correct either. No f/a, or union rep, unless they are taking it from the budgeted union fpl for the base gets an average of 7 or 8 hours of flight time daily on a trip.

There is no fricken way. Lame hypothetical.

PITbull,
I am in a quandary here. Why would someone who resides in California (Kaleefournia) want to work 21 days in the union office in PHL? Ya know, it just doesn't seem normal. Are these people insane? Or, is there a deeper, darker secret here.....

Eye
In a quandary in Kaleefournia

PITbull,
I am in a quandary here. Why would someone who resides in California (Kaleefournia) want to work 21 days in the union office in PHL? Ya know, it just doesn't seem normal. Are these people insane? Or, is there a deeper, darker secret here.....

Eye
In a quandary in Kaleefournia

Simply put....they don't work in the office 21 days. That's how they are able to reside in California and call it "working from their home office".

Members need to focus on this issue because you can't be represented properly and timely if the reps are busy trying to max out 150-170 hours a month on ETB.

Greed comes first with some of these types of personalities. I've seen it often enough and its repulsive. They would rather conspire to get rid of you, then have you expose them for the weak, lazy butts they are.

My recommendation is to investigate the allegations by asking AFA International regarding meal expense and flying ETB trips and collecting union meal expense, and force them to reveal their monthly flying hours for the past 12 months.

Then decide if they deserve your vote next election. Often times new blood, with members new expectation is better than putting in the same redundant representation in again.

Simply put....they don't work in the office 21 days. That's how they are able to reside in California and call it "working from their home office".

Members need to focus on this issue because you can't be represented properly and timely if the reps are busy trying to max out 150-170 hours a month on ETB.

So, basically, it's the "Hotel California" paid for by the hard working, union-dues paying, flight attendants at US Airways. Now, that just ain't right.

Eye
No longer in a quandary in Kaleefournia

Uh, don't believe you are who you claim to be, but there is no comparison, IMO, between Ann and Laura. Ann is compassionate and fights for the f/as.

I can not say the same for Local 70 Officers. And, I've worked plenty with them. Arrogant, unethical, bunch of company want-be-mangers. Its not that they don't want to represent their members; THEY DON'T HAVE THE SKILLS TO KNOW HOW.
Twice,

I've done the job! That is not how it works. You were fed some bs. They don't have to post their schedules, they should just reveal them and post their schedules on the e-line. I only know from what someone in mangement had sent to a few individuals who evidently requested it. These folks are windfalling using the flexibility granted as a privilege to them by being elected to office. They do not spend the time that they claim, otherwise PIT reps would not be saying that they are STILL fielding the calls for Local 70.
No. That isn't correct either. No f/a, or union rep, unless they are taking it from the budgeted union fpl for the base gets an average of 7 or 8 hours of flight time daily on a trip.

There is no fricken way. Lame hypothetical.

Someone else said 8x5 is 40 and times 4 is 160 hours so it is ok to get paid 160 hours. My point was that a blockholder couldn't get that many hours because we are not paid one for one. no combination of trips could you stay legal for would give you that many hours.

From my own personal experience outside the airline and having held many elected positions, power corrupts almost everyone. That is why even though asked many times I refuse to run for any office ever again inside or out of the industry.

Status
Not open for further replies.