AFA COUNCIL 70 PHL UNETHICAL BEHAVIOR

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not 100% sure, but I think it's voluntary right now. She is a real go getter. We have about 10 members on our commitee. We talk amongst our RSV selves. We keep ourselves in the loop. We hand out Bus. cards to all the RSV's we fly with. If I can't answer a question, we get it answered by someone else. We actually have same day service.
WOW! Well sounds like you guys are on the up and up!

If y'all think it's such a cushy job being a union rep, why don't you run for office in the next elections?

The LEC's in PHL could care less about the flight attendants. Did not do anything to help the flight attendants being displaced. Heard Charlotte sent out welcome packets to the flight attendants going into their base. Heard it came from their reserve committee. Why didn't our reserve chair do this for our flight attendants especially since he is not flying out on the line and getting 105 to work in the office. Wonder if the committee memembers in Charlotte are getting 105 to sit in the office or are they flying on the line. Anyone know?

That type of direction is to come from the LECP; not the reserve chair which is not an elected position. Your frustation is displaced and needs to be directed at the Elected LECP who is responsible for the displaced f/as.

If y'all think it's such a cushy job being a union rep, why don't you run for office in the next elections?

Let's just hope they do. Some of these reps have become very complacent and are more concerned with having a good relationship with inflight then their members.

It's not supposed to be a cushy job. It's also not supposed to be a job that makes one wealthier, especially at the expense of the folks who voted someone into office to do a full time and ethical job on their behalf. If what is occuring regarding paid hours and supposedly being able to get special trips that elude the rank-and-file can't pass the smell test, then it should not be done.

If there isn't enough work to do at the loval, then maybe the local needs to be shut down because it is too small to justify it's existence. Since we know that is neither the case nor going to happen, then why shouldn't the members expect full value for the money they pay for full time union representation?

It's not supposed to be a cushy job. It's also not supposed to be a job that makes one wealthier, especially at the expense of the folks who voted someone into office to do a full time and ethical job on their behalf. If what is occuring regarding paid hours and supposedly being able to get special trips that elude the rank-and-file can't pass the smell test, then it should not be done.

If there isn't enough work to do at the loval, then maybe the local needs to be shut down because it is too small to justify it's existence. Since we know that is neither the case nor going to happen, then why shouldn't the members expect full value for the money they pay for full time union representation?
Very well said, H P! No on is discounting the work they do. What some of us are saying is that doing that job SHOULD NOT ENTITLE that person to monetary gains not afforded the constituents they represent. I am very glad we have a union. I am however not glad that a non elected Union Employee, who is also a Resereve FA gets to circumvent protocal...such as bidding for days off or being paid a higher guarantee than the rest of the Reserves.

When's the last time you guys had a union meeting up there in PHL? In CLT, as far as I know, we haven't had one since our former LECP went up to MECP, which was about a year or more ago. Long time with not alot of face contact. I'm sure things will change here in CLT on the next go around.

I agree with that. And if people really are becoming unjustly enriched off of dues money, that certainly should be stopped -- I never suggested otherwise.

However, there are many posts here where people are implying that doing union work all day dealing with flight attendant and management drama (and getting criticized for your efforts by anonoymous people on the internet) is somehow easier than sitting around a crash pad all day shouting insults, criticisms and accusations from the sidelines. And some have suggested that union reps should fly the line a lot more, IN ADDITION TO carrying out all of their union responsibilities, but shouldn't expect to get compensated any more for the extra work they do.

So again, if doing union work is so much more pleasant than being out on the line, step up to the plate if the people currently working on your behalf are not up to your standards.

According to AFA International, union reps are required to put in a certain amount of time a month. As long as the union folks put in the amount of time that they need too, they can pick up ETB trips. It is NO DIFFERENT than flying your REQUIRED 85 hour block for the month and picking up a trip off the ETB.

Get a life people. You would all do the same thing if you had extra time to pick up a trip.

Jealousy is a wasted emotion.

If any of you want to take their positions, you have the power to make that happen.

I've heard the LEC in CLT (Ann) with AFA and ETB time was way over 150 hours for last month. Most CLT f/a's call Philly to get an answer or at least a right answer already. Maybe someone should look into her hours/claims as well.

According to AFA International, union reps are required to put in a certain amount of time a month. As long as the union folks put in the amount of time that they need too, they can pick up ETB trips. It is NO DIFFERENT than flying your REQUIRED 85 hour block for the month and picking up a trip off the ETB.

Get a life people. You would all do the same thing if you had extra time to pick up a trip.

Jealousy is a wasted emotion.

If any of you want to take their positions, you have the power to make that happen.
Before you post again get the facts! They are not putting in all the time was our point. 16 days a month in the office paid at 5 hours a day 80 hours...they are paid 105! Then picking up ETB trips on top of that. The Reserve Chair is paid 105 hours a month all other reserves are paid 73. 73 hours for 19 days on call. Reserve Chair paid 105 for around 16 day in the office. Seem fair to you?

I agree with that. And if people really are becoming unjustly enriched off of dues money, that certainly should be stopped -- I never suggested otherwise.

However, there are many posts here where people are implying that doing union work all day dealing with flight attendant and management drama (and getting criticized for your efforts by anonoymous people on the internet) is somehow easier than sitting around a crash pad all day shouting insults, criticisms and accusations from the sidelines. And some have suggested that union reps should fly the line a lot more, IN ADDITION TO carrying out all of their union responsibilities, but shouldn't expect to get compensated any more for the extra work they do.

So again, if doing union work is so much more pleasant than being out on the line, step up to the plate if the people currently working on your behalf are not up to your standards.

No one implied that doing union work is easy. If it is done the way that it should be done it is a very hard job.
Sure Pitbull will vouch for that. She put in a lot of time for us and was/is treated horribly. Bet she would not be rolling over with this situation and bet she would not have been benefiting from this. Do feel though that union reps should fly the line off of AIL to keep in touch with what is going on and I do not mean just international trips. I mean hard 4 day trips where we are doing 6 legs and cleaning each leg. If they did the work that they should be doing I do not see how they would have the extra time to fly etb trips on their days off. Do not feel there is anything wrong with getting paid for work that you are actually working. With this new reserve system we are not able to go out and work regularly like we use to. We would much rather be able to work normal schedules like we use to instead of sitting and waiting for scheduling to call. Did not have to give up days off to fly ETB time for the extra money that we have to try to do now.

Well "New Blood" is always a good thing...so they say!
DEFINITELY AGREE WITH THAT STATEMENT!!!!!!!

Before you post again get the facts! They are not putting in all the time was our point. 16 days a month in the office paid at 5 hours a day 80 hours...they are paid 105! Then picking up ETB trips on top of that. The Reserve Chair is paid 105 hours a month all other reserves are paid 73. 73 hours for 19 days on call. Reserve Chair paid 105 for around 16 day in the office. Seem fair to you?
Yep!!!!!! What IMisstheAladdinTrays says!!!!!

I will say that you could not PAY ME ENOUGH to listen to what these officers have to listen to day in, and day out....
Well I'd say it looks like they are compensated pretty well to listen to the crap they are "PAID" to do and also "CHOSE" to run for the position to "DO" for their members.

Okay know it all!!!! Tell me the times and days (down to the minute) that each one of them works. What IS their schedule? Do they do work at home? Do they field phone calls after 5?

8 hours a day, 5 days a week is equal to 40 hours a week. Multiply that by 4 weeks, what do you get??? 160 hours for the month NOT 105!!!!!! So, if they put in 2 1/2 weeks worth of time...they are still meeting their obligation. That leaves about 1 1/2 weeks to pick up ETB.

SO, THERE YOU HAVE THE FACTS!!!!!!!

GET A LIFE!!! WORRY ABOUT YOUR OWN SCHEDULE!!!

I will say that you could not PAY ME ENOUGH to listen to what these officers have to listen to day in, and day out....
Well I'd say it looks like they are compensated pretty well to listen to the crap they are "PAID" to do and also "CHOSE" to run for the position to "DO" for their members.
Said part is there are probably more that volunteer their time in the union that are not compensated for what they do because all of the funds are going to 3 people 2 of which were voted in and one who kisses Laura's B. He needs to stand up to her and protect the reserves. He says one thing and then says another on the same subject. Too wishy washy. Read his elines. They are not right either.
For one to be paid what he is being paid they should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.