AFA East MEC E-Line

PITbull

Veteran
Dec 29, 2002
www.usaviation.com
Directly off the press: AFA East MEC E-line.

I guess when transactions are in the BILLIONS, working out a few million dollars of improvements for the f/as is "chump change"...surely won't kill the investors....ITS BUSINESS. Read Below: :up:

US AIRWAYS BIDS TO MERGE WITH DELTA AIRLINES

In a press release issued yesterday morning, US Airways announced it has made a proposal to Delta Airlines under which both companies would combine after Delta emerges from bankruptcy. US Airways has committed financing from Citigroup and has offered 8 billion dollars in cash and stock to acquire Delta Airlines. The airline will operate under the name of Delta Airlines.

Earlier this year US Airways CEO Doug Parker made inquiries to Delta CEO Gerald Grinstein proposing a merger. Those inquiries were rebuffed. Delta still continues to insist it can emerge from bankruptcy as a standalone carrier. In today" proposal US Airways has outlined specific terms to merge the carriers.

Several hurdles remain for the transaction to actually occur. The merger offer would have to be approved by the creditors committee and the bankruptcy court and pass government anti-trust scrutiny.

In a mid-day conference call, the Company told Union leaders the proposed timetable for the merger, if allowed, would be in excess of 8 months. The Company wants to continue the process of merging US Airways and America West labor contracts and operations prior to the potential Delta merger.

Delta Flight Attendants are not represented by a union and do not operate under a collective bargaining agreement. The Company has told the Unions they are no longer standing by their statement to negotiate cost neutral contracts but will agree to a negotiation process that would allow for the "higher" of the three contracts or work rules.

AFA attorneys will be briefing the MEC with respect to the fact that Delta Flight Attendants are not represented by a union.

Thank you,

Mike Flores, President
US Airways MEC
AFA-CWA

They also promised no furloughs, as they did with the AWA merger. My coworkers that were furloughed AFTER the AWA merger will be pleased to hear that, I'm sure.

Heard this from training. All future hirings next year will all be based in the east coast and the ones that are going to be filled in the west will be transfers.

Heard this from training. All future hirings next year will all be based in the east coast and the ones that are going to be filled in the west will be transfers.
What employee group are you speaking about? Ramp? Customer Svc? You cannot be referring to Pilot/FA, because we are still nowhere near a merged contract. Therefore, east and west must maintain hiring on their respective sides....

If the merger goes through, the company needs to pump up some hubs in the west coast. There is just way too many in the east coast.

I read that Delta has a small hub in Las Vegas and so does US Airways. If they pump up the inflight base in Vegas and their mini-hub in Los Angeles, this could help out the junior phx based flight attendants.

What employee group are you speaking about? Ramp? Customer Svc? You cannot be referring to Pilot/FA, because we are still nowhere near a merged contract. Therefore, east and west must maintain hiring on their respective sides....

Flight Attendants....I guess I should have been more clear! Once they merged the contracts, future hirings will be based in the east. That is what I heard, but then again....it could be rumor too.

If the merger goes through, the company needs to pump up some hubs in the west coast. There is just way too many in the east coast.
I read that Delta has a small hub in Las Vegas and so does US Airways. If they pump up the inflight base in Vegas and their mini-hub in Los Angeles, this could help out the junior phx based flight attendants.
Flight Attendants....I guess I should have been more clear! Once they merged the contracts, future hirings will be based in the east. That is what I heard, but then again....it could be rumor too.
Oh yah, I agree. Once the contracts are merged, the west coast people will be in line for PHX, so, for a while, I agree any future recall/ new hire FA will be on the East coast. I do not think it will last forever, tho, and I certainly do not think it is anything we have to worry about for awhile. Transfers to PHX are still way down the road.....

Directly off the press: AFA East MEC E-line.

Delta Flight Attendants are not represented by a union and do not operate under a collective bargaining agreement. The Company has told the Unions they are no longer standing by their statement to negotiate cost neutral contracts but will agree to a negotiation process that would allow for the "higher" of the three contracts or work rules.

sky high states: How badly were the concessions for the Delta F/A's and their contract? Pay, sick, vacation? Is their "current" contract online? Wouldnt they be the higher of the three?

............anyone else jaded? Parity plus one, cost neutral....now this? Where's the dotted line!!!

only stating opinions.

Since DL f/as are not union, I can't get the pay scale from their website. If I remember correctly, they are paid doemstically top-out $41 and $46 Internationally.

Since DL f/as are not union, I can't get the pay scale from their website. If I remember correctly, they are paid doemstically top-out $41 and $46 Internationally.
I think they start at around $25 for f/a. I'm not completely sure..but for some reason that keeps coming up in my mind.

If you go to the Delta link on this website and type in F/A contract it brings up their contract as of Sept.22, 2005 with the changes that go in to effect for 2006.

Latest posts