AFA MEC E-line "New USAirways"

Doug Parker is showing his true colors it seems. It also shows he has little understanding of how the unions MEC vs. LEC offices work. We have 6 crew bases and a HQ now thousands of miles away from those bases. Logic would tell you if he wants this deal wrapped up and maintain a respective working relationship you give the union leaders a seat to and from conducting thier business. Sorry the world no longer revolves JUST around PHX....you are now merging with an much more complex airline.

I agree...You would think Dougie would be walking on eggshells after what the east employee’s have been through.

Now is not the time to be raising a stink over 6 union officials flight habits. I’ve learned you must pick your battles….Doug, this one you want to past over in my opinion.

SL

Its facilitating a binding agreement

Its a binding agreement that a company wants nothing to do with, so to speak. This isn't like a agreement with a vendor that the company's trying to get it money's worth from. That union rep very likely might be flying to finalize grievances that in turn will eventually involve company time, attorneys, resources, etc. A company should make that convienant?

CB

I agree...You would think Dougie would be walking on eggshells after what the east employee’s have been through.

Now is not the time to be raising a stink over 6 union officials flight habits. I’ve learned you must pick your battles….Doug, this one you want to past over in my opinion.

SL

Actually, its only 3 officers.

we have pilots and flight attendants based in LAS

The reps in AWA West first contract was 1999, and they didn't discuss this issue with Franke. Doug Parker took over in 2001, and still the reps didn't discuss it.

Its been the practice of THIS LEGACY CARRIER FOR OVER 35 YEARS.

I believe DP is being handled by JG, just as Siegel and Lakefield.

Doug just has no sense about him. And I don't believe he has the experience to manage a Legacy carrier on the East Coast as evidenced by his small mind that focuses on small minute issues in the big picture.

Ya know what...I am about sick and tired of hearing from the "East" how horrible things are. The sooner you all realize that TIMES HAVE CHANGED...the better off we are ALL going to be. Just because the house WAS once "given" away for free (free travel for non-company business) doesn't mean that it still should be. You once earned very very good salaries...times have changed. You once served HOT meals for FREE...times have changed. You once were a respected airline...UNFORTUNALTELY, times have changed!! Come on people...lets accept that times have changed and work together to make this a GREAT airline. It's not the companys responsibility to fly union members all over the country for free to conduct their business. Only when on "company" business should free transportation be provided...IN MY OPINION!
THANKYOU!

az,

And how do you feel about the FIRST CLASS/SPACE POSITIVE for all the execs and family members anytime anywhere????

That hasnt changed! But it sure needs to.

I agree with you on that. But how do we handle that one. As an exec of a company, should they board with the same priority as the employees of that company? I say YES, but in reality...that won't EVER happen. What if you or I was the CEO of ABC Air...would you or I want to be standing by with all of the employees of said airline or is that ONE of the perks of being CEO. I don't know...I would love to BUMP Doug and his family or whoever else is in line. But I just don't think something like that will happen. It should stop at some level...maybe just the CEO...I DUNNO!

I agree with you on that. But how do we handle that one. As an exec of a company, should they board with the same priority as the employees of that company? I say YES, but in reality...that won't EVER happen. What if you or I was the CEO of ABC Air...would you or I want to be standing by with all of the employees of said airline or is that ONE of the perks of being CEO. I don't know...I would love to BUMP Doug and his family or whoever else is in line. But I just don't think something like that will happen. It should stop at some level...maybe just the CEO...I DUNNO!

Glad you asked for my opinion...

if the guy is going to harp about "revenue loss" than follow the ideology all the way up the ladder to the senior execs INLCUDING the CEO. If these execs are on co. business or trying to commute to work if they live in another state or city, than YES space positive to come to work vs. DRIVING. However, when it comes to holiday vacationing for them and their families..PAY FOR THE AAMN TICKETS FROM THE BIG BUCKS, BONUS, STOCK THEY RECEIVE!

Otherwise, DP needs to shut up and sit down! :angry:

OK, you are right on this one. That makes perfect since to me!
THAT SOUNDS GOOD!!!:up:

woops...except for the "commuting" part. If they CHOOSE to live away from their place of work...then they go SPACE AVAILABLE, or...use the big bucks to buy a ticket!

Actually the have two. You forgot about LAS. I don't understand why it has to be all or nothing. DP said that they compromised at a higher priority level. If DP truly did not give a damn then he would offer nothing.

The union has shown once again how to screw up a negotiation. Never go out and air bad laundry it does nothing, but label you as reactionary and petty. Impressions mean a lot in negotiation.

Bingo! We have a winner! :up: :up: :up:

The union has shown once again how to screw up a negotiation. Never go out and air bad laundry it does nothing, but label you as reactionary and petty. Impressions mean a lot in negotiation.

Ericlvfish,

So, how do you feel about Dougie, boy-wonder speaking about this issue to the WALL STREET JOURNAL, an international/global business newspaper???

SL

I agree with you if it's only 6 union officials, but what about the IAM, IBT, TWU, etc? When the issue came up the easiest thing to do is to compromise East and West and it was probably a snap decision.

It is not that many people, probably 30 people tops from all unions.

Do you know CEOs, VPs and BOD members from othere airlines all fly positive space on US and have their own travel cards?

Speaking from experience I would have been stuck in places if it was not for positive space travel while on union business working for the membership.