AFA MEC E-line "New USAirways"

Its a binding agreement that a company wants nothing to do with, so to speak. This isn't like a agreement with a vendor that the company's trying to get it money's worth from. That union rep very likely might be flying to finalize grievances that in turn will eventually involve company time, attorneys, resources, etc. A company should make that convienant?

CB

In a perfect world, A company should welcome union guardenship of it's employees to ensure rogue supervisors/managers are not creating an atmosphere of fear an intimidation. In a perfect world their would be respect and a professional atmosphere between the company officials and union officials. So far I haven't seen any of the above. What I have seen is the company being careful what it says publicly about unions and taking some action that union leaders have issue with. I've seen Unions use disparging remarks about management that whether or not they are on the money should be made behind close doors not publicly. Making such statements publicly while intended to strengthen their position...clearly only weakens their position to anyone who has a lick of sense.

Unions need to get down to the business of taking care of business, not mudslinging, name calling, or beating up rival union leadership. Business needs to be conducted in a professional manner. Show results in comparision to the Airline Industry on how paying dues to you have improved the quality of life for the union worker paying your salary. I'll be one of them soon and I'll do whatever I can to help...but don't ask me to be a part of tearing down the very company I'm trying to build up.

Latest posts