AFA Files Suit In Federal Court

dapoes said:
No CBA in the world will protect anyone from dire times as we are facing.

Oh you mean like these...

Delta Air Lines (DAL: 7.97, +0.01, +0.1%) could see a $5 billion benefit in 2009 if oil remains at around $50 a barrel, said Ed Bastian...
...With oil prices most recently around $50 a barrel, passenger revenue would have to decline more than 20% to lose the cost benefit of cheaper fuel, and not even the terrorist attacks on Sept. 11, 2001, were able to do that...
-Marketwatch.com

and...

Airline Industry: 2009 Recovery?
...Those same analysts who were predicting airline failures are now projecting billions of dollars in profits for 2009.

As they say- “things changeâ€￾!

-Seekingalpha.com

and...
...On Oct. 31, Bastian, who is also the new Northwest CEO, sold 100,000 shares for $1.04 million ($10.45 per share), according to a Nov. 4 SEC filing. New Delta Chief Financial Officer Hank Halter sold more than 64,000 shares worth about $694,000 ($10.75 per share)...
...Mike Campbell, executive vice president of human resources and labor relations, sold 65,719 shares for $736,000.

Glen Hauenstein, executive vice president for network planning and revenue management, sold 20,000 shares for $230,000.

...About 600 to 700 corporate officers stand to receive the remaining employee stock share (about 3.5 percent), according to the filings.

Delta reported in an Oct. 31 filing Anderson received common stock and options worth a combined $13.6 million, based on Nov. 2 closing price of Delta???s stock.

Anderson also gets options on 1.52 million shares that have an exercise price of $7.99

...On Oct. 31, Bastian received about 470,000 shares worth more than $5 million at closing Wednesday. He also was awarded options on 940,000 shares that if cashed out Wednesday would be worth about $3 million. Like Anderson, clauses prevent Bastian exercise the options immediately, but common stock can be disposed of at his pleasure.

Bastian also has about 179,000 shares he received from helping lead Delta out of bankruptcy two years ago that have now fully vested.
-Entrepreneur.com

and...
From Standard&Poor's Equity Research. We view Delta Air Lines (DAL: recent price, 9) as the best positioned U.S. airline to take advantage of the industry environment entering 2009. Overall, we think the industry as a whole is likely to benefit from a sharp pullback in the price of oil and the resulting decline in jet fuel costs since late July 2008. We also believe the industry has already moved to pull down domestic seat capacity, which should allow supply and demand to remain in balance despite the expected decline in air travel demand that we see resulting from the global economic recession.

On top of the positive trends, we anticipate affecting the overall industry in 2009, we think Delta should be able to leverage its recently closed merger with Northwest Airlines to achieve cost and revenue synergies, allowing it to outperform U.S. industry peers financially over the next few years.
- The Outlook, Standard & Poors

This is what you are talking about, right?

From Standard&Poor's Equity Research. We view Delta Air Lines (DAL: recent price, 9) as the best positioned U.S. airline to take advantage of the industry environment entering 2009. Overall, we think the industry as a whole is likely to benefit from a sharp pullback in the price of oil and the resulting decline in jet fuel costs since late July 2008.

Maybe its just that you and others here don't like to hear opposing views perhaps? And the mountain of evidence you speak of is more like mountains of opinions.

But that's my whole point. They are not opinions. They are FACTS. You're trying to do (I think just to gain attention) what some talking heads do on evening shows like Oreilly, Hardball, etc...You're trying to pass facts off as opinion. There are facts, and then there are opinions of facts.

It is a FACT that an election cannont be called until the NMB declares DL/NW a single carrier.
It is a FACT that AFA has had DOH in their by-laws since the 80s, at least.
It is a FACT that the EFCA does not include airline workers/RLA.

That's why I call you an internet "troll". You're just trying to stir the pot to gain attention. I feel sorry for you that this is the only way you can get it..rather than engaging in constructive dialogue.

Oh you mean like these...

Delta Air Lines (DAL: 7.97, +0.01, +0.1%) could see a $5 billion benefit in 2009 if oil remains at around $50 a barrel, said Ed Bastian...
...With oil prices most recently around $50 a barrel, passenger revenue would have to decline more than 20% to lose the cost benefit of cheaper fuel, and not even the terrorist attacks on Sept. 11, 2001, were able to do that...
-Marketwatch.com

and...

Airline Industry: 2009 Recovery?
...Those same analysts who were predicting airline failures are now projecting billions of dollars in profits for 2009.

As they say- “things changeâ€￾!

-Seekingalpha.com

and...
...On Oct. 31, Bastian, who is also the new Northwest CEO, sold 100,000 shares for $1.04 million ($10.45 per share), according to a Nov. 4 SEC filing. New Delta Chief Financial Officer Hank Halter sold more than 64,000 shares worth about $694,000 ($10.75 per share)...
...Mike Campbell, executive vice president of human resources and labor relations, sold 65,719 shares for $736,000.

Glen Hauenstein, executive vice president for network planning and revenue management, sold 20,000 shares for $230,000.

...About 600 to 700 corporate officers stand to receive the remaining employee stock share (about 3.5 percent), according to the filings.

Delta reported in an Oct. 31 filing Anderson received common stock and options worth a combined $13.6 million, based on Nov. 2 closing price of Delta???s stock.

Anderson also gets options on 1.52 million shares that have an exercise price of $7.99

...On Oct. 31, Bastian received about 470,000 shares worth more than $5 million at closing Wednesday. He also was awarded options on 940,000 shares that if cashed out Wednesday would be worth about $3 million. Like Anderson, clauses prevent Bastian exercise the options immediately, but common stock can be disposed of at his pleasure.

Bastian also has about 179,000 shares he received from helping lead Delta out of bankruptcy two years ago that have now fully vested.
-Entrepreneur.com

and...
From Standard&Poor's Equity Research. We view Delta Air Lines (DAL: recent price, 9) as the best positioned U.S. airline to take advantage of the industry environment entering 2009. Overall, we think the industry as a whole is likely to benefit from a sharp pullback in the price of oil and the resulting decline in jet fuel costs since late July 2008. We also believe the industry has already moved to pull down domestic seat capacity, which should allow supply and demand to remain in balance despite the expected decline in air travel demand that we see resulting from the global economic recession.

On top of the positive trends, we anticipate affecting the overall industry in 2009, we think Delta should be able to leverage its recently closed merger with Northwest Airlines to achieve cost and revenue synergies, allowing it to outperform U.S. industry peers financially over the next few years.
- The Outlook, Standard & Poors

This is what you are talking about, right?

From Standard&Poor's Equity Research. We view Delta Air Lines (DAL: recent price, 9) as the best positioned U.S. airline to take advantage of the industry environment entering 2009. Overall, we think the industry as a whole is likely to benefit from a sharp pullback in the price of oil and the resulting decline in jet fuel costs since late July 2008.

So whats your point? You fell slighted because your slice of the stock pie was smaller then theirs or the forecasting of future trends? And what if those forecasts are wrong like they are all the time?

But that's my whole point. They are not opinions. They are FACTS. You're trying to do (I think just to gain attention) what some talking heads do on evening shows like Oreilly, Hardball, etc...You're trying to pass facts off as opinion. There are facts, and then there are opinions of facts.

It is a FACT that an election cannont be called until the NMB declares DL/NW a single carrier.
It is a FACT that AFA has had DOH in their by-laws since the 80s, at least.
It is a FACT that the EFCA does not include airline workers/RLA.

That's why I call you an internet "troll". You're just trying to stir the pot to gain attention. I feel sorry for you that this is the only way you can get it..rather than engaging in constructive dialogue.

Constructive dialog? Meaning anything pro-union is constructive dialog, anything opposed is not. Is that correct?

So whats your point? You fell slighted because your slice of the stock pie was smaller then theirs or the forecasting of future trends? And what if those forecasts are wrong like they are all the time?
Absolutely not, no frontline employee expects to receive what executives make. It just goes to show how misleading they are, and how misleading you are.

But Delta employees have done well they past 70+ years without unions, and Delta does care.

True until about 8 years ago. Since the late 90s exectives have come and gone taking their millions. Now we get to inherit Northwest management which has thrived on treating their employees like crap, welcome to the "new" Delta.

YES WE CAN!
...and YES WE WILL!
Destination: Representation

Constructive dialog? Meaning anything pro-union is constructive dialog, anything opposed is not. Is that correct?

I am more than willing, and actually look forward to, engaging with those whose opinions are different from mine when their opinions are based in fact. For instance, take the McCaskill-Bond amendment. You may disagree with how AFA interprets it; but you can't say it doesn't exist, that it doesn't cover airline employees or any other NON-fact.

This will be my last posting to you as I feel that engaging internet trolls is a waste of time.

I am more than willing, and actually look forward to, engaging with those whose opinions are different from mine when their opinions are based in fact. For instance, take the McCaskill-Bond amendment. You may disagree with how AFA interprets it; but you can't say it doesn't exist, that it doesn't cover airline employees or any other NON-fact.

This will be my last posting to you as I feel that engaging internet trolls is a waste of time.

No your not, you and others here really see only one side and dismiss anything else. You and others here enjoy the whack-a-mole style of dumping on DAL any chance you get, so give me a break.

Absolutely not, no frontline employee expects to receive what executives make. It just goes to show how misleading they are, and how misleading you are.

Huh? :blink: Your sentence makes no sense whatsoever. How are they misleading??? How am I misleading???

Show me any industry ever, in the recorded history of time has frontline employees make the same as executives/management.

Huh? Your sentence makes no sense whatsoever. How are they misleading??? How am I misleading???

Show me any industry ever, in the recorded history of time has frontline employees make the same as executives/management.

Who implied that? Just looking at the past couple of pages in this thred its been proven over and over by multiple members how misleading you are.

You say something, get proven wrong, change subject, then go back to that subject and post some more misleading information.

Many members have showed you FACTS, which you conveniently choose to overlook.

Back to what this thread is about....AFA files law suit against Delta...

I just had a really nice evening last night with about 20+ Delta F/A's.
at a private Christmas party.
Of course this issue came up. Not the Union but the here and now topic of
the seniority integration team hasn't met with the NW counterparts.
As far as as wether it is actually "LEGAL" to sit down and meet, I guess
we will know when the judge decides. But the notion that it has been postponed
doesn't sit well at all. The prevailing notion is that we want this over sooner than later
I also believe that there is a correlation between someone being
"Noble" and their seniority. They very senior ones (40+ years) know that
it won't really effect them. However the rests are very concerned about loosing their
quality of flying.

However the rests are very concerned about loosing their
quality of flying.
I am sure "loosing their quality of flying" pales in comparison of having our airline merged and absorbed away..while your group
focus on yourselves, maybe you can take a moment and see where we are coming from..

I fully support having both groups meet and sit down and talk if anything (today) but that is not my decision..

I would like to remind you to keep an open mind(and your party guests)..life unfolds in the present...being overly concerned
and worrying about something that has not happened and might not happen at all squanders precious seconds away of our lives..
every issue always has a way of working itself out..one way or another..

remain calm
breathe
focus on positive aspects.

Not the Union but the here and now topic of
the seniority integration team hasn't met with the NW counterparts.

Did the fact that the election of the Seniority Integration Committee was purposely dilited by management come up?

The list included retired employees, and employees who did not wat to be on the list. Average seniority of the Seniority Integration Committee is 26 years, with several members have over 30 years seniority, and the most junior member hired in 1998.

Did the fact that the election of the Seniority Integration Committee was purposely dilited by management come up?

The list included retired employees, and employees who did not wat to be on the list. Average seniority of the Seniority Integration Committee is 26 years, with several members have over 30 years seniority, and the most junior member hired in 1998.
Actually it did. Many of our names were on the ballot and most of us were not interested
in running. Though I may not agree with some of the positions some of the
members hold, I have a tremendous respect all of them and the job they have ahead.
Do you have a reason as to why those hired after 1998 didn't get enough votes?
How did the NW f/a's elect their committee members?