AFA-CWA files with the NMB for Election

The AFA is all about dues. If the AFA really wanted to show the airlines they meant business, the F/A's would have walked out at United and USAIR together. Instead of doing the right thing, the AFA folded like a cheap lawnchair. If the present PFAA officers have failed in their duties(folding like a cheap lawnchair), NWA F/A's need to recall their elected officials and replace them newly elected ones. I think that is part of the PFAA constitution, isn't it?

princess, Most likely the recall thing has to many holes in it ;)

And further more the mother ship could not be toppled by a spider leg of the association.

Oh well. PFAA is also making furloughed people pay TO VOTE in or out of the T/A and stuff. How dumb.

PFAA you suck. :down:

At the risk of thread drift, I'd like to know who paid to print up copies of your T/A. I found one tonight on an A/C; I swear I had textbooks in college that weighed less than that!

At the risk of thread drift, I'd like to know who paid to print up copies of your T/A. I found one tonight on an A/C; I swear I had textbooks in college that weighed less than that!
That's a good one. Proffessional F***ing A****** Association is crying they don't got no money. Pretty interesting.

All I can say is SAME SMELL different taste.

Again, a friend of mine got a notice to pay $42 dollars to vote in or out the T/A. :lol: CRAZY!

Jenny--

here's another question (hopefully, it doesn't come across as a dumb one):

So, I'm reading your T/A, and while the Scope section is right in front, there's nothing to it....No description of the job(s) performed, covered work, etc. Just LOA's to be filled in later. Why is that? Is this specific language in the current book somewhere? I did see that the interpreters have very specific language farther in.

Also, regarding my previous question in another about "turn clean" language, I see that there is an LOA from awhile ago about it, but it doesn't specify what it is (the LOA in the book is a grievance settlement).

Jenny--

here's another question (hopefully, it doesn't come across as a dumb one):

So, I'm reading your T/A, and while the Scope section is right in front, there's nothing to it....No description of the job(s) performed, covered work, etc. Just LOA's to be filled in later. Why is that? Is this specific language in the current book somewhere? I did see that the interpreters have very specific language farther in.

Also, regarding my previous question in another about "turn clean" language, I see that there is an LOA from awhile ago about it, but it doesn't specify what it is (the LOA in the book is a grievance settlement).
go check out the "other" site. Danny Campbell himself manifested on the board... :shock:

Good luck to you all!
If you did not support your last Union (much less your current Union) how can you be expected to support a new Union?

Remember the 'U' in Union is YOU!

B) UT

Jenny,

Well, I certainly do not want to go into a long diatribe into the pros and cons of a particular union. But a short study of were unionization is today leads me to believe (IMHO) that there will be no unionized labor in the USA soon. The question is ‘why’? Fractionalization of unions is the business mans dream because fractionalization provides him/her/them (being PC) with the tools needed to divide and conquer. It allows him to pit us against each other as we beg for their pennies and ‘unions’ further divide us with their petty quest to be the best ‘dues’ collectors. I have heard and seen so much deflection, half-truths, and outright lies between so called ‘unions’ that it makes my stomach turn. In reality (JMHO) what we need is a single ‘Airline Union’ that looks out for the airline employees interests. We have too many bu!!$hit unions that have done nothing more than further fractionalize unionism and disenfranchise the ‘Membership’. JMHO, the unions themselves are a self fulfilling prophecy in their own demise and ‘WE’ the ‘MEMBERSHIP’ are fools in ‘their’ folly.

Take Care,
B) UT

What good will it do for NWA F/A's to switch unions? If the NWA membership is too scared to walk out on strike, changing unions will be useless. The AFA is a fraud in my opinion. What type of union holds a candlelight "protest" in front of the white house and then agrees to more and more concessions? The AFA wants that dues money and nothing more. :down:

I must agree.

AFA needs to show NWA what they have done to ward off deep concessions. USAirways went through 3 deep concessions, dumped pensions, revamped work rules.

Three concessions in 3 years with union representation! What woud AFA do differently for the NWA f/as???? You know that AFA had to join CWA for the sole reason that AFA wouldn't be here today. There are so many AFA members that lost their jobs through United and U's bankruptcies. And AFA could do nothing about that but merge themselves with a huge union (CWA). But, that didn't help with concessions. We gave and gave to management. CWA just supported that "give-back" with funding negotiations.

USAirways is at $37.59 at top out (starting 15 years service)...DOWN from $46, which should have been probably $50. We went back to 1986 wages. Our contract doesn't become amendable until 2012. Lost 5,000 f/a jobs since 9/11. The only way U survived was through a merger that was brought together by a bunch of investors who are gambling on a speculation.

Its one thing to have no union representation, but to dump a union to take another? AFA cites the wrongs that management has done to labor; but have they said what solutions to these issues they would seek? They haven't done squat yet! :down:

If NWA F/A's want to switch unions, then go right ahead and do it. Just don't be disappointed when you still get massive concessions from the AFA or whoever. If NWA's F/A membership isn't willing to walk a picketline, then NWA management will still come out smelling like a rose no matter what union is on the property.

It is much better to go down fighting(AMFA) than live as a slave(AFA,TWU-ATD,IAM,IBT,ALPA,PFAA,APFA,APA,etc.) to airline management.

Try telling that to the mortgage company. There are realities and for me FAMILY comes first before all things. If that makes me a bad man then so be it.

So if AFA had done the right thing at USAIR and walked out on strike, you would have scabbed? Hell, you're scabbing now by working for less and less. Many people in this industry have had to sell their homes because of all the concessions. Tell me Pineybob what's yoiur limit on taking concessions? How low are you willing to go?

I have no idea how low I will go because every year since 1968 my income has risen AND I don't have to pay union dues either.

As for "scabbing" as you call it, I have long been a critic of that type of behavior. I was with my Dad on the picket line when I was 8, so I know better.

I never have to worry about having to "Scab" since I do not work in an industry that is highly unionized. I have marketable skills in several fields so I DON'T NEED a UNION! Why would I join a union and pay dues to make less money? Please tell me that, you're so smart?

The best job security is marketable skills and a mercenary attitude.

BTW what is a concession? I've worked for 38 years now (counting jobs as a student from 13 on) and have NEVER taken a step backward. So I have no frame of reference. Don't blame me because YOU CHOSE to work in an industry like aviation. If you don't like your life CHANGE IT!

My guess is that the PFAA was established to get around the 2 year AFL-CIO raiding rule. I would also bet that there will be large signing bonuses for the "leadership" at PFAA once the deal with AFA is final. Just a thought based on years of union experience. That and the f/a's need for the "grass is always greener". Best of luck to all of you.