AFA Pres Perry Hayes Tells it like it is!

BTW,
Concerning Perry Hayes: I was told personally from the LGA Lec Pres. that while Perry may not be the favorite choice, he runs the MEC by parlimentary procedure. That was I was told . Word is that nothing could get done with all the yelling. Imagine that!

Stupid pretzel pushers, glorified waitress'' of the sky. What is your problem with FAA staffing? You are so settled in with overstaffing the planes for all of these years, that you forgot what it really takes to work like a normal F/A. The company did say that active employees should expect staffing reductions and work rule changes, did they not? This is what they are doing. If you don''t agree, then walk away...

We currently have 2 International Flights that don''t have lodo''s...Man and LGW and 2 more coming....Shannon and Dublin....

MLT said:

DCAFlyer,
Your comments are a dead give away!!!! Management posing as a flight attendant.

DCAflyer replies,

Sorry but not true. There are posters on this board who know me personally and can attest to that fact. But why do you say my comments are a dead giveaway. Because I don''t buy into everything the MEC says. I am proud of US Airways and especially its employees. I also don''t think we would still be in existence if WolfGang were still at the helm. As much as I don''t like what the employees have had to give up, cuts had to be made and Dave had some hard work to do. I do, however, now think he went too far. Be that as it may, I am grateful that the company still is around. I don''t believe, as some posters seem to, that the company has an endless pot of gold. In fact, we just started out with a clean slate, yet are $1 point however many billion in debt, still not making money and in fact losing money every day. Just because I am practical in my view of things doesn''t mean I''m management.

Some of these comments are way outta there. Hey I thought you had to be 18 or older to post? Hmmmm ! Piney, its not that they dont look at the complaints, but they arent what makes a change. Few too many people actually write a letter or lodge a complaint. Many in fact dont even notice the changes because most f/as work over time trying to take up the slack. I think time has shown the only thing mangement listens to at some point is the bad talk and publicity . I would say to management posing on here or LURKIN! Your only fanning the flames and if your are we need to find out and call for your resignation tonight!

USAirBoyA330 said:

DCAFlyer:
You beat me too it. THANK YOU and your 100% correct.

DCAflyer says: Thanks, and you''re welcome.

flyin2low smirked:

Stupid pretzel pushers, glorified waitress'' of the sky.

DCAflyer responds:

Let me tell you what a pretzel pusher does. A pretzel pusher gets on the aircraft 45 minuted before pushback (pushback being the time said pretzel pusher starts being paid) to make sure all safety equipment is present and functioning, that the aircraft is clean and presentable for our passengers, and that the cabin crew is properly briefed. A pretzel pusher then boards passengers onto the aircraft, looking at each and every one of them trying to guess if they might be a threat to passengers, crew, or company property. A pretzel pusher tries tactfully to remove a 400 pound passenger from the emergency exit row. A pretzel pusher tries to reseat passengers when there are duplicate, and sometimes triplicate seat assignment (with FAA minimum crew, it is illegal for a pretzel pusher to go down the jetway to get the gate agent to deal with the problem). A pretzel pusher tries to assure passengers that their bags will make it to their destinations and that the aircraft is safe (even though staffing for baggage handlers and mechanics has been reduced just like inflight). A pretzel pusher, while continuing to be unpaid, "helps" 80-year-old female passengers get 60 pound overstuffed bags into the overhead bin. A pretzel pusher continues to be unpaid when the aircraft sits on a gate hold for an extra 45 minutes, yet smiles all the while and deals with angry passengers.

Finally, after pushback, a pretzel pusher checks on each and every passenger, making sure their seatbelts are fastened, seatbacks are up, and bags are stowed. Then, the pretzel pushers take their jumpseats and mentaly review every possible sitiation which might go wrong on takeoff, where the nearest extits are, what commands might need to be shouted, and how to get 140 people out safely. The pretzel pushers get out of their jumpseats on initial climb to close bins that popped open on takeoff. Pretzel pushers can and perform CPR, operate a defribulator, and tend to an passenger who is injured with an impling object. Pretzel pushers comfort passengers who are afraid to fly and passengers who are flying to their child''s funeral. Pretzel pushers scour the forward and aft galleys for anything that a vegetarian passenger might be able to eat after the meal they requested weeks earlier didn''t make it onboard. Pretzel pushers offer diabetic passengers their own personal food so they don''t slip into a diabetic coma. Pretzel pushers try to assure pasengers on a late flight that they will make their connections. Pretzel pushers babysit families of four pre-teens in the back of the plane while Mom and Dad sit in the first class cabin boozing it up. Pretzel pushers try unsuccessfully to communicate with unaccompanied minors who don''t speak a syllable of English. On final approach, pretzel pushers once again check each and every passenger for seatbacks, belts, tray tables, and stowed items. Pretzel pushers try to keep their composure when asked by 20 passengers where they can catch their connecting flight... after we just spent five minutes anouncing the information.

After landing and taxiing, pretzel pushers (once again being unpaid, of course) smile at every passenger and thank them, even though they some of them were the biggest pains in the @ss to the entire cabin crew. Then, if a pretzel pusher is lucky, he might get 20 minutes to run into the terminal and grab a burrito, get back on the plane, and scarf it down before going through the entire scenario agasin.

Peanut pushers might have an 11 or 12 hour duty day, yet only be paid for four and a half.

So, flyn2low, when you don''t know what you are talking about (which I suspect is often) I would suggest that you peddle your insults elsewhere.

Stewart, With all do respect, lots of changes have occurred because frequent travelers have made their voices heard. Bad publicity is not the only answer. If we make our voices known, gain the sympathy of the elite status member...then YES they will listen. Don''t blindly put your faith in AFA-–I don''t. I wholeheartedly support the companys efforts to restructure and do what we need to do to survive, HOWEVER they are taking unfair of advantage of the situation. The membership must then take matters into their own hands. At this time, more than any other time in our co''s history , we need strong UNION leadership, not hotheads, but smart, wise decisions that will fairly benefit the F/A Group. The verdict is out on what our MEC will do. If they dont respond properly its time for a recall and let some better qualified reps do whats in the interest of the membership!!

Stewart, With all do respect, lots of changes have occurred because frequent travelers have made their voices heard. Bad publicity is not the only answer. If we make our voices known, gain the sympathy of the elite status member...then YES they will listen. Don''t blindly put your faith in AFA-–I don''t. I wholeheartedly support the companys efforts to restructure and do what we need to do to survive, HOWEVER they are taking unfair of advantage of the situation. The membership must then take matters into their own hands. At this time, more than any other time in our co''s history , we need strong UNION leadership, not hotheads, but smart, wise decisions that will fairly benefit the F/A Group. The verdict is out on what our MEC will do. If they dont respond properly its time for a recall and let some better qualified reps do whats in the interest of the membership!!

At this point and time a union under any leadership has their hands tied. When the company gets back on its feet and things return to normal then we can make things happen. AS for now all unions can do is fight for what they feel they resolved in each of their contracts. Im not anti company or union. I voted for restructure and hope it was enough because little is left to give. As for a recall? Please ! I have more important things to do than worry about tiffs and rumors. ((% of the stuff we hear are just that. RUMORS and SPIN!

Oh what a tangled web we weave. There''s a name for what''s going on, can''t say it because its socially unacceptable.

----------------
On 4/8/2003 9:03:05 PM usfliboi wrote:

At this point and time a union under any leadership has their hands tied. When the company gets back on its feet and things return to normal then we can make things happen. AS for now all unions can do is fight for what they feel they resolved in each of their contracts. Im not anti company or union. I voted for restructure and hope it was enough because little is left to give. As for a recall? Please ! I have more important things to do than worry about tiffs and rumors. ((% of the stuff we hear are just that. RUMORS and SPIN!

----------------​
----------------
On 4/8/2003 9:03:05 PM usfliboi wrote:

----------------​
LOLOL now now Stewart ur makin me laugh ..........HYSTERICALLY!!!!...Ur the biggest rumor starter at US...come on now Stewart, well all know its a f/a''s favorite past time...Be serious...thats what we are all doing on here....PEACE!

usflyboi said:

Some of these comments are way outta there. Hey I thought you had to be 18 or older to post? Hmmmm ! Piney, its not that they dont look at the complaints, but they arent what makes a change. Few too many people actually write a letter or lodge a complaint. Many in fact dont even notice the changes because most f/as work over time trying to take up the slack. I think time has shown the only thing mangement listens to at some point is the bad talk and publicity . I would say to management posing on here or LURKIN! Your only fanning the flames and if your are we need to find out and call for your resignation tonight!

DCAflyer responds:

Flyboi, I agree with most of your message. I feel that working flight attendants should refuse to work overtime, however, I see the need for them to work as many hours as they can given the drastic cuts. I feel that deadheading flight attendants should refuse to help crew with service until each and every involuntarilly-furloughed flight attendant is called back to work. When passengers aren''t getting served and they see crews in uniform sitting, maybe they will get the message that it''s time to contact CCY.

I respectfully disagree, once again, with your call for the resignation of any management members lurking the board. While I don''t like it, this is a free and open forum, and they have just as much a right to be here as you and I. In addition, it is not up to us to call for their resignation. They don''t work for labor. That''s just the way of the world... it''s called hierarchy. That''s why we (supposedly) have unions... to protect us.

How about this for a suggestion. Have crewmembers... cabin and f/d, wear multiple colored ribbons, each signifying a sacrifice, and have this be an industry standard:

A red ribbon in honor of our fallen camrades on 9/11; PLUS:

A bright blue ribbon in honor of all those hundred-thousand or so furloughed airline workers in America, PLUS:

A yellow ribbon for all those who had to take a second job to pay their mortgage and feed their kids; PLUS:

A green for those who had to file personal bankruptcy PLUS:

A purple ribbon for the starving crewmembers who don''t get crew meals any more but have longer duty periods and no duty rigs, PLUS:

BROWN for all the $h1t airline employees have to put up with these days.

Maybe this would get some attention and prompt people to write to headquarters. Oh wait a minute. All they care about is a cheap flight.

usfliboi,

This is an anonymous message board. I don't agree with most of the comments by the "so called" management members who people claim that are posting on this board. BUT, they have ever right to express their views. Some claim that DCAflyer is management, I know for a fact that this person IS NOT management. I am sure that there are many CCY managers who lurk on these boards and probably do it anonymously. So, your grass roots campaign isn't going anywhere. I don't want people trying to find out my identity and you shouldn't try to investigate others. Remember that this is a FREE COUNTRY and we are blessed with the ability of FREE SPEECH. Only in a communist country would someone try to prevent a person from expressing their views on an Internet message board. Your grass roots campaign will not work. There is no way to prove who is posting on this board.

Latest posts