AFA topic 9/6-9/26 title edited

Status
Not open for further replies.

fredy777

Jan 3, 2007
seriously guys can we do something so our worthless union could do something, in favor of reserves not just in favor of block/olders i mean block holders, like pilots did with alpha, please write something helpful, I am so over this AFA WORTHLESS UNION.

Edit....Since there was no AFA topic this will stand as the AFA labor thread..All AFA issues here.

I THINK THAT RSV F/A'S ARE SO SICK AND TIRED OF THE AFA "ACCEPTED" TIRANY, THAT WE SHOULD VOTE TO HAVE A RSV. F/A UNION (IF WE EVER NEEDED IT). I FOR ONE, BELIEVE THAT THE COMPANY DOES TREAT US BETTER THAN OUR WASTED MONEY, PAID TO THE AFA. WE RESERVE F/A , NEED A BETTER CONTRACT!. SEND YOUR IMPUT! IF WE DON'T SHARE OUR NEEDS, THE NEW CONTRACT WILL NEVER REFLECT OURS. SINCERELY.

seriously guys can we do something so our worthless union could do something, in favor of reserves not just in favor of block/olders i mean block holders, like pilots did with alpha, please write something helpful, I am so over this AFA WORTHLESS UNION

Generic rant or do you have something specific to complain about?

Generic rant or do you have something specific to complain about?
The LTO aspect is a deal killer and needs elimination. LTO should never have been implemented. As long as the company wants to keep hundreds of schedulers around, might as well go back to trips by seniority. At least, then, most of the reserves would get a semblance of a life, at little or no cost to the company.

The LTO aspect is a deal killer and needs elimination. LTO should never have been implemented. As long as the company wants to keep hundreds of schedulers around, might as well go back to trips by seniority. At least, then, most of the reserves would get a semblance of a life, at little or no cost to the company.

These are things that have been around for awhile and are being worked on in the combined contract - supposedly. There was an e-line put out awhile ago with updates on some specifics in a vague sort of way. There was speak of seniority the day prior (future), LTO the day of (Daily) and a "pool" the day of (No idea). I do not even want to know what a pool is. Also mentioned in the e-line was the dividing of the reserve duty day into 2 shifts. No mention of when the shifts would start or end (12 a.m. to 12 p.m. as an example). There was also talk of shifting to an LTO system after x amount of hours were flown as well. I was unimpressed and did not see any direct benefit to myself, a junior reserve, in anything the talked about. Anyway, the company will wait for the combined contract and I cannot see them willingly changing the reserve system to try and improve moral and quality of life for part of the FA work force and do nothing for the other part.

The way the original post was worded it was unclear if they had something happen to them to cause the rant.... or if it was just a generic rant.

Are reserves the only ones who post on this board? It would appear to me the sounding board for your frustrations need to go with the people who negotiate and not on this board. If you are unhappy with the way negotiations are going. Email MF and CA... Let them know how you feel. And when you are done... Email them again, and again and again...
Being frustrated with the contract is one thing, doing something about it is another. This discussion of the CBA and all of its mis-givings is old. Remember, you voted it in.... You said yes to the agreement....
Like everything in life you have to look what is important to you. The only base that voted the last contract down was PIT...
PIT no longer exists.. PIT had the foresight to look beyond what was just in front of them and looked to the future...
Being in a union gives you a voice. Whether you use that voice in a productive manner is entirely up to you.
This idea that I will vote FOR a contract because I would rather have a job than not is what the company banks on... Unless you have the balls to say NO, you have no reason to B**CH.
You must take responsibility for yourself, and that will transfer to others...
When the next CBA comes up for a vote... Think long and hard on it.... Your decission WILL influence the future....
It is entirely up to you...

Just my opinion...

One thing I will say is that Sarah Palin would have been eaten up by Teddy Xidas Love her or Hate her she put it out there .As far as the Flight Attendants wanting to change anything I will never see it in my career and trust me it is winding down .The magical moments that allow you on your death bed to say I did what I loved and my family knew that but my colleges were there when I took that last breathe. Very dramatic I would say but work any flight and #### just happens for absolutly no rhyme or reason. Bockholders, Reserves you both will never know your right hand from your left because your worlds really do not care about the other. You all literally have the walking dead syndrome and who can blame you not me. I too have walked the walk and heaving lost the two last elections nearly killed me and those around me. Life does go on so even though I do not care for the zorro's that post at USAviation I had to do a drive by and say addios. PS guys CarolAustin is not your enemy but at least you picked a Legend :D

seriously guys can we do something so our worthless union could do something, in favor of reserves not just in favor of block/olders i mean block holders, like pilots did with alpha, please write something helpful, I am so over this AFA WORTHLESS UNION.

One of the most educated, informed, eloquent, well informed posts/ topics on here. Keep up the good work.

Can we just do something with the contract period. I've been led to believe we negotiate to a specific point and add language to the effect of whatever the pilots get - whichever is better.
This drags on and on and on....

Does anyone that post gripes about AFA have any idea of what a union is? Its "organized labor." Does anyone know what that means? It means everyone is the "union." Every union member needs to do more then just pay dues. Do you carry your contract? Don't have one? You can get one from your crew service center in each base.

If you are unhappy with AFA, then get involved in your local. Go into the office volunteer your time to answer the phones. Join a committee to make a difference. Everyone has to work for the union for the union to work for everyone.

Your elected officers can only do so much, you need the support of your members to be able to stand up to company. Until you organize yourselves that will never happen. Management loves that fact that we are so disfunctional, it gives them all the bargaining power at the table.

I offered to work for free handling grievances and although I realized that some individuals would look at John as sleeping with the enemy. I thought that maybe this could also be looked as a great moment. I was told NO!!!!So if anyone out there needs me I can secretly help call me :D

Edit....Since there was no AFA topic this will stand as the AFA labor thread..All AFA issues here.

Ahh, how refreshing. Another hotheaded, uninformed flight attendant spewing forth, with no idea as to the status of negotiations, especially the reserve section and the statements the MEC has made as to what they will and will not accept in the TA. You make us all look great. :rolleyes:

Keep posting, and keep up the good work.

Your post is RUDE and should be removed. Why must you call blockholders old? some current reserves were hired in their 50's and are still on reserve. Do you have a childish name for them too?

Yes, Maude! :lol: :ph34r: :shock: :up:

So far as the contracts are concerned, I thought they were just doing the slow kansas city shuffle.

My solution is to throw the whole lot of us onto reserve and provide an alternating line/reserve month over month trade off. That way the pain is distributed equally. Doing this would get rid of some of those barnacles that are clinging hard to the ss usairways.

Somehow longevity = "it's still my turn" does not appear to be making too many people happy.

Just a thought.

Also, to remove the union...maybe. The main thing to consider at this point is that merger mania as well as airline folding oragami is not even close to being finished. So if we were to dump the union and then wind up with another airline that is in a union we may not be thrilled to be stapled. Remember the mantra often stated here: "After all we've been through...." well this boot the union may be our own undoing.

Status
Not open for further replies.