AFA Topic Week of 11/30 to 12/6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now we may be talking about something else. Is the company really "against" changing the current system for assigning trips? Perhaps their attitude is that what was negotiated (which resulted in the current system) is what they will have to live with until the next negotiations. They may be just as happy with a different system, as long as it doesn't result in additional costs.

That is different from saying it is actually cost effective for them to pay a reserve 73 hours for only working 43 or 53 hours.

I have mentioned this before here, although it has been awhile: If it is really true that all reserves are sitting around for significant numbers of hours below their guarantee each month, be careful what you wish for. If I were management, to me that means I have TOO MANY F/As, which means I would be looking at furloughing a bunch of you.

If you really want to push the envelope, make sure this is one outcome you are prepared for.

It runs in cycles, too many FAs in PHL in the winter and not enough on the Holiday's and summer. I think CLT is reversed, too many in the summer and not enough on the Holiday's and winter.

The company has zero reason to change the system that FAs don't like when they can and will use that information during the combined contract negociations.

It runs in cycles, too many FAs in PHL in the winter and not enough on the Holiday's and summer. I think CLT is reversed, too many in the summer and not enough on the Holiday's and winter.
So does this mean PHL F/As are NOT sitting around in summer doing nothing, and CLT F/As are NOT sitting around in winter doing nothing? Because by the posts here, it seems that all F/As are sitting around everywhere doing nothing year round.

If it is true that in winter there are too many F/As in PHL and too few F/As in CLT, and vice versa in summer, the solution just got a whole lot simpler.

So does this mean PHL F/As are NOT sitting around in summer doing nothing, and CLT F/As are NOT sitting around in winter doing nothing? Because by the posts here, it seems that all F/As are sitting around everywhere doing nothing year round.

If it is true that in winter there are too many F/As in PHL and too few F/As in CLT, and vice versa in summer, the solution just got a whole lot simpler.
Just go to screen 18 for CLT, there is always too many f/a's in CLT. As of today, below are the number in each LTO percentage.

35%-110
40%139
45%71
50%-22
55%-18
60%-10
65%-7
73+%-5

There are approx. 400 rsv's in CLT. Look at the average. It is pathetic. Pat Friend even said we have too many f/a's, bu they are not going to mention furlough. This is the same pattern each month. It doesn't really change much. Also, the people with the higher LTO's are COM people(Trainers and such). They get 5 hours per day.

Status
Not open for further replies.