AFW is sold!

B

bagsmasher

That''s the rumor folks. This time I''m believing it. They say UPS was the highest bidder. I hear they figured MCIE was a better value since there is $180 million in bond money for improvements to the base. This comes from someone who was reading a fax that wasn''t for them. If it turns out to be true, the sh*t is about to hit the fan. Almost everyone at AFW is system protected, and almost everyone at MCIE is not system protected. This will be good.

yes this would be a interesting. with the arbitrator giving mci there full seniority. i like to see how this works out.

No protection at MCIE, but they do have 100% seniority!

Undoubtedly this will go back to Kasher and he will rule in TWALLCers favor again.

Working for UPS might be the way to go. No fickle passengers keeping fares so low they will only pay $139.00 round trip NYCLAX. Packages don't complain!

I, too, tend to believe this one as AA will systematically begin to make these major changes forcing the TWU to give in to their demands!

Bags,

As far as the system protection goes...just wait till the first bomb drops and AA declares a "national war emergency" thereby waiving System and Station Protections; No 12,500 for the moving allowance; and, No Severance.

The last time they used the "national war emergency", the didn't pay the $12,500, but they did pay severance, and moving expenses. If I were at AFW and this happened, I would use my "system protection" to bump out a non-protected employee. We only have 1 year left on this contract, and you never know what will happen after that.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 2/5/2003 10:12:42 PM bagsmasher wrote:

That's the rumor folks. This time I'm believing it. They say UPS was the highest bidder. I hear they figured MCIE was a better value since there is $180 million in bond money for improvements to the base. This comes from someone who was reading a fax that wasn't for them. If it turns out to be true, the sh*t is about to hit the fan. Almost everyone at AFW is system protected, and almost everyone at MCIE is not system protected. This will be good.
----------------
[/blockquote]

Sold? I didn't think it was ever even bought. Isn't AFW a sweet heart lease deal with the Perot family?
For that matter, AA doesn't even own TULE M&E Center. It belongs to the Tulsa International Airport Authority. What entity owns MCI?

The City of Kansas City owns the overhaul base, an leases it to AMR for next to nothing. But I believe AMR paid for AFW, unless they were reimbursed for their expenses. The City of Kansas City has somewhere around $180 million that was raised by bond issues for improvements to the facility. I heard that AMR has to pay for the upgrades, then are reimbursed by the city.