Differences between AA and WN

Yep. I know that from experience.

At the same time, not every supervisor, manager, director, or VP is a greedy narcissist who could care less about employees. Yet, that's the way they've been broad brushed by >90% of the forum participants here.

Broad strokes work both ways.

Oh, so two wrongs make a right

Reagrding non working flight attendants getting up to work. At AA we arent to get up, nor am I to assist with an evac unless asked, even on the jump seat, this AA policy.
which gets to the heart of the matter... AA has created an environment where employees other than assigned to a specific task in a specific location are not supposed to help each other.
Some of the actions of the pilots in making one call for maintenance one time or waiting for their bags to be delivered and now go planeside to look for them doesn't seem out of place in the slightest given that environment... yet the question remains why WN can create a culture where that type of thing is acceptable and AA cannot.
The real answer is a difference in corporate culture.

By the way, in 32 years of flying I never asked nor expected help from a non working employee. DHing f/as could actually be blowing legalities by working. I had 2 separate files with over 350 commendations so I think my customer service was pretty good. Flights should be staffed properly so that PAID crew can get the service done...period.
yep, it is a difference of culture - and the results impact the customer, as well as fellow employees.

except we all recognize, as Kev noted, that there are exceptions. An emergency landing in the middle of a transcon dinner service would require all hands possible....
What happens when and if a non-rev is helping in flight and they get hurt?

I will tell you, they are SOL is what is gonna happen.
again, obviously answered by corporate culture - or at least it isn't something WN employees worry about or had reason to doubt that mgmt would cover their backs....