Latest Gofares Cities...

BoeingBoy

Veteran
Nov 9, 2003
US Airways Adds Five New Philadelphia GoFares Markets
Wednesday August 11, 5:00 am ET

ARLINGTON, Va., Aug. 11 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- US Airways® today expanded its low, simplified GoFares® pricing in Philadelphia with the addition of Fort Myers and Sarasota, Fla., Milwaukee, Wis., Myrtle Beach, S.C., and Savannah, Ga., available for purchase immediately.

Press Release

US Airways Unveils 11 New Washington GoFares Markets
Wednesday August 11, 5:00 am ET

ARLINGTON, Va., Aug. 11 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- US Airways® today announced the addition of 11 destinations to its Washington GoFares®, increasing the breadth of its low, simplified pricing structure in the nation's capital by nearly 40 percent.

Press Release

Jim

USAir757 said:
Well that should be good news to ELP WN Psgr - and any other Wn travelers - they're all non-WN cities.... as requested. :shock:
[post="167530"][/post]​

Actually, I'd think it's a lot better news to US Airways' passengers -- and hopefully to US Airways, too, if they get the revenue management part right. It's more lucrative to fly a PHL passenger to RSW at a GoFare than it is to connect a BUF passenger to RSW, via PHL, at a fare that's offered to match jetBlue.

And I'm shocked they haven't announced GoFares to BDL and JAX, even though they're matching WN to those cities from PHL as of October 31.

If I were running the show (which I'm not), I'd try out GoFares on some of the shorter routes where WN isn't offering service, but might in the future -- to places like CMH, CLE, ORF, BUF, ALB, SDF -- or on routes where they offer really inconvenient connections (i.e. IND, DTW, BHM, etc.). See how the traffic increases even without Southwest to cause a "Southwest Effect" and you'll probably keep them out of those markets, too -- so you can keep your restructured fares somewhat higher, on the order of 10% to 25% higher than what WN would charge. This is basically Independence's strategy.

Latest posts