Aircraft maint issues

I know my first quote about him dodging was a little harsh, but my God, I am following Ima too as I have family in Orlando and I told them also that they are dumb if they try to wait it out. Get out people, things and items are replaceable people and lives are not. "Don't let this be your Catrina!!!"

19 MILLION people in Florida. "Run Forrest, Run"

What are you kidding man?

IMG_3094.PNG

Time for pilots to march with Mechanics in MIA.
This outsourcing is ridiculous. It is bad for everyone.
Parker needs to stand by his US AA mechanics and bring the work back in house.

Looks like you have at least one friend among the pilots.

At least you guys have dates set. We don't, and the next available (not scheduled) is late Nov. or Dec. for us. Might as well say next year will be our next meeting with all the holidays coming up.
Yet we don't question AMFA more, I don't hear the cheerleaders anymore, I think they realize we are not any different from any other airline, and AMFA is not the magic bullet some people think they are.It's easy to come in someone else's backyard and criticize their union with their management team, and ours in reality is no more effective than what they have !

The simple fact is the unions no longer have the leverage they once had. It has also become more of a business than a protector of the blue collar worker. There is a reason union membership has been dropping. If the Supreme Court does indeed take up the case about the legality of forcing an individual to pay union dues in return for representation, then it may be "Katy bar the door"...

The simple fact is the unions no longer have the leverage they once had. It has also become more of a business than a protector of the blue collar worker. There is a reason union membership has been dropping. If the Supreme Court does indeed take up the case about the legality of forcing an individual to pay union dues in return for representation, then it may be "Katy bar the door"...
I have always said what we have is a business arrangement and it wouldn't matter who we have AMFA, TWU, IAM, Teamsters, they are a business just like SWA or American, I wish you guys luck !

Yet we don't question AMFA more, I don't hear the cheerleaders anymore, I think they realize we are not any different from any other airline, and AMFA is not the magic bullet some people think they are.It's easy to come in someone else's backyard and criticize their union with their management team, and ours in reality is no more effective than what they have !

You have me confused? Surely someone that appears to be of higher intelligence realizes that the difference between a representive such as AMFA and the TWU is obvious. The TWU or the IAM are representitives for Industrial Unionism and AMFA a representitive for one type of craft.

You have me confused? Surely someone that appears to be of higher intelligence realizes that the difference between a representive such as AMFA and the TWU is obvious. The TWU or the IAM are representitives for Industrial Unionism and AMFA a representitive for one type of craft.
Buck I think the issue is they are both international multi employer UNIONs. I have always said and continue to say the best option is a UNION of ONLY American Airlines employees.

What we have is no more affective than what you have at American, when you have our management team that wants to pay us well in exchange for scope changes, and until we come to an agreement we will be sitting at our current wages since 2012, just see who will blink first , so it my eyes it's really no different than you guys trying to get a contract, regardless what Swamt tells you guys, that is our reality at SWA !

I know most will disagree but it is a fact that mechanics would be better off and have happier, more fulfilling careers with all kind of options if the industry was not unionized.

I know most will disagree but it is a fact that mechanics would be better off and have happier, more fulfilling careers with all kind of options if the industry was not unionized.
Maybe so.

It's hard to say.

Mechanics would definitely have more options if they were not "seniority locked" that is for sure. The company might sing a different tune if they knew the mechanics would walk out on them in an instant and go work for a competitor offering better wages and benefits.

Then again they might outsource and the MRO's would do what many factories are doing now, using temp services to hire cheap illegal labor.

If you can think of a third scenario please share.

Maybe so.

It's hard to say.

Mechanics would definitely have more options if they were not "seniority locked" that is for sure. The company might sing a different tune if they knew the mechanics would walk out on them in an instant and go work for a competitor offering better wages and benefits.

Then again they might outsource and the MRO's would do what many factories are doing now, using temp services to hire cheap illegal labor.

If you can think of a third scenario please share.
The third scenario would be what we have right now that few want to admit a business arrangement between the unions and management, the unions make money and the airlines make money, I can see where they will eventually change the labor laws where you cannot strike and they can't lock you out, and you end up with just arbitration, because businesses and unions will get the laws changed, and then it will be like when the Airlines were regulated again, and the only way they kept customers was on service only! So then it will be with the unions only the large industrial ones will survive that have money, the little unions like AMFA will go by the wayside, just like Wal mart did to the mom and pop shops, and it will be strictly a business arrangement !

Back