Aircraft maint issues

We were told of 30 AMT openings coming up at DFW. Anyone else hear this?

Rumor is there might be a new crew starting at DFW. There's all those new pads they just built by D terminal perfect for a new junk crew.
This is good news right? Added headcount at DFW? Good for the masses to spread their wings that are still out there from the last rif trying to get back home. Good luck guys hope some are successful in getting back home finally.

This is good news right? Added headcount at DFW? Good for the masses to spread their wings that are still out there from the last rif trying to get back home. Good luck guys hope some are successful in getting back home finally.

IF the openings materialize they will be filled mostly from the guys at DWH fleeing a sinking ship.

I know in Philadelphia they have hired numerous mechanics recently. I can’t always figure out why? When we keep hearing the company wants to out source more maintenance jobs!

One angle is you hire new employees at starting salary and offer buyouts to top pay guys. Then you negotiate a deal where new hires from a certain date don't get certain benefits as the senior guys still on the payroll. It a win win for the unions and company. Dues continue, company pays less and still maintains required head count.

I heard 60.
Regardless of how many that screws over guys trying to get back to DFW on the AA side. The Association should force the company to honor the transfer before hiring off the street. Unions are suppose to protect jobs and benefits.

Regardless of how many that screws over guys trying to get back to DFW on the AA side. The Association should force the company to honor the transfer before hiring off the street. Unions are suppose to protect jobs and benefits.
We don't have a union, we have an ASSoication.

Back