Aircraft maint issues

You really should get over yourself. Crush my opinion, with what?

Here you go, Russ wrote this a few years back, and did a very good job explaining the situation AMTs find themselves stuck in today. Copy & paste this:
file:///D:/Users/PC_USER/Downloads/446-748-1-PB.pdf

Sorry Vort you’re right it wasn’t exactly the most civilized way to put that.

I put your link in my browser and couldn’t get anything to come up? file:///D:/Users/PC_USER/Downloads/446-748-1-PB.pdf

And don’t get me wrong I do understand that putting others into the classification “would” water down the statistics to classify just AMT’s alone. But isn’t that also why you earn License Premiums to make up for what’s in the baseline?

You do also realize that all in you earn more than the stats say is the top 90 percentile too. (So do I BTW for my group)

At American, safety is our number one priority and is always at the forefront of all that we do.

American operates 304 Boeing 737-800 aircraft and we have identified an issue with the quality of work conducted on overhead bins on two of these Boeing 737-800 aircraft. The interiors on these aircraft were recently updated by a long-time FAA-licensed vendor.

After further inspection by American, the work that was conducted on these two aircraft was not up to our standards. Out of an abundance of caution, we have proactively removed from service the additional 12 aircraft that were updated by this vendor and have notified the FAA. We will perform additional inspection work on these 14 aircraft. Though the issue did not impact the safety of flight of these aircraft, we are working with our vendor and the FAA to immediately address this issue.

We never want to disrupt our customers’ travel plans, and we are sorry for the trouble this has caused. Our team has rebooked all customers that were impacted by nearly 40 flight cancellations thus far and will continue to work proactively to get our customers to their final destination.

https://viewfromthewing.boardingare...r-737s-have-been-grounded-due-to-faulty-work/

Last edited:
Sorry Vort you’re right it wasn’t exactly the most civilized way to put that.

I put your link in my browser and couldn’t get anything to come up? file:///D:/Users/PC_USER/Downloads/446-748-1-PB.pdf

And don’t get me wrong I do understand that putting others into the classification “would” water down the statistics to classify just AMT’s alone. But isn’t that also why you earn License Premiums to make up for what’s in the baseline?

You do also realize that all in you earn more than the stats say is the top 90 percentile too. (So do I BTW for my group)

It works when I try it. One more time.

It works when I try it. One more time.

792466C5-7952-4E0B-8CC5-82F691DC4A07.png

At American, safety is our number one priority and is always at the forefront of all that we do.

American operates 304 Boeing 737-800 aircraft and we have identified an issue with the quality of work conducted on overhead bins on two of these Boeing 737-800 aircraft. The interiors on these aircraft were recently updated by a long-time FAA-licensed vendor.

After further inspection by American, the work that was conducted on these two aircraft was not up to our standards. Out of an abundance of caution, we have proactively removed from service the additional 12 aircraft that were updated by this vendor and have notified the FAA. We will perform additional inspection work on these 14 aircraft. Though the issue did not impact the safety of flight of these aircraft, we are working with our vendor and the FAA to immediately address this issue.

We never want to disrupt our customers’ travel plans, and we are sorry for the trouble this has caused. Our team has rebooked all customers that were impacted by nearly 40 flight cancellations thus far and will continue to work proactively to get our customers to their final destination.

https://viewfromthewing.boardingare...r-737s-have-been-grounded-due-to-faulty-work/

The Union really needs to run with this. Its perfect to highlight the outsourcing issue. When I checked ASOM last night 3EK had 678 open items. All related to the vendors sloppy and unsafe work.

I swear I’m not trying to crush your opinion but again I think the narrative behind what you’re thinking is just a little out there. It’s not quite in the conspiracy realm of the Moon landing being staged but just on my common sense meter alone this one registers off the charts.

If these Airlines really wanted to water you guys down like you say they would have included us Baggage Handlers in there as well.

And again what year was the first BLS statistic for your skilled trade released?

Yes we wouldn't want the NMB to include Baggage Handlers, when the Association negotiates for the Mechanics with Fleet Service in mind.

Yes we wouldn't want the NMB to include Baggage Handlers, when the Association negotiates for the Mechanics with Fleet Service in mind.

Yes we wouldn’t want the NMB to include Mechanics, when the Association negotiates for the Fleet Service with Mechanics in mind.

Do you get a personal Woody from wanting to keep us divided?

Yes we wouldn’t want the NMB to include Mechanics when the Association negotiates for the Fleet Service with Mechanics in mind.

Do you get a personal Woody from wanting to keep us divided?

What is wrong with negotiating separately and not settling until both groups are ready? Do you get a personal Woody by keeping the mechanics with Fleet Service?

What is wrong with negotiating separately and not settling until both groups are ready? Do you get a personal Woody by keeping the mechanics with Fleet Service?

Stop thinking you’re so special. You really aren’t in the grand scheme of things. We BOTH have issues that the Company is so far not moving on so it’s them who are “keeping” us together.

For 90% of the Negotiations your Group and my Group were negotiating separately (How many times does this need to be repeated)

Right now they are at a point where it’s up to the NMB when everyone gets together what group or issue is going to be discussed. They’re driving the bus, flying the plane, sailing the ship, Etc.

Most issues are done except basically how many jobs we are going to own moving forward.

They aren’t sitting in a room pushing papers back and forth either. It doesn’t sound to me right now as if there has been much movement on either side to really speak of.

Have you ever taken the time maybe to go and sit down with Dale and ask him how the process has worked since day one and exactly how it’s working now?

They always claim safety is the number one objective....at least when the statement is made publicly or in front of a camera. Everything I see in the company communications is let with 'on time performance' or to 'reduce OTS'.

My opinion, they are big-dealing this to piggyback on SWA's headline news and try to find sympathy from the public to support them.

They always claim safety is the number one objective....at least when the statement is made publicly or in front of a camera. Everything I see in the company communications is let with 'on time performance' or to 'reduce OTS'.

My opinion, they are big-dealing this to piggyback on SWA's headline news and try to find sympathy from the public to support them.

If one of those overhead bins fell on your kids head, I'd bet you would think it's a big deal then.

At UA we feel going from mechanic to supervisor would be a step down. Company is hiring maint supervisors off the street.

To you SWA guys, how is management treating you? Are they watching you closely being more disciplineary with you etc ....

Or is it like AA, where we feel sorry for members of management?

I have never worked at a company where nobody wants to work their way up the corporate ladder. Not even to be a Crew Chief. Especially since you lose your seniority.

Yes but the fact that Delta treats their guys decent doesnt mean AA or UA would without the unions. I know at UA if we didnt have the union we would probably be making 30 dollars an hour.

Funny how non-Union AMTs are setting the pace. I thought it was supposed to be the other way around. AMTs of AA and UA will never catch DL. Neither will SWA for that matter.

Back