Aircraft maint issues

Because the TWU is Sito's biatch!!
Correction! The TWU is the IAM's BIATCH!!!

At least you have a local to go to and vote. The line stations with the exception of DFW have yet to figure out how and where we can cast our votes. 19 days from this posting and we have no details on how and where the vote will be conducted.
Totally unacceptable but that's the dysfunctional association at work for its union members.
You know, it's pretty pathetic how the TWU side allowed the IAM way of voting get done. The TWU should have said, "no way in hell will we support a one day vote." "The TWU has always done electronic by phone and by internet as well as by paper ballot and we will do the same on this vote." Why not? They are still running as two separate unions, so why not two different voting processes? It is just beyond me how much the IAM gets their way every single time since the combination. The TWU has not had their way one single time so far, not once, and why is that? Imagine just how this new contract will look when they get it done. Very heavily leaning towards the IAM way of doing things, including the seniority way of doing things. This crap will never stop, just like the infighting will never stop and for these reasons there will always be long awaited contracts due to the indifference and infighting within these two total different unions. Had Enough Yet???

Correction! The TWU is the IAM's BIATCH!!!

You know, it's pretty pathetic how the TWU side allowed the IAM way of voting get done. The TWU should have said, "no way in hell will we support a one day vote." "The TWU has always done electronic by phone and by internet as well as by paper ballot and we will do the same on this vote." Why not? They are still running as two separate unions, so why not two different voting processes? It is just beyond me how much the IAM gets their way every single time since the combination. The TWU has not had their way one single time so far, not once, and why is that? Imagine just how this new contract will look when they get it done. Very heavily leaning towards the IAM way of doing things, including the seniority way of doing things. This crap will never stop, just like the infighting will never stop and for these reasons there will always be long awaited contracts due to the indifference and infighting within these two total different unions. Had Enough Yet???
I believe they want full control of the voting and want it done fast. No oversight. No accountability. No legitimate excuses will be tolerated if you can't show up to vote. Did I leave anything else out?

Reactions: swamt
A question for the A/C Mechanics.
Below I added language from the "highlight booklet".
Wasn't this % number at 35% to be outsourced measured by billable hours before this agreement?
Now it's at 50%?
I thought this union said they were fighting tooth and nail to keep scope left alone??
Maybe I am reading it wrong?
Just curious though.
Anything change big time other than this outsourcing % increasing?

• Base Maintenance: will perform at least 50% of aircraft overhaul as measured by billable hours;

Ok guys I don't like rumors but one of the guys at work had some information regarding the $6,000 signing bonus. Supposedly Gary Peterson will have an agreement letter signed from both parties regarding the bonus. If anyone heard this or has factual info please share. This lack of important information that was conveniently left out of the T/A is quite upsetting to many that I've talked too.

Reactions: swamt
Ok guys I don't like rumors but one of the guys at work had some information regarding the $6,000 signing bonus. Supposedly Gary Peterson will have an agreement letter signed from both parties regarding the bonus. If anyone heard this or has factual info please share. This lack of important information that was conveniently left out of the T/A is quite upsetting to many that I've talked too.

Isn't that "Top Secret Ultra" information?

Me, I am glad that any of my bonus funds are being used on the permanent injunction...

He'd be an even bigger fool then I thought not to get that shite in writing. Anyone hazard a guess as to what the total value is? A signed LOM or something thats been run through the attorneys is required, thats just common freakin knowledge.

I think sometimes they read these boards to figure wtf they supposed to be doing.

He'd be an even bigger fool then I thought not to get that shite in writing. Anyone hazard a guess as to what the total value is? A signed LOM or something thats been run through the attorneys is required, thats just common freakin knowledge.

I think sometimes they read these boards to figure wtf they supposed to be doing.
They sure do.

Remember the alleged "Job Action" and all the OTS aircraft last summer.

A new maintenance training bulletin put out today gives the real reason.

Screen Shot 2020-03-12 at 5.25.48 PM.png

I will say at least now, most will be able to vote. AND they will be able to vote at all hours day and night so no one will have to change their schedules just in order to send in a vote. They also increased the timeframe to vote too. From around 8-12 hours to 36 plus hours. Still don't agree with the short, short time period but it is better than what they were gonna do before for sure.
As soon as you guys get your results and the new contract, send in the rest of the cards to trigger a vote for new representation. We all know this offer will pass now with all the current issues in the industry. Hopefully all airlines can get thru this tough time and move on rather quickly.

TWU.IAM_.logo2_-1024x425.jpg

Due to worsening circumstances surrounding the Coronavirus crisis in the United States, the TWU/IAM Association leadership has been working on an alternate method, in the voting procedures, for the ratification of the tentative Joint Collective Bargaining Agreements with American Airlines. This exception to the normal voting process will convert the process from paper, in-person ballots, to allow for individual electronic voting by internet. This change will allow all eligible voters to cast a ballot in an environment they feel is safe and free from the threat of spreading the virus or becoming infected by it. Your safety is our top priority in this process.

The Association will utilize the same vendor for the process that is used by the National Mediation Board in their electronic representation elections, BALLOTPOINT.

BALLOTPOINT will issue each voter a Personal Identification Number (PIN) by USPS to their address on file with American Airlines. This mailing will include instructions of how each voter will use the BALLOTPOINT portal to vote.

BALLOTPOINT is also going to send an email to each voter’s American Airlines email account. Within that email will be a link with the same Access Code sent by mail, along with voting instructions. A voter may sign on to their American Airlines email through JetNet on the day of the vote, open the BALLOTPOINT email, click on the link and be logged in to the secure portal to cast their ballot.

The email is being sent in case the PIN and voting instructions do not arrive by regular mail in time for to vote.

Voting will be conducted beginning at 6:00 am Eastern, Wednesday, March 25th and will conclude at 8:00 pm Eastern, on Thursday, March 26th.

This voting method is private and secure. Results of the vote will be provided to Association leadership promptly after the polls close and results will then be provided to our membership.

If you have any questions, please address them to your local union representatives.

A good choice using BallotPoint.
Lookie there, I just gave a compliment to the asso. doing something right. Not hard to do when they keep copying AMFA's way of doing things. But it does say a lot. :)

Remember the alleged "Job Action" and all the OTS aircraft last summer.

A new maintenance training bulletin put out today gives the real reason.

View attachment 15128

Yes keep telling yourself that! The data was across the board bad for all fleets and it miraculously ceased the day after the injunction! And we continuously look to improve the systems and TS and training on all fleet and all systems all the time. The bulletin is meaningless to your point.

Today is the last day that we will be working with our BK CBA on the AA TWU side. It will be one year and 198 days since it was amendable. That's a big chunk of retro pay that the Association failed to secure the title 1 and title 2 guys. Instead we get a signing bonus of $6,000. I'm too pissed to do the math to see how much retro we would have received if the association did their job on the retro issue. I'm sure it is more than $6,000. Now we move forward into another agreement and hopefully we can remove the one size catch all dysfunctional association for good.