Aircraft maint issues

I`m cautiously optimistic about the turnout for July 26th. The addition of high definition rolling bulletin board is a nice touch. I`m off that day and plan on spending the entire day either walking the line or helping out anyway I can. I feel if we are going to cry and complain about the pace of negotiations. We dang well better show up and put our money where our mouth is.
You know we are an association combined of two unions. Why is the IAM not joining in on the pickets? Why is the IAM not banging the drum like we are at the TWU? This is the problem. The IAM does not care about us on the TWU side. They must be happy with the way negotiations are progressing. Unless the IAM joins in as one with the TWU the company won't take us serious. We look like the cry babies of the Association.
We are an association, aren't we? This is a perfect example why unions no longer have solidarity. Personal agendas and the IGM mentality.

You know we are an association combined of two unions. Why is the IAM not joining in on the pickets? Why is the IAM not banging the drum like we are at the TWU? This is the problem. The IAM does not care about us on the TWU side. They must be happy with the way negotiations are progressing. Unless the IAM joins in as one with the TWU the company won't take us serious. We look like the cry babies of the Association.
We are an association, aren't we? This is a perfect example why unions no longer have solidarity. Personal agendas and the IGM mentality.

It's a painfully glaring example of the association's dysfunction! The IAM is satisfied, we are not. They are willing to drag their feet. We are standing on the gas!

You guys do not get it do you.
The deal is done, more money a little bit of retro on holidays missed and job protection regardless of outsourcing ( probably a round number of protected not replacing retired folks). compromise on health benefits with the legacy usair folks.
The twu members will never unite enough to do anything just look at the past it usually repeats.
Soto and Parker are drinking buddies.

You guys do not get it do you.
The deal is done, more money a little bit of retro on holidays missed and job protection regardless of outsourcing ( probably a round number of protected not replacing retired folks). compromise on health benefits with the legacy usair folks.
The twu members will never unite enough to do anything just look at the past it usually repeats.
Soto and Parker are drinking buddies.
USAIR guys are happy and the AA guys are crying. Yet we do nothing about it.
We at AA have the numbers to make changes but we are so splintered up we keep screwing ourselves and expect miracles from the TWU time and time again. Now we have the Association and the IAM laughing at us like the fools we are for not getting off our butts to help ourselves. It's never going to stop. Let's see if the TWU membership will finally do something when the Association slides the IAMPF through the back door.

We at AA have the numbers to make changes but we are so splintered up we keep screwing ourselves and expect miracles from the TWU time and time again. Now we have the Association and the IAM laughing at us like the fools we are for not getting off our butts to help ourselves. It's never going to stop. Let's see if the TWU membership will finally do something when the Association slides the IAMPF through the back door.
My fear is they'll do nothing. Today in Tulsa the company provided cake and ice cream for the grand opening of all the new break rooms. They did not provide eating utensils though so as the guys lined up someone noticed there was no plastic wear. A guy in my shop had a bunch of it so he donated it to the cause. I had no intention of eating anything those hypocrites provide and I told the guy I was disappointed in him for helping out. I told him someone in management would have had to jump through their a$$ to find forks and spoons and he let them off the hook. Now the propaganda piece on jetnet will portray a nice act by the company and grateful employees. These guys make me sick.... Oh yeah, a couple of guys who cried the loudest when they took our shop break area away were chowing down. They just don't get it and they never will. I personally would rather have Memorial Day off instead so I am not going to settle for a piece of cake and some ice cream.

Yup your right. We just don't get it. As I set here listing to one of my coworkers bragging about how much overtime he is working. He is all about himself. I really wish everybody would turn down the overtime until the contract is finished. Buy the way this guy is the station union yep. Makes me want to walk over to him and dot his eye

BTW, we don't need a JCBA to get the same thing the USAIR guys already have that the same company is giving them. If AA wanted they can give us the same thing just like the pay bump. We can pressure our union to get parity on vacations, holidays and overtime pay rates and so on. We should be negotiating with both groups pretty much the same. Why should we AA'ers give up something that the USAIR guys already have? This Association is so screwed up that they lost track of what the hell they are suppose to be negotiating for. The dues keep flowing to both unions and the AFL-CIO. We just sit back and ask for a contract. We don't even have a clue what's going on at the negotiations table. Those dumb ass weekly updates are worthless.

This is exactly what I was talking about when I see something huge coming out in the JCBA. The huge part that I am talking about is something will come out that was secretly nego or that will be forced on to you guys in one form or another. Typical with these industrial unions, they just can't seem to stop their old ways.

IMG-20170718-WA0001.jpg
IMG-20170718-WA0000.jpg

My fear is they'll do nothing. Today in Tulsa the company provided cake and ice cream for the grand opening of all the new break rooms.
Are you going to reject everything the company does for it's employees out of spite?

You know American Airlines did things like that BEFORE the contract negotiations as well.

I know I am going to get flamed on here for saying something unpopular but, don't let being angry at the lack of contract make everyday you go to work unhappy, spiteful, and stressful.

Are you going to reject everything the company does for it's employees out of spite?

You know American Airlines did things like that BEFORE the contract negotiations as well.

I know I am going to get flamed on here for saying something unpopular but, don't let being angry at the lack of contract make everyday you go to work unhappy, spiteful, and stressful.
IT's completely different now from when you were here. They use Jetnet to push all this propaganda and give the rest of the airline the impression that everyone is very happy. The meal on AMT Day was a prime example. They had planned on loading Jetnet up with pictures of AMTs happily eating the meals. If we give them those opportunities they will use them against us. Yes I will reject everything they offer until they do what they promised and give us our ILC.

Lack of contract? Uhhh, last time I checked there is a contract between the TWU and American Airlines which becomes amendable September 12th, 2018. I'll take two scoops of that wonderful tasting association with sprinkles on top.

Back