Aircraft maint issues

And I hope on his agenda is taking a good look at the association we are in. It is causing too much dissension in Acft Mx. In my opinion it needs to be abolished so that we can have unity at the New AA.

If he could make that happen he would definitely have my utmost respect.

He had nothing to do with that and at the time there’s no way if he had been President he would have went along with it. As a matter of fact there’s an Article out there that quotes him on the weakness of Jim Little and the IBT, IAM and CWA issues I’ve posted on here before. He publicly expressed his disdain for Little and Little did strike back.

And I know you don’t like it and you have good reasons but I don’t think the Association is going anywhere even if either Union wanted it to?

What I want to know is when us the iam stepping up? They need a personal invitation? If they are laying low because they don't want to lose, they are doing everything in the game plan to ensure they lose. When this is said and then it will get real interesting, just sit back and enjoy the ride iam....just sit back and relax.

If Gary Peterson is right the Negotiations may be almost over and the IAM not joining the Nationwide protesting isn’t going to matter anymore.

So does that mean once you guys have a joint agreement, the IAM goes away?

No. They still represent their portion of the workgroup under the CBA. What I meant was that we’ll be under contracts and people won’t care about which Union is where anymore.

We won’t get back into all of this until the next Negotiations in 5 or so years.

PEMCO in Dothan Alabama had the IAM there at one time. The difference between American Delta and Southwest , all of our maintenance is cost. You guys at least perform maintenance for other airlines. So you guys produce a profit.
American use to have a pretty large MRO side but Doug is..... American's CEO is a living in the 1990s compete idiot. basically.

United also has a fairly large MRO side, very well respected Pratt 2000 and Pratt 4000 engine shops. They are also being run by now stuck in the 1990s idiots.

I have my issues with Delta management but at least they are smart enough to do MRO work.
Guess you don’t know the whole case now do you?

It happened only in SEA, the IAM took it too arbitration and won.

The laid off employees received a monetary settlement.

Here you go mr smug.

https://www.seattletimes.com/busine...contract-when-it-outsourced-baggage-handling/
Lets see. Airline employees get fired for a vendor that cost the same.... they "win" by getting paid a small payout from the company and still don't have a job......and it took 3 years.

Yep. Winning, winning indeed.

And people are confused why labor is still getting kicked in the teeth even in times of record profits. Its because the industrial union apologist aren't smart enough to know that "winning" like they did at Alaska is just "winning" for management.

Let me know when the IAM gets those jobs back. Oh wait, they are too busy trying to organize McGee now.

Reactions: swamt
So does that mean once you guys have a joint agreement, the IAM goes away?

No I believe they are here to stay unless an attempt is made to remove them. They should not have ever been here in the first place as the TWU was the larger of the two. One guess was that it was the only way to protect their nearly defunct pension, which has already been to the PBGC. Some claims of its's health will be thrown my way, but the Actuarial Value ( the value of it's potential value by CPA's and the Credit Houses. However in 2012 Credit Suisse research saw that the Fair Value of pensions or that which reality comes to bear, inflation or a bad economy or even false hope that may cause financial distress. In 2010 while the IAM Pensioin Fund showed in the Green ( 108% funded ) for the Actuarial Value but in the Red for the Fair Value at ( 57.5% funded ) If the Association can convince enough to become members to shore up the fund and it may be in the Green today, but it does offer the question of what's ahead. I believe a large percent of LAA will never vote for this pension and therefore I see no need for the Association nor the IAM. After all they are refusing to support the TWU in gaining a contract. IGM

American use to have a pretty large MRO side but Doug is..... American's CEO is a living in the 1990s compete idiot. basically.

United also has a fairly large MRO side, very well respected Pratt 2000 and Pratt 4000 engine shops. They are also being run by now stuck in the 1990s idiots.

I have my issues with Delta management but at least they are smart enough to do MRO work.

Lets see. Airline employees get fired for a vendor that cost the same.... they "win" by getting paid a small payout from the company and still don't have a job......and it took 3 years.

Yep. Winning, winning indeed.

And people are confused why labor is still getting kicked in the teeth even in times of record profits. Its because the industrial union apologist aren't smart enough to know that "winning" like they did at Alaska is just "winning" for management.

Let me know when the IAM gets those jobs back. Oh wait, they are too busy trying to organize McGee now.

Even though this is very far off from what this thread is supposed to be about, this is the rest of the story.

https://www.seattletimes.com/busine...s-baggage-handlers-at-sea-tac-get-an-upgrade/

Reactions: Tom Talbert 1888
I would not want to hurt your feelings, but I saw in your profile that you are in Maintenance, Facilities Maintenance? Equipment?

Buck, Tom Talbert is 700UW, former stock clerk at USAir. Same posting style, same syntax, same poster.

No I believe they are here to stay unless an attempt is made to remove them. They should not have ever been here in the first place as the TWU was the larger of the two. One guess was that it was the only way to protect their nearly defunct pension, which has already been to the PBGC. Some claims of its's health will be thrown my way, but the Actuarial Value ( the value of it's potential value by CPA's and the Credit Houses. However in 2012 Credit Suisse research saw that the Fair Value of pensions or that which reality comes to bear, inflation or a bad economy or even false hope that may cause financial distress. In 2010 while the IAM Pensioin Fund showed in the Green ( 108% funded ) for the Actuarial Value but in the Red for the Fair Value at ( 57.5% funded ) If the Association can convince enough to become members to shore up the fund and it may be in the Green today, but it does offer the question of what's ahead. I believe a large percent of LAA will never vote for this pension and therefore I see no need for the Association nor the IAM. After all they are refusing to support the TWU in gaining a contract. IGM
Buck sounds like after your JCBA, you should be able to force a vote, and the TWU survives. You should be able to make that happen. I am sure the TWU would help you. Or if maintenance did AMFA cards, even if you didn't get them in there , after a new contract of course. If the TWU received the most votes, you are then rid of the IAM, problem solved.

Buck sounds like after your JCBA, you should be able to force a vote, and the TWU survives. You should be able to make that happen. I am sure the TWU would help you. Or if maintenance did AMFA cards, even if you didn't get them in there , after a new contract of course. If the TWU received the most votes, you are then rid of the IAM, problem solved.
There would have to be a card drive and per Article 12 of the AFL-CIO Constitution prohibits it.

The TWU already tried to get out of the Association and the lawyers told them they can’t and Gary Peterson filed a lawsuit against the NMB, it failed.

And don’t count us IAM folks out , we get out to vote.

I’m curious I read some post about getting rid of the IAM after the contract is signed. TWU members have done nothing but complain about how the IAM members have more holidays and vacation time. How the IAM have better medical benefits. The outsourcing is based on billable hours. I think we need to let go of both unions. I have been in several unions in my 30 plus years. I don’t trust either one. This will most likely be my last contract. I still want the technicians to get a better union then what they have.

Latest posts