Aircraft maint issues

Somebody is going to get pissed off about GP (videos). He will be removed from the NC!
By the way who is chairing the A$$ right now!

Somebody is going to get pissed off about GP (videos). He will be removed from the NC!

Gary is an International rep for the TWU who is in the Executive level Negotiations. He ain’t going anywhere.

And Alex Garcia TWU 1st Vice President is the Chairman.

Didn’t get the memo from American Airlines who doesn’t seem too interested in the IAMPF?
Not sure why you are gloating about the company not wanting to have more of its employee's retirement plans even
more questionable than they are now? It took AA four years to finally address the IAMPF question after we have been begging
them for an opinion from day one. I believe AA had no choice but to run away from the IAMPF, you have said many times
the company monitors this forum site, & if so how could they possibly not get the pulse of the LAA members who passionately
responded with facts about the IAMPF & our DOA opinion of any TA that included it for TWU members? Then you add the
IAMPF"s financial reports & it makes me believe the company had no choice to cut ties with the IAMPF if they want to finally
get a deal done.
The anti-IAMPF crowd has always considered the ASS as the main adversary in getting a deal done that included the IAMPF
for all TWU members, and I truly still believe they thought we would buy their plan hook line & sinker. Oh ya, I will never buy their
story they only wanted to give their union brothers a "choice" in their retirement options.
Not sure if this is true but I heard the IAM told their AMT's that they would have a choice in retirement plans all through negotiations & right up to USAirs last & final offer that suspiciously had one retirement choice and that was the IAMPF. I did
not want to take a chance on this story being true, that is why I said many times in the past if an agreement with the IAMPF
in it (even a choice) was a no vote for me.
Answer me this WeAAsles, how does a company sell a TA that takes away the best health plan in the industry from 1/3 of
the labor group and a retirement plan that most of the other 66% of the group hates? Just asking.

Not sure why you are gloating about the company not wanting to have more of its employee's retirement plans even
more questionable than they are now? It took AA four years to finally address the IAMPF question after we have been begging
them for an opinion from day one. I believe AA had no choice but to run away from the IAMPF, you have said many times
the company monitors this forum site, & if so how could they possibly not get the pulse of the LAA members who passionately
responded with facts about the IAMPF & our DOA opinion of any TA that included it for TWU members? Then you add the
IAMPF"s financial reports & it makes me believe the company had no choice to cut ties with the IAMPF if they want to finally
get a deal done.
The anti-IAMPF crowd has always considered the ASS as the main adversary in getting a deal done that included the IAMPF
for all TWU members, and I truly still believe they thought we would buy their plan hook line & sinker. Oh ya, I will never buy their
story they only wanted to give their union brothers a "choice" in their retirement options.
Not sure if this is true but I heard the IAM told their AMT's that they would have a choice in retirement plans all through negotiations & right up to USAirs last & final offer that suspiciously had one retirement choice and that was the IAMPF. I did
not want to take a chance on this story being true, that is why I said many times in the past if an agreement with the IAMPF
in it (even a choice) was a no vote for me.
Answer me this WeAAsles, how does a company sell a TA that takes away the best health plan in the industry from 1/3 of
the labor group and a retirement plan that most of the other 66% of the group hates? Just asking.

I’m not gloating at all about the Company proposal that did not include continuing on with the IAMPF. I think I’ve been pretty consistent about my feelings on it. And it looks like we may even get to see one more funding report issued on it. Why should I not hope that the funding level improved for our Brothers and Sisters who are in it currently at least?

And as far as people hating the IAMPF I really don’t think 90% of the people I work with have even any clue about it? And on financial matters both groups have the same educations.

And Chil if ultimately it’s not offered then so be it. But many out there think 9% isn’t enough to cut off that spigot.

Remember that guy from LAS who did the rant on youtube, that's what Gary reminded me of, but GP is under a lot pressure

I’m not gloating at all about the Company proposal that did not include continuing on with the IAMPF. I think I’ve been pretty consistent about my feelings on it. And it looks like we may even get to see one more funding report issued on it. Why should I not hope that the funding level improved for our Brothers and Sisters who are in it currently at least?

And as far as people hating the IAMPF I really don’t think 90% of the people I work with have even any clue about it? And on financial matters both groups have the same educations.

And Chil if ultimately it’s not offered then so be it. But many out there think 9% isn’t enough to cut off that spigot.

You have been consistent with the matter of having a choice in retirement plans, no doubt about it! I actually agree with you
in that sense, I would love to have multiple "viable" choices in retirement plans again. The problem is I do not see the IAMPF
as a viable retirement source and for the sake of the IAM guys, I too hope I'm wrong and the plan rebounds. But I cannot just bury my head in the sand & hope it all goes away, I felt I needed to take a vocal stand on the subject. I have zero ill will towards
IAM members, but I do have ill will towards the creators of the ASS & defenders of the ASS. And I also have ill will towards
anyone who knows an influx of TWU $ into the plan would only be a short-term solution but promotes it anyway.

Reactions: 1AA
You have been consistent with the matter of having a choice in retirement plans, no doubt about it! I actually agree with you
in that sense, I would love to have multiple "viable" choices in retirement plans again. The problem is I do not see the IAMPF
as a viable retirement source and for the sake of the IAM guys, I too hope I'm wrong and the plan rebounds. But I cannot just bury my head in the sand & hope it all goes away, I felt I needed to take a vocal stand on the subject. I have zero ill will towards
IAM members, but I do have ill will towards the creators of the ASS & defenders of the ASS. And I also have ill will towards
anyone who knows an influx of TWU $ into the plan would only be a short-term solution but promotes it anyway.

The creators of the Association were cowards who cared more about their Political positions than they did about how the members would react being forced into a partnership without a vote. But also unfortunately looking at TWA the Association was still the best solution at trying to prevent infighting amongst each other which is probably inevitable because we’re always contest sports minded anyway.

But Jim Little and his group were removed for what he did whether he cares or not anyway cause no one seems to know what happened to him anyway either.

As far as the IAMPF I’ll cross that bridge IF I wind up even coming up to it.

I wanted to come back to this. Just out of curiosity how would you have felt psychologically if Doug Parker and the new BOD had decided to keep the US Airways name for the merger and dumped the American Airlines name instead of the way it is today?

Would it have disturbed you to have to wear a US Airways shirt and hat and Management told you to take off your old AA Uniform?

Where is USAIR today? CLT, PHL, PHX, DCA, LGA and quite a few other places too.

They pretty much did dump AA. The AA Logo is gone and everything we do is being changed to the way USAIR did it. They are trying to run a major International Airline like a low cost regional. Personally this isn't the only airline I've worked for, I don't get emotionally attached to corporate Logos, colors or Uniforms, I could care less as long as my paycheck is there. Started my career at Capitol Airlines in 1980, years later I found myself at LGA working the same aircraft I did at Capitol, not just the same type, the same exact plane, same Serial number.
Try and book a flight on USAIR.

They pretty much did dump AA. The AA Logo is gone and everything we do is being changed to the way USAIR did it. They are trying to run a major International Airline like a low cost regional. Personally this isn't the only airline I've worked for, I don't get emotionally attached to corporate Logos, colors or Uniforms, I could care less as long as my paycheck is there. Started my career at Capitol Airlines in 1980, years later I found myself at LGA working the same aircraft I did at Capitol, not just the same type, the same exact plane, same Serial number.
Try and book a flight on USAIR.

Ok but your comment “implies” that USAIR went out of business or that basically IAM Leaders/Members need to capitulate to us because they no longer paint US on the tail.

The way I see it is WE (The Airline we used to work for) was the one at that moment in Bankruptcy ripe to be taken over and the USAIR Group is the one that came in and was handed the keys to the ship.

So yea I know you can’t stand it but you do work for USAIR now Bob. Check out the top 5 chairs of the Corporate ladder and tell me a little about them.

Adapt/Evolve or Die.

Gary is an International rep for the TWU who is in the Executive level Negotiations. He ain’t going anywhere.

And Alex Garcia TWU 1st Vice President is the Chairman.
So we have a Fleet Service Clerk with a chip on his shoulder against Maintenance chairing the Maintenance Negotiations. I'm sure it was Alex who blocked the Title II guys from Local 510 from moving to Local 591. Funny how Fleets structure ensures that there are no A&P mechanics on the TWU committee but the M&R TWU is structured to allow up to five Fleet Service guys and a Fleet guy Chairs it (there are only 3 maintenance locals, so mechanics remain outnumbered on the Maint committee). This is due to the fact that the International left small groups of Title II guys in several Fleet Service dominated locals. They can and did force all the Maintenance Locals to consolidate, claiming that we would not survive financially, even though most of us proved we could, but kept Title II in the Fleet Locals despite several petitions from Title II wanting to join with the rest of the mechanics.

If they booted Gary on Monday there would be a card drive on Tuesday.

Ok but your comment “implies” that USAIR went out of business or that basically IAM Leaders/Members need to capitulate to us because they no longer paint US on the tail.

The way I see it is WE (The Airline we used to work for) was the one at that moment in Bankruptcy ripe to be taken over and the USAIR Group is the one that came in and was handed the keys to the ship.

So yea I know you can’t stand it but you do work for USAIR now Bob. Check out the top 5 chairs of the Corporate ladder and tell me a little about them.

Adapt/Evolve or Die.
I rarely imply, I usually just come out and say it. People like you like to spin things. We "was"? The whole BK was a scam and a fraud. You are not bankrupt when you have $5 billion in cash, just secured financing for over 500 new airplanes and have not defaulted on a single payment or violated a single covenant. The only party that didnt walk out of BK better than they walked in were the employees.

Again I could care less who is running the company or what colors they paint the planes or even our Uniforms.

I've worked for around 6 different airlines, I've worked for this Airline in three different stations plus multiple field trips even to different countries, I've been a mechanic who worked every area and every shift there is in in both the class 1 and class II stations I've worked, worked Avionics and even a few times as Inspector, currently a Crew Chief, I know how to adapt and Evolve.

Last edited:
Reactions: 737823 and swamt
So we have a Fleet Service Clerk with a chip on his shoulder against Maintenance chairing the Maintenance Negotiations. I'm sure it was Alex who blocked the Title II guys from Local 510 from moving to Local 591. Funny how Fleets structure ensures that there are no A&P mechanics on the TWU committee but the M&R TWU is structured to allow up to five Fleet Service guys and a Fleet guy Chairs it (there are only 3 maintenance locals, so mechanics remain outnumbered on the Maint committee). This is due to the fact that the International left small groups of Title II guys in several Fleet Service dominated locals. They can and did force all the Maintenance Locals to consolidate, claiming that we would not survive financially, even though most of us proved we could, but kept Title II in the Fleet Locals despite several petitions from Title II wanting to join with the rest of the mechanics.

If they booted Gary on Monday there would be a card drive on Tuesday.

Oh would you look who easily settles back into that old comfy chair you know and love that you dragged out from the garage.

Yes Alex is the chair. Alex was elected into office by the TWU delegates. Yes Alex has a title. So what. You had a title in the past too. Lots of people have titles. As far as I know Gary is the main TWU guy for Maintenance issues in those Executive talks along with Sito too because the guy is a Mechanic.

So my guess is you’re going back to the past to sell the folks the very old line that is little Fleet Service Clerks have again takin you over and are holding you down and back? Ok then you owe me $40,000. You make $105,000 and I make $65,000. If Fleet got you by the balls again you owe me $40,000.

And now they FORCED the Maintenance Locals to consolidate? Give me a break. You said over and over on here that it was a good idea. Now they FORCED you to do it. You were Treasurer saying how great you were doing at saving money and then you quit.

And NO ONE is booting Gary. So don’t try to ride the guys coattails and pretend anyone in the TWU has a problem with him. They don’t......

I rarely imply, I usually just come out and say it. People like you like to spin things. We "was"? The whole BK was a scam and a fraud. You are not bankrupt when you have $5 billion in cash, just secured financing for over 500 new airplanes and have not defaulted on a single payment or violated a single covenant. The only party that didnt walk out of BK better than they walked in were the employees.

Again I could care less who is running the company or what colors they paint the planes or even our Uniforms.

I've worked for around 6 different airlines, I've worked for this Airline in three different stations plus multiple field trips even to different countries, I've been a mechanic who worked every area and every shift there is in in both the class 1 and class II stations I've worked, worked Avionics and even a few times as Inspector, currently a Crew Chief, I know how to adapt and Evolve.

Oh would you stop with the garbage of the BK being a fraud. No it wasn’t a fraud cause the Company had the Laws in their favor to go bankrupt and rip us all off.

How much of the past are you going to put on your tombstone Bob?

People like you are obsessed with EVERYTHING from the past that focuses on the negative. People like you and I’m sorry to say (very sorry actually) are Dinosaurs. You don’t adapt but you do survive for now.

BTW be honest for a change. You’re back with an angle. You have an agenda or you wouldn’t suddenly be back from out of the smoke. What’s your agenda Bob?

Your REAL agenda? Not this BS one.

I just got this text from someone reading here Bob. I’ll leave it to you to guess who sent it to me.

“Like I told you it’s the World according to Bob. Reality doesn’t matter to him as it doesn’t fit his narratives”

The facts are what they are. Fleet was the first to capitulate in BK, when I asked Virella why he said "You guys have options, for my guys its "Will that be paper or plastic". That came from your leadership not mechanics. So don't bother with the crying about the difference in pay, you are still substantially higher than the option.
Yes they did force us to do it, we even filed a lawsuit against it. Yes I did favor Consolidation but if you recall it was for all groups, I was willing to give up my silo for the greater good but they deliberately structured it to make A&P's a minority on our own committee. All they did was remove the number of A&P members on the committee. If they had put all of Title II into the M&R Locals then yes I would be OK with it. The fact is NOBODY has as fucked up of a structure as M&R at the TWU, nobody in any union, even the rest of the TWU. This is by design, Littles design, passed on to the FSC dominated International who kept it in place. The fact is the Title II guys from 510 petitioned and it was OK'd by their President to join Local 591 but the International rejected it, Local 501 Title II guys also petitioned to join and their board rejected it.
So Sito is holding Alex's hand, he cant rely on the TWU M&R guys?
I didn't say they would remove Gary, I said if they did there would be a card drive the next day and they know that.