Aircraft maint issues

Ok, saw the PM I don't think that we have ever actually met. Why don't you just post it? Or do you want me to post it so you can complain to the moderator and have me banned? Nothing stopping you from posting it. Its pretty clear if you read what I post what my motives are. Still no clue why a FSC spends so much time watching and engaging mechanics, if I was on the FSC thread you may have a point but asking me why I'm here is ironic.

For several years now we have been left completely in the dark, as you said 90% of the contract has been settled, but nobody knows whats in it. The company tells us more than our Union. I never agreed with Gary agreeing to keep everything a secret. Before he showed up I'd been though many battles, many threats to keep info from my members, I put it out anyway. He said they would remove him, I doubted that, they didn't remove me and I only had 900 members vs over 4000, but I decided to give him the benefit of the doubt. So here we are 4 years after the merger with still no contract and no word of what we are even asking for, its bullshit, its unreasonable and it shows that the Association has zero faith in their own members, after all that's why it was formed in the first place.

I am concerned that the committee won't focus on an adequate 401K contribution and being put in the IAMNPF, also being stuck into a five year contract, when I entered this industry we had two year contracts, guaranteed if we get a five year deal we will be at the bottom for more than four of those years. Four years holding every other worker in the industry back from recovering what we lost through the legal fraud of BK from these extremely profitable companies.

I said years ago that when these airlines emerge from BK they will be more profitable than ever before, that came true. I also said the company would try and screw us out of our prefunding company match, that came true. I never accepted or endorsed the way the TWU created a structure where mechanics could not decide for themselves what their policy or position should be, we don't have mechanics sitting in on Fleet Service meetings but Fleet Service Presidents from Local 501, 510, 512, 513, and SFO all kept their Title II members which allows them to sit on TWU Maintenance meetings. Our structure is deliberately flawed and it needs to be fixed.

I want my contract group to be in ONE UNION this Association is a Train Wreck, that was made obvious from the Demonstrations. We Must get out of it, I made that perfectly clear when I was in office and have not changed my position, if they wanted to divy up the members they should have done it by classification, they could have put all M&R in the IAM and all Fleet in TWU or the other way around, but as a Union man you are being deceptive and omitting facts to serve whatever your agenda is by defending this Association, the Agents voted to merge, the West had no union until they heard about the merger and still never had a contract. The Core principle of Unionism is that the members democratically choose their representation, yet you defend undemocratic actions. I don't believe that the TWU can't get us out and if they wont get us out then we must get rid of the TWU. We gave them 4 years to make this work. It has failed. I have stayed silent for a long time but enough is enough. Samuelson needs to **** or get off the pot, he would not allow this sort of a structure in Local 100. The least he could do is clean up the TWU M&R side give AA workers the same Structure as SWA TWU members. Locals by Class and craft. It works for them, it would work for us.

Last edited:
Ok, saw the PM I don't think that we have ever actually met. Why don't you just post it? Or do you want me to post it so you can complain to the moderator and have me banned? Nothing stopping you from posting it. Its pretty clear if you read what I post what my motives are. Still no clue why a FSC spends so much time watching and engaging mechanics, if I was on the FSC thread you may have a point but asking me why I'm here is ironic.

For several years now we have been left completely in the dark, as you said 90% of the contract has been settled, but nobody knows whats in it. The company tells us more than our Union. I never agreed with Gary agreeing to keep everything a secret. Before he showed up I'd been though many battles, many threats to keep info from my members, I put it out anyway. He said they would remove him, I doubted that, they didn't remove me and I only had 900 members vs over 4000, but I decided to give him the benefit of the doubt. So here we are 4 years after the merger with still no contract and no word of what we are even asking for, its bullshit, its unreasonable and it shows that the Association has zero faith in their own members, after all that's why it was formed in the first place.

I am concerned that the committee won't focus on an adequate 401K contribution and being put in the IAMNPF, also being stuck into a five year contract, when I entered this industry we had two year contracts, guaranteed if we get a five year deal we will be at the bottom for more than four of those years. Four years holding every other worker in the industry back from recovering what we lost through the legal fraud of BK from these extremely profitable companies.

I said years ago that when these airlines emerge from BK they will be more profitable than ever before, that came true. I also said the company would try and screw us out of our prefunding company match, that came true. I never accepted or endorsed the way the TWU created a structure where mechanics could not decide for themselves what their policy or position should be, we don't have mechanics sitting in on Fleet Service meetings but Fleet Service Presidents from Local 501, 510, 512, 513, and SFO all kept their Title II members which allows them to sit on TWU Maintenance meetings. Our structure is deliberately flawed and it needs to be fixed.

I want my contract group to be in ONE UNION this Association is a Train Wreck, that was made obvious from the Demonstrations. We Must get out of it, I made that perfectly clear when I was in office and have not changed my position, if they wanted to divy up the members they should have done it by classification, they could have put all M&R in the IAM and all Fleet in TWU or the other way around, but as a Union man you are being deceptive and omitting facts to serve whatever your agenda is by defending this Association, the Agents voted to merge, the West had no union until they heard about the merger and still never had a contract. The Core principle of Unionism is that the members democratically choose their representation, yet you defend undemocratic actions. I don't believe that the TWU can't get us out and if they wont get us out then we must get rid of the TWU. We gave them 4 years to make this work. It has failed. I have stayed silent for a long time but enough is enough. Samuelson needs to **** or get off the pot, he would not allow this sort of a structure in Local 100. The least he could do is clean up the TWU M&R side give AA workers the same Structure as SWA TWU members. Locals by Class and craft. It works for them, it would work for us.

Thank you Bob. You stated what your agenda is. I agree they should tell us what they’re asking for. Oh wait a minute they did. Same proposal as they presented in the beginning in 2015. Just haven’t publicly put out what the percentage is they asked for in wages. On that one they’d be stupid to put that out publicly. Absolutely stupid.

I never supported that we shouldn’t have had a vote on the Association. You won’t find any place on Forums where I said that. Did say I wouldn’t want it with a Government forced “No Union” option on the ballot though. Too many idiots out there could jump on it.

Anyway you wrote some good honest stuff about your feelings here and everything you wrote here is now up at the very top of the ladder as far as I can get it for you (The guy with a chip on his shoulder)

As for my name. I’ve done that for you TWICE now here. I’m not doing it again because I feel like you think I got strings on my arms and you want me to dance for you.

Hey Mods Bob wants to put my full name on Airline Forums and I give him full permission to do so. How’s that Bob?

Liars and bullshit artists? I just cited where you lied about the agents, show me where I've lied.

The agents are part of the CWA/IBT Association. Yea they had to vote cause the AA side had no Union. Same thing that happened at Delta/NWA cause Delta side had no Unions either.

We had 2 Unions and those 2 Unions decided to file to represent the groups collectively together. Sue the NMB Bro.

https://www.american-agents.org/news/cwa-ibt-association-passenger-service

Ok, so you feel you are here monitoring the Forum for Alex? That's fine, but why doesn't Alex have an A&P do that? Because they have a basic resentment and mistrust for Aircraft Maintenance, always have, for the 30 years I've been at AA. They have this because of all the times we have tried to leave, but never addressed why we wanted to leave, just like when they consolidated the five line Locals, reducing the presence of A&Ps by 4, while leaving Title II with the Fleet Locals so that on the TWU side A&Ps are outnumbered by Fleet on the A&P committee.

You do more than monitor you engage. The fact is you have been deceptive, through omission, on you arguments in defense of the Association.

Alex knows our structure is flawed by for purely political reasons he leaves it as is. They could reorganize along the same lines as SWA where Fleet and the FAs are both TWU and they are both in separate Locals but they choose not too. Dont bother with the respecting the will crap of the Locals because they had no problem stopping the Title II guys from 510 with the endorsement of their President from moving into 591.

6CD19275-7F02-4C6E-9CC5-E27D503FCE11.png

The America West agents voted to join their Association.
The upstairs agents at LUS have been CWA/IBT since 2005 when the HP Merger occurred.

Seems to have worked fine for 13 years.

Only thing they did was HP Agents were transitioned to the exsisting CWA/US CBA, they didn’t negotiate a JCBA.

Come to CLT next week, they’ll let you in and you can ask Sito directly.

Yes and they got to vote on it. We were told we would get to vote on it then denied a vote, that's a big difference. Also like I said the HP side was non-union till they realized that in a merger, with no Union they would get stapled to the bottom of the Seniority list and they never even had a contract in place. Have the gate agents ever had a demonstration where the other side sat it out?

Ok, so you feel you are here monitoring the Forum for Alex? That's fine, but why doesn't Alex have an A&P do that? Because they have a basic resentment and mistrust for Aircraft Maintenance, always have, for the 30 years I've been at AA. They have this because of all the times we have tried to leave, but never addressed why we wanted to leave, just like when they consolidated the five line Locals, reducing the presence of A&Ps by 4, while leaving Title II with the Fleet Locals so that on the TWU side A&Ps are outnumbered by Fleet on the A&P committee.

You do more than monitor you engage. The fact is you have been deceptive, through omission, on you arguments in defense of the Association.

Alex knows our structure is flawed by for purely political reasons he leaves it as is. They could reorganize along the same lines as SWA where Fleet and the FAs are both TWU and they are both in separate Locals but they choose not too. Dont bother with the respecting the will crap of the Locals because they had no problem stopping the Title II guys from 510 with the endorsement of their President from moving into 591.

No Bob. No. No. Alex is a friend of mine. Alex actually was the guy who got me in to all this Union crapola. I monitor nothing for nobody. Again like you I have friends. I don’t waste Alex’s time on most of the crap that people post on here except occasionally one or two special cases. And I was here a very long time ago just like you.

I’m not sharing any more of your comments because you’ve been in the game long enough that I’m sure you can get all the attention you want or need. Pick up the phone. I’m sure you have all their phone numbers. Pick up the phone.

They never addressed why “YOU” wanted to leave. The “WE” only works if you had ever gotten enough cards to have that vote to prove there really were major problems. And please don’t tell me the excuses again. I hate excuses and if I was a Manager I would FIRE the incompetent fools who kept throwing excuse after excuse at me.

Yes and they got to vote on it. We were told we would get to vote on it then denied a vote, that's a big difference. Also like I said the HP side was non-union till they realized that in a merger, with no Union they would get stapled to the bottom of the Seniority list and they never even had a contract in place. Have the gate agents ever had a demonstration where the other side sat it out?

So go find Jim Little and ask him WTF happened? Maybe he lives on a Caribbean Island sucking milk out of Coconuts now?

I don't care if I'm a fan or not, I'm thankful the Association is taking on the greed from Parker on down both publicly and with more transparency. I think this is what most members have been clamoring about in the past. I know I have.
I would hope the Association would have a row of members/NC at the next State of the Airline or Town Hall so they can challenge Parker and his team. Hell, lets have the employee's hear it all, LIVE!

I don't care if I'm a fan or not, I'm thankful the Association is taking on the greed from Parker on down both publicly and with more transparency. I think this is what most members have been clamoring about in the past. I know I have.
I would hope the Association would have a row of members/NC at the next State of the Airline or Town Hall so they can challenge Parker and his team. Hell, lets have the employee's hear it all, LIVE!

I think they have a Parker Hall coming here to MIA next week?