Airline pilots fired for taking off ... their clothes

So why the big surprise!? From the airline that gave America WHITE TRASH. No surprise that their employees are WHITE TRASH!!

I don''t rather to take that as a compliment or insult. White trash being hard working, maybe living in a double wide, more than one dog, old pick up truck, & perhaps speaking with a bit of a twang. Yep, that would be me. Sure beats being a pompous ass!

----------------
On 4/28/2003 7:06:12 PM NAPAUS wrote:

So why the big surprise!? From the airline that gave America WHITE TRASH. No surprise that their employees are WHITE TRASH!!

----------------​
We''ll you know the hiring requirments here are as follows; least one non-running car in your yard; name at least 4 CURRENT wrestlers in the WWE and or NASCAR drivers; at least one relative who''s been on OJI for at least a year; mullets and tattoos are helpful but not required for the hiring process. Come on over buddy you''ll be right at home.

This same thing happened many years ago at the old Piedmont. On a YS-11, the pilots were naked except for their neck ties. A new F/A on her first trip came up front with coffee. After serving the coffee, not flinching, she turned around and went back to the cabin, LEAVING THE COCKPIT DOOR OPEN!!!!

The were the good old days before political correctness.

I say get a life and a sense of humor.

----------------

----------------​

NAPAUS also posted on U board:
That after 22 years of flying he/she has a second job to make up for "PAY REDUCTIONS". Maybe this is the reason for the "TRASH TALK"??

WHITE TRASH employees getting RAISES and job SECURITY !!

Now where am I going to park that DOUBLEWIDE ??

LUV

----------------
On 4/29/2003 9:04:53 AM RES4LUV wrote:

----------------

----------------​

That after 22 years of flying he/she has a second job to make up for "PAY REDUCTIONS". Maybe this is the reason for the "TRASH TALK"??

LUV

----------------​
NAPAUS works for U? I''ll have to remember that on my next trip to Asheville, lest I sully his airline with my White Trash money. Looks like Delta gets that business.

----------------
On 4/29/2003 10:51:50 PM frntvngd wrote:

As we speak Dave Letterman is poking fun at this...Bad decision by company, creating negative publicity.

So...WHHHHHOOOO is the the third party?????

----------------​

An earlier post here claimed it was the FA's boyfriend, which sounds ridiculous on the face of it (why should he have ANY say in the matter?), but I have also read the same thing on a Usenet group--so maybe it was.
If so, she certainly needs to dump the controlling jerk, pronto...

Those two pilots flying naked has tarnished the image the airline.

There are lots of customers who will now choose another carrier, rather than risk flying "Naked Air". It really does not matter why they did it or who saw them, both of them did not spill coffee. So which "stick" were they using to fly the plane? LOL!!!

----------------
On 4/30/2003 8:51:02 AM novaqt wrote:

There are lots of customers who will now choose another carrier, rather than risk flying "Naked Air". It really does not matter why they did it or who saw them, both of them did not spill coffee. So which "stick" were they using to fly the plane? LOL!!!

----------------​
What is the "risk" they are taking by flying Southwest? Do navy blue pants and a white shirt signify a better ability to fly a plane?

----------------

----------------​
This has not been my experience on the line, primarily due to the advanced nature of our Customers.

Most are either making a joke of it themselves, asking about additional services today, or enjoying hearing flight attendants use the situation humorously.

This is not some hidden secret we''re ashamed of, more likely it''ll be a new piece of folklore. This is not some stuffed-shirt airline that would be cowering in a corner, with a tear streaked face, saying, "I have sinned".

Remember the "good" old days when Southwest Airlines was that wonderful secret in the West?

SWFlyer, that has been my experience as well. I have not met anyone that is flying other airlines because of this. Infact the only place I even hear it anymore is on bb''s. Employees at other airlines that have had their asses kicked by SWA have always blamed us for their ills, so they are wishing this is a MAJOR problem for us. Sorry folks, this is a minor negative that is being turned into a positive. You losers at other airlines that are blaming us for your problems, get a life. The only passengers that my have a bug up thier ass over this may be snobby, first class passengers. You guys can keep them.....oh yea, they are coming over to us as well. LOL.
----------------
On 4/30/2003 12:34:59 PM swflyer wrote:

----------------

----------------​
This has not been my experience on the line, primarily due to the advanced nature of our Customers.

Most are either making a joke of it themselves, asking about additional services today, or enjoying hearing flight attendants use the situation humorously.

This is not some hidden secret we''re ashamed of, more likely it''ll be a new piece of folklore. This is not some stuffed-shirt airline that would be cowering in a corner, with a tear streaked face, saying, "I have sinned".

Remember the "good" old days when Southwest Airlines was that wonderful secret in the West?

----------------​

----------------
On 4/29/2003 12:52:28 PM KCFlyer wrote:

----------------
On 4/29/2003 9:04:53 AM RES4LUV wrote:

----------------

So why the big surprise!? From the airline that gave America  WHITE TRASH. No surprise that their employees are WHITE TRASH!!

----------------​

LUV

----------------​
NAPAUS works for U?  I''ll have to remember that on my next trip to Asheville, lest I sully his airline with my White Trash money.  Looks like Delta gets that business.

----------------​
KC, sounds like someone who has actually lived the "white trash" life and has been scared for life by this.

----------------
On 4/30/2003 12:34:59 PM swflyer wrote:

----------------​
Hell, I remember the good old days when Southwest was that wonderful secret in the south who had hostesses in hot pants. Damn I miss those days.