Airline pilots fired for taking off ... their clothes

A lot of people are afraid to fly now. Tourism is down. Between terrorists with weapons ... passengers with SARS ... and pilots without pants ...

Have you flown lately? It’s like a nightmare flying now - drunk pilots, pilots with guns, naked pilots, runaway beverage carts – no wonder nobody wants to fly – it’s safer to take Amtrak.

Everyday on my day to work I see this billboard it says, "live nudes.â€￾ I always assumed it was an ad for a strip club, it turns out it is a recruiting poster for Southwest Airlines.

I guess you heard that two Southwest pilots were fired after being caught in the cockpit naked. They were naked in the cockpit. Now, their lawyer said they were just showing their support for the Dixie Chicks.

Did you hear this story? Today two Southwest pilots were fired for flying the plane naked! They''ve gone from no frills to no pants. You know who I feel sorry for? The pilots who have to sit on those seats during the next flight. Eeeew.

Besides the professional loss of credibility (again), it appears that there is more work to do before pilots will receive a decent wage again.

How can we expect to ask for a hefty six figure income when we are constantly in the news not for landing on a runway in pouring rain with the crosswind at the limit or shutting down a vibrating engine, but blowing through security with more than the essence of Scope on our breath or flying sans trou.

DELETED

HOw creative of you....replacing the letter L with the number 1...where''d you learn that - from the Yahoo boards? I do applaud your attempts to avoid plagarism by screwing up the signature. I don''t work for Southwest, but I can see why you don''t either ...they like folks with creativity, your post shows a lack of creativity.

----------------
On 5/3/2003 3:12:48 PM KCf1yer wrote:

----------------
On 5/3/2003 7:28:08 PM phasersonstun2 wrote:

Besides the professional loss of credibility (again), it appears that there is more work to do before pilots will receive a decent wage again.

How can we expect to ask for a hefty six figure income when we are constantly in the news not for landing on a runway in pouring rain with the crosswind at the limit or shutting down a vibrating engine, but blowing through security with more than the essence of Scope on our breath or flying sans trou.

DELETED

----------------​
Nice try troll, what airline do you really work for? Oh, got laid off ehh? Look internal, grasshopper, the answer you seek is within yourself, its not with putting the blame on SWA. Goodluck with finding a new job, but with your attitude you may find it rough going.

----------------
On 5/3/2003 7:28:08 PM phasersonstun2 wrote:

DELETED

----------------​
Yeah,
you''re just jealous because you don''t work for Southwest. Well, you made your choice and didn''t. So don''t blame the Southwest pilots for your mistakes.

Hi Spanky,
Re: your post...I am a straight male F/A and have worked here for 13 years. I would agree with your "grade school" comparison in many cases. When it comes to "tidying" and crossing S/B''s between flights, it is not asked for, yet very much appreciated. Often this is the first impression F/A''a have. We as a work group are very diverse as is yours. I have been hurt 2x in my 13 years at work...and was not warned either time. I have flown with F/A''s of many different senioirty levels over the years, and C.J Bostic is a friend. The work ethic on the A/C is not commensurate with seniority. In addition... Nor is the Particular PIC''s ability to communicate with the Cabin Crew!!
With the Good Comes The Bad!!

Take Care, Chris

As I''ve said in the past, the clothes issue is a non issue. Its gone from the news and you don''t hear squat about it, except from other airline employees...get over it. We just announced profits for the second quarter and for the year....what other major is doing this? Umm huhh. We just announced lots of new flights, who else is? All you doom and gloomers saying how no one would fly SWA because of the pilots clothes, or because of this or that...guess what? WRONG, again.