Airline Plan Wins Judge's Approval

USA320Pilot

Veteran
May 18, 2003
www.usaviation.com
Airline plan wins judge's approval -- US Airways leaves bankruptcy, heads for America West merger

Charlotte Observer wrote: The airline was virtually unbeatable in Mitchell's courtroom, winning a series of crucial rulings.

USA320Pilot comments: This is why I recommended ALPA's RC4 and the other union's cut new labor accords early on in the restructuring process. During contract negotiations after a company offer was not accepted the next company offer was worse culminating with the IAM giving the company the greatest "give" over the "ask" for any union.

Charlotte Observer wrote: For the first time, US Airways disclosed this week in court papers that it flirted with plans this spring for a "massive downsizing" that would have eliminated the jobs of more than half its workers.

USA320Pilot comments: I now understand that every US Airways union was briefed on the 150-aircraft fleet plan, which I previously discussed in this forum. It was a real risk being pushed by GECAS and others. If ALPA had sent out the company's September 6 proposal for membership ratification the 279 minimum fleet count and many other scope protections would still exist.

There is nothing we can do about the past, but one thing is certain. The path taken by the union's hurt the membership more than was necessary, however, the good news is that some or all of the extra loss can be regained during upcoming joint negotiations for new CBA's.

See Story

Regards,

USA320Pilot

USA320,

I think you are insane to post such a post against Labor's unions.

You need to be thrown out of the unions.

The only reason U survived is because of labor "give backs" and BK laws that protect creditors' money.

The present day investor who invests in airlines is simply "crazy money" going after really bad managment.

All Doug Parker has presently is investors money and many of U's management.

I don't find that to be a recipe for success.

PITbull said:
USA320,

[post="302108"][/post]​

This is my post from another thread:

To the folks who are concerned about old US Airway management having jobs at the New US Airways: They work for Doug Parker. Bringing some of the US Airways management was neccessary for a smoother transition. We will be in a transitional state for sometime to come. Trust me, Doug has worked his buns off saving the jobs of 40,000 employees. I don't see him letting 40,000 employees down by keeping bad apples on his staff for any longer than absolutely neccessary. A change in environment and new leadership has a way of changing attitudes and behavior so everyone will be given a chance to make postive contributions. He is a really nice geniune guy, but I'm pretty sure he'll make the decision to let people go if they don't "Get On Board" ;)

As far as the investors go....they don't believe they are throwing their money away. Who in their right mind would invest in something they don't think will succeed??? This is a new airline with no track record at this point. The slate is clean. Put the negative attitudes in check until you have some meat to sink your teeth into. ;)

I wonder what will bve of the two cities that are now Piedmont? MDT and ABE are the only 2 cities that I know are PI cities but what will happen to them if America West gets rid of the Piedmont and its Dashes on the East or for good?

USA320Pilot said:
The path taken by the union's hurt the membership more than was necessary, however, the good news is that some or all of the extra loss can be regained during upcoming joint negotiations for new CBA's.
[post="302050"][/post]​

Doesn't sound like the same person that on Aug 24, 2004, wrote:

"Unfortunately, the "house of cards" is starting to collapse and it
is an open question whether even that will be enough to stop
the "run on the bank" as creditors and the ATSB start protecting
themselves rather than hoping for a turn-around. Apparently,
Bombardier has already started in this direction, requiring the
company to find alternate financing for several of the CRJ
deliveries and American Express is accelerating payments of $75
million."

"As for ALPA being able to stop any of this, the only way is to
capitulate and give the company far in excess of $295 million a year
as stipulated in the latest company "proposal"
."

PITbull said:
USA320,

The only reason U survived is because of labor "give backs" and BK laws that protect creditors' money.

The present day investor who invests in airlines is simply "crazy money" going after really bad managment.

[post="302108"][/post]​
Then why stick around??????

Do you call THAT a recipe for success????

EricLv2Fish said:
This is my post from another thread:

To the folks who are concerned about old US Airway management having jobs at the New US Airways:  They work for Doug Parker.  Bringing some of the US Airways management was neccessary for a smoother transition.  We will be in a transitional state for sometime to come.  Trust me, Doug has worked his buns off saving the jobs of 40,000 employees.  I don't see him letting 40,000 employees down by keeping bad apples on his staff for any longer than absolutely neccessary.  A change in environment and new leadership has a way of changing attitudes and behavior so everyone will be given a chance to make postive contributions.  He is a really nice geniune guy, but I'm pretty sure he'll make the decision to let people go if they don't "Get On Board"  ;)

As far as the investors go....they don't believe they are throwing their money away.  Who in their right mind would invest in something they don't think will succeed???  This is a new airline with no track record at this point.  The slate is clean.  Put the negative attitudes in check until you have some meat to sink your teeth into.   ;)
[post="302116"][/post]​

I think someone needs to have a long indepth discussion with Dr. Bronner. I don't see him jumping to another opportunity to throw RSA money into the new entity. How about Warren Buffit?

That should be any sane investor's first indication.