Us Airways May Cut 914 Utility Jobs

USA320Pilot

Veteran
May 18, 2003
www.usaviation.com
US Airways may cut 914 Utility jobs

Pittsburgh Tribune-Review wrote: Seabury Group John Luth indicated that GE Capital was the driving force behind US Airways' decision to raise its labor demand from $800 million to almost $1.1 billion since its Sept. 12 bankruptcy filing.

USA320Pilot comments: Nobody should be surprised by Luth's comments. GECAS made their case during ALPA's LOA 91 debate and every reader on this board was told over and over the company would seek deeper cuts. Every day the AFA and IAM wait to obtain a TA the company will seek even larger pay and benefit cuts. You would have thought that the unions without an agreement would have learned from ALPA's RC4 failures.

Pittsburgh Tribune-Review wrote: A company lawyer asked Joseph Adimolfy, an adviser to the IAM's negotiating team, if the IAM was reluctant to negotiate with US Airways because the union had been decertified at United Airlines after negotiating an agreement that permitted outsourcing of heavy maintenance and work force reductions. "We are not concerned" about being kicked out at US Airways, Adimolfy said.

USA320Pilot comments: Right...

Complete Story

Regards,

USA320Pilot

USA320Pilot said:
US Airways may cut 914 Utility jobs

A company lawyer asked Joseph Adimolfy, an adviser to the IAM's negotiating team, if the IAM was reluctant to negotiate with US Airways because the union had been decertified at United Airlines after negotiating an agreement that permitted outsourcing of heavy maintenance and work force reductions.

"We are not concerned" about being kicked out at US Airways, Adimolfy said.

Complete Story

USA320Pilot comments: Right...

Regards,

USA320Pilot
[post="228027"][/post]​

Do you get a bonus working for the company?
Is it your intention to fractionalize the workforce by posting such inflammatory nonsense?

I am amazed that ALPA still considers you a 'Member'!!!

JMHO...
:stupid: UT

USA320Pilot said:
UAL_TECH:

With all due respect, you have no idea what you are talking about.

Regards,

USA320Pilot
[post="228033"][/post]​

USA320Pilot,

You may be correct.

In a 'Moment of Clarity' one must consider the forces that are working for them and/or against them. I have little doubt that us 'little folk' are being played by our ignorance in identifying those that 'Talk' -vs- those that 'Walk'.

You, in fact, may be more of a 'friend' than my supposedly 'friends' are.
Quite thought provoking I must admit, there are layers (and liars) in most politics.

I’ll think on this one………

Take Care,
B) UT

You may hold the key to the unreasonable, stalling company tactics.....

If your statement is true that evey day the company and the AFA & IAM don't come to an agreement the company will ask for more...

Then it seems to me, that the company is not bargaining in "GOOD FAITH"...Their motivation is to DRAG OUT THE NEGOTIATiONS, to get more and more on thier side....with no intentions on a fair, equitable and timely agreement,..... because it is in their best interests to drag it out.......

Now you know what the company is attempting to do...

USA320Pilot said:
UAL_TECH:

Regards,

USA320Pilot
[post="228033"][/post]​
you infer the whole IAM utility........you are now exposed for what you are...a corporate groundhog...a gopher for management....let me tell you one thing EDITED...every mechanic i have talked to inform me they will be voting no on the T/A supposedly to come out later this week.you better get your affairs in order....
as for the much ballyhooed injunction...let me state here and now...these following people will be doing jail time as the mech and related just don't give a damn anymore....
General Chairmen Bill Freiberger and Tony Giammarco; IAM Representative, Tom Regan; Local Representatives, Frank Schifano; Bill Hoogenhout and Tom Belmont together with the undersigned who will be assisted on an as-needed basis by General Chairmen Steve Ebert and David (Duke) Snyder as your negotiating committee.

see you in court............. ;)

Funny I guess the company and the reporter don't know the correct information.

Like I said months ago, the company wants to eliminate all Utility and the IAM will not agree to that nor bring a proposal out that accomplishes that.

There are 997 total Utility and they want to eliminate them all not, just 914.

And the Grand Lodge Representative that testified is Joe Adinolfi, not Joe Adimolfy.

Better get call that foreign flying job back up and tell them you are ready.

Reservation Agent:

When has this or any company ever negotiated in good faith? They never have and they never will...it's part of the process.

The company is going to try and lower its costs as much as possible and the union should try to get the best deal they can. The union "tough guy" approach has only produced losers during these negotiations, it's going to occur again and will be "painful". What is sad is it could have been avoided.

What's interesting is that there is now reason to believe the company may want new agreements with every union except the IAM.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

Ahh here we go gain, more pain, and good faith bargaing, hate to tell you there but 1113c mandates good faith bargaining:

Companies that request abrogation of the labor agreement but it must meet the following nine (9) distinct requirements:

1. The debtor in possession must have made a proposal to the union.
2. The proposal must be based upon the most complete and reliable information available at the time of the proposal.
3. The modification must be necessary to permit reorganization.
4. The modification must provide that all affected parties be treated fairly and equitably.
5. The debtor must provide the union with such relevant information as is necessary to evaluate the proposal.
6. The debtor must have met with the collective bargaining representative at the reasonable times subsequent to making the proposal.
7. The debtor must have negotiated with the union concerning the proposal in good faith.
8. The union must have refused to accept the proposal with good cause.
9. The balance of the equities must clearly favor rejection of the agreement.

USA320Pilot said:
UAL_TECH:

Regards,

USA320Pilot
[post="228033"][/post]​

WOW, did he just say that? Mr. ICT/UCT :lol:

I guess we can look for him on the picket ....I'm sorry that crossing the picket line. I am sure glad he is so multi talented as the company is going to need him.

USA320,

What is wrong with you? Why do you even post on these boards? Just to stick your tongue out at people and say naner, naner, naner, I told you, you will be punished?

Are you aware of the fact that GECAS is providing the money for the buyout in res?

Are you aware that the "early eject" clause in the CWA proposal is June 2005 and ALPA's is March 2005?

In your cold heart of hearts do you even see anything wrong with the fact that a large corporation is paying another to outsource jobs? Do you find it just slightly disgusting that a person who manages a retirement fund for a state has requested that a company cut its pensions and health care benefits for retirees? Doesn't it make all the hairs on your neck stand up when a company says we won't give you money until you get rid of your lowest paid employees and send their jobs out of the country?

Are you even worried that you might be the captain of a "babyjet" when this all shakes down?

UAL_TECH said:
USA320Pilot,

You may be correct.

In a 'Moment of Clarity' one must consider the forces that are working for them and/or against them. I have little doubt that us 'little folk' are being played by our ignorance in identifying those that 'Talk' -vs- those that 'Walk'.

You, in fact, may be more of a 'friend' than my supposedly 'friends' are.
Quite thought provoking I must admit, there are layers (and liars) in most politics.

I’ll think on this one………

Take Care,
B) UT
[post="228037"][/post]​

USA320Pilot,

In regards to my last post, I am at odds as to determining your meaning. If you would stop speaking in a ‘third person’ and/or in parables, one might get the brunt of your repeated insistence on capitulation.

After giving my post much thought and consternation, I have to conclude that my initial assessment is accurate and valid given the limited cognitive abilities that I have. If there is something that I am missing as to ‘Not Having a Clue’ I would welcome your assessment of the situation. You have articulated yourself on many occasions in your articles that I have read and I can not understand as to why you cannot post your ‘opinion’ as to the why/why not’s/ therefore’s / and etc…

I have some theories but will reserve my hypothetical analysis based on your reply.

Take Care,
B) UT

When has this or any company ever negotiated in good faith? They never have and they never will...it's part of the process.

Regards,

USA320Pilot
[post="228108"][/post]​
[/quote]

I wish you would attach this to every post you make. It defines your view of the world, and unfortunately, your view of aviation and how you treat your flight and ground crews. Your "process" is obscene. I am glad the world can finally see your view on what is proper and just, and hope you NEVER find your way into upper management, much less a seat on a jury. You are, as I always say, an ass. Greeter.