Airline Targets Salaries, Benefits

In airline-speak, what does this mean: “1 cent from “utilization and seat sizeâ€￾.

More seats? Diminished pitch? Further reduced first class? Will US be all coach?

Thanks to you all in the know.

• Banned
My assumption is that "utilization" is increased a/c utilization. As for "seat size" I have no idea other than reducing size of f/c.

Jim

ITRADE said:
Sure, because he's been on the job for about a year now. Not much time now, is it?
Being on the other side of the road on the revenue and cost cutting forecasts as a part of the POR merely a year after Chapter 11 does not speak well of the acumen of the current executive team in CCY.

I could be wrong, but I don't recall Gordo having to go back (again) after CO's last emergence.

ClueByFour said:
I could be wrong, but I don't recall Gordo having to go back (again) after CO's last emergence.
You're not wrong.

AOG-N-IT said:
Frankly...I would welcome a WN payscale and work rule guidelines....I would be getting a 25% raise in my job..and my duties would be streamlined considerably. I could give all my focus on my prime responsiblities Vs. having to babysit outside distractions that aren't exactly related to my primary function.
And until that happens, WN's gonna eat US's lunch in PHL. WN has been run like a finely-tuned machine for decades now. It's really tough to change a long-standing corporate culture, and US's is poisonous in the current industrial landscape. :(

If Usairways wants more concession from pay and benefits from the employees, well the unions that have a seat on the BOD ie board of directors..
Thats the IAM ALPA AFA and CWA need to push the issue that they lower the amount of VP they have on staff ..
Continental have about 12 exective VP
We have senior VP and executive VP and about 25 VP
and the number of managing director and assistant directors on the books.

If all departments have to work lean perhaps the administrative department can work lean also

http://www.usairways.com/about/press/earnings_4q_03.xls
q4 numbers at that link.

personnel costs 3 months 662 (minus 9m + 125M see note 4)= 528m for 3 months x 4= 2.12 BIllion in personnel costs .

from the article http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/04056/277184.stm

By Dan Fitzpatrick, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

US Airways is looking once again at wages and benefits as it seeks to slice expenses by more than $1.5 billion a year.

2.12 Billon / 1.5billion = is a 70% reduction in costs not 25%
or 26797 employees again from q4 release (see first link airpg2)
which equates to 55979.00 per employee

submitted for your review.

:blink:

Back