Company Tips Its Hand

Rico said:
I guess it is a little hard to argue the point that we should have our rampers make what the sompetition's rampers make so as to be, well competitive, so you chose to make up something indstead. Back to reality please.
WN isn't our competition? dave sure started a ruckus over their arrival into PHL.

AA, DL, UA and NW aren't our competition? Odd, they were our comparables in the parity review all those years ago - 2001 wasn't it?

El Gato said:
So why does US Airways have so many long term rampers, especially in PIT? I would say that the locals are, well....let's call them cerebellum challenged.

Someone before mentioned that Southwest supposedly pays their rampers $25.00/hr. Sir, you are a liar. Southwest starts at $9.00/hr right now, and it takes years....YEARS to get up into even the teens in wages. The arguement you make is false.
Well well well El Gato I guess you either have no idea what you're talking about or you are cerebellum challenged

Thanks 700UW...

http://www.twu555.org/contract.html#TWENTY-EIGHT

BoeingBoy said:
<,./']>,

I didn't mean that ramp workers would move on to a higher paying airline. I meant that in a growing airline, they would have the opportunity to move up to supervisory positions, other job classifications, etc at their airline. The fact that we're about the same size as we were over a decade ago, and got here by shrinking back to this size, is what has made "slinging bags" a "career" for many.

Jim
Boeing Boy: You are right. My best friend from childhood started slinging bags over 25 years ago and is now a Supervisor in Dispatch. She really moved up and did well. :)

The Flight Gods are babbling again. The smell in here is getting really bad. I hope you all have lots of insurance when you fall of of those pedestals because they are really getting high! Ewwwwwwwwww That Smell!!!

diogenes said:
1. I never said WN starts their rampers at $25. $25 is TOS, and it takes them the same amount of years to hit TOS as U. U rampers, CSA's, and res all start at $8 and change, and it takes all of them several years to top out.

2. Name the time and place, and call me a liar to my face, sir.
Well?????