Not open for further replies.

700UW

Corn Field
Nov 11, 2003
NC
Airline, union dispute work policy
By: Karen Ferrick-Roman - Times Staff
02/11/2005
PITTSBURGH - Legal shots have been fired over work schedules between PSA Airlines Inc. and the union representing its ramp and gate employees.

Each side, the company and Teamsters Local 926, is asking for a restraining order against the other. Charlie Byrnes, secretary-treasurer of Teamsters Local 926 in Pittsburgh, said he expected the motions to be heard at 9 a.m. today in U.S. District Court in Pittsburgh.

Click for Story

I'm glad you can finally post an article where union leadership has fostered solidarity among its members. Just too bad the company's union (IAM)will never learn how important leadership and solidarity are toward building a strong union!

Funny,

I guess you forgot that the IAM took the company to court over the Airbus farmout and won the first two rounds, which caused an injuction issued and all work stopped, but lost on appeal. Then took the case to arbitration and won there.

700UW said:
Funny,

I guess you forgot that the IAM took the company to court over the Airbus farmout and won the first two rounds, which caused an injuction issued and all work stopped, but lost on appeal. Then took the case to arbitration and won there.
[post="247168"][/post]​
But as usual the company's union backed down and agreed to subsidize inept management, just to keep the dues rolling in. :down: :down: IAM members at US will have to do something unprecedented in order to better themselves. They will now have to vote the company's union OUT to get higher wages, benefits, pay for sick days, more vac, etc..

Excuse me?

How did the union back down?

The IAM took it too the furthest step and won $15 Million in damages for the membership.

You need a reality check, EVERY union in the airline industry as agreed to concessions, EVERY union.

ALPA, AFA, AMFA, CWA, IAM, TWU, PACFA, every union, don't let facts get in your way.

700UW said:
Excuse me?

How did the union back down?

The IAM took it too the furthest step and won $15 Million in damages for the membership.

You need a reality check, EVERY union in the airline industry as agreed to concessions, EVERY union.

ALPA, AFA, AMFA, CWA, IAM, TWU, PACFA, every union, don't let facts get in your way.
[post="247173"][/post]​
Look you know exactly what I'm talking about. I DON"T care about what OTHER UNIONS agreed too. I'm not a member of the other unions who also failed their members as well as workers everywhere!
You know the history of the UNION movement in this country. In the Past 30's, 40's and 50's UNIONS did not give a rats ass about company's or the dues that may be lost if a company shut down. First and foremost concern was the WORKERS and the IMPROVEMENT of WAGES, BENEFITS, WORKING conditions as a whole.
Only when UNIONS start protecting WORKERS instead of COMPANIES, will wages, benefits etc. INCREASE!

I guess the current economic state of the industry means nothing to you.

You know the history of the UNION movement in this country. In the Past 30's, 40's and 50's UNIONS did not give a rats ass about company's or the dues that may be lost if a company shut down. First and foremost concern was the WORKERS and the IMPROVEMENT of WAGES, BENEFITS, WORKING conditions as a whole.
Only when UNIONS start protecting WORKERS instead of COMPANIES, will wages, benefits etc. INCREASE.

X X X EXCELENTE.

BUT ; the OTHER won't GET IT

IAM :down: :down: :down:

scot said:
I believe this thread is about PSA and the Teamsters, not US and the IAM?
[

700UW STARTED IT (read post # 3) put 700uw in the cooler.

can't figure out whether 700uw is a real person or a computer he is in every thread and he knows EVERYTHING (HE THINKS HE KNOWS EVERYTHING) its ANNOYING.

IAM, :down: :down:

Status
Not open for further replies.