Airplanes repositioned on international routes...starting 2009!

Even if the seniority was integrated today, you would not see a DL flight attendant fly on a NW plane until the SOC is issued.
And the reverse is somewhat true - even if the SOC were issued tomorrow, the F/A groups would have an impossible time intermingling. Can you imagine how schedule bidding would work without a combined seniority list to determine who gets what if the two groups were mixed?

Jim

I would think that it would be layover cities and deadheads.

Delta is not real big on deadheading entire international crews for extended periods of time. In fact, the main reason for introducing so many of our "satellite" bases is so that we can cut down the cost on layover hotels in some of these cities. Also, Delta has many commuters from former bases, like Portland, which was our main transpacific hub back in the day...so there will be plenty of senior (regular & language) Delta FA's that will be more than happy to head back home to the west, like LAX, PDX, & SEA... so I bet on more bases opening up

We can take a closer look at DL NYC gains and losses.

Gains...
JFK-NRT
JFK-EZE
JFK-PRG
JFK-ZRH(seasonal)
JFK-VLC
JFK-GEO

Missing any?

Losses...
JFK-BOM
JFK-CDG
JFK-DKR-CPT
JFK-ATH
JFK-VCE
JFK-GUA
JFK-LIR
JFK-SJO
LGA-DCA shuttle (up to 15 daily flights)

Missing any?

but when all is said and done(cross training and a single SOC)...isnt it all going to be Delta flying????

And the reverse is somewhat true - even if the SOC were issued tomorrow, the F/A groups would have an impossible time intermingling. Can you imagine how schedule bidding would work without a combined seniority list to determine who gets what if the two groups were mixed?
But its not going to happen tomorrow, management has stated many times that it will take 12-18 months. Your statement has absolutely no value because its not a feasable scenario!

but when all is said and done(cross training and a single SOC)...isnt it all going to be Delta flying????
Definetely, and it will be great. But what are Delta flight attendants going to do from April until the SOC is issued? The base will be overstaffed, unless lots of people opt for the early out packages.

Delta is not real big on deadheading entire international crews for extended periods of time. In fact, the main reason for introducing so many of our "satellite" bases is so that we can cut down the cost on layover hotels in some of these cities. Also, Delta has many commuters from former bases, like Portland, which was our main transpacific hub back in the day...so there will be plenty of senior (regular & language) Delta FA's that will be more than happy to head back home to the west, like LAX, PDX, & SEA... so I bet on more bases opening up
more bases opening up...probably not.

Ava,
personally do not think there will be all these "bases" opening up..with cost cutting and buyouts on the horizon.. I dont think that is very realistic.
more than likely one or two satellite bases will open and of course maybe a base or AFP or alternate whatever you call it? in DTW for the 767 to Heathrow...I would imagine a six day could be built from ATL or JFK to fly the MSP-CDG(incorporated into that trip) and and some pattern adjustments and that's about it(for the time being)..

Lets just hope people take the early out then!

My grandfather once told me,

"Hold your hands out. You can hope in one hand, and sh!t in the other...tell me which one fills up first!"

Not meant to offend anyone...

My grandfather once told me,

"Hold your hands out. You can hope in one hand, and **** in the other...tell me which one fills up first!"
my personal opinion is this...

I HOPE! most people have two free hands for only HOPE!... :blink:

what were we talking about...oh yeah... some International flights that DAL will not be doing during the "transition"...but will end up doing regardless....

I HOPE! most people have two free hands for only HOPE!...
Instead of people hoping, I would like for all of us to stand together and fight to make sure everyone is taken care of.

Remember, a union is only as strong as its membership. If its membership is strong and stands united it will accomplish what it is set out to do. A perfect example is the Alaska flight attendants represented by AFA, they have a united workforce and they were able to get an industry leading contract with the second highest top out pay in the country behind only Southwest who is also another stellar example of how the workforce and management can work together.

Instead of people hoping, I would like for all of us to stand together and fight to make sure everyone is taken care of.

I certainly agree...and I believe you have your ideas and heart in the right place but maybe you need to refine some of your...well...approach.

I certainly agree...and I believe you have your ideas and heart in the right place but maybe you need to refine some of your...well...approach.
My approach is...well...reality, i don't sugarcoat.

But just for you my dear, I will see what I can do!

But its not going to happen tomorrow, management has stated many times that it will take 12-18 months. Your statement has absolutely no value because its not a feasable scenario!
A combined seniority list will not happen "today" either, but isn't that the "absolutely no value" statement you made twice in your own "not a reasonable scenario?"

Even if the seniority was integrated today, Delta flight attendants would not be able to work on NWA planes and vice versa until the FAA issues a Single Operating Certificate.

Even if the seniority was integrated today, you would not see a DL flight attendant fly on a NW plane until the SOC is issued.

What it amounts to is the F/A groups won't integrate until this transition period leading to a joint list, joint contract, and SOC ends when the last of the three is obtained. Which one is last doesn't really matter. Maybe in "12-18 months", the SOC will be in place but not the combined seniority list. Or even the list and SOC, but not a joint contract. Until everything is in place it's a transition period by definition.

Jim

We can take a closer look at DL NYC gains and losses.

Gains...
JFK-NRT
JFK-EZE
JFK-PRG
JFK-ZRH(seasonal)
JFK-VLC
JFK-GEO

Missing any?

Losses...
JFK-BOM
JFK-CDG
JFK-DKR-CPT
JFK-ATH
JFK-VCE
JFK-GUA
JFK-LIR
JFK-SJO
LGA-DCA shuttle (up to 15 daily flights)

Missing any?

Thanks again jalbalpa...someone is on top of the JFK/Delta destinations :)

GEO has been around for a while now and we are also starting BOG and LOS.

As we can see, announced one month gone the next...(GOT / TLV#2)

So much change going on right now with the economy & the merger...
Hopefully there will be more gains and less losses yet to be announced...

Latest posts

Back