Airplanes repositioned on international routes...starting 2009!

Something else that could happen is Delta management could agree with AFA on seniority integration and you could ultimately lose alot!
I am considered a post-merger DAL FA, I dont think I would lose anything in that situation(if they agree on an integration method I already support!)

jalbalpa,
I clearly understand a majority of what you are writing, but I do not quite still understand how the law can be bypassed and allow a policy to be the final word(if in fact the pre-merger group requests an integration meeting and resolution, it seems they would still have that right?)

With all things being said, with the AFA not wanting to come to the table and discuss seniority integration, arbitration is an almost guaranteed result down the road.
Oh hi Dapoes

I was wondering what happened to you, not commenting here...recently..
just figured you were at some "Wilderness Winter Survival Training Camp" preparing for your
possible transfer to the "tundra" up in Minne-snow-ta and fly those new and exciting
routes ooh! ya-sure-ya-betcha..

Dress warm! :)

I do understand what you are saying. The rules are somewhat confusing and have some gray area...just as any other law and is open to interpretation.

The day after the elction(if AFA receives 50%+1) will be the first day that AFA will become the representing agent for pre-merger Delta F/A's. Therefore Delta F/A's will integrate using the policy of AFA which is DOH. AFA merger policy is in the AFA Constitution & Bylaws, no CBA needed for that.

So just to clear it up, seniority integration after the vote will fall into the "represented by the same agent" category, therefore AFA policy will supersede that provision.

The vote will more than likely be in the spring...a little birdie told me more than likely March. How long did it take for pilots to integrate seniority from when they went to the table, until it was announced? Almost 1 year.

no CBA needed for that.
I still wonder how having No CBA/No Representation can allow SEC.117 (1) to determine the final say on seniority
by actually allowing that process to be bypassed(if in fact it is requested?) it must be one of those gray areas(which leads me to believe)..its not the final word.
has it been at least addressed that it is possible some will forfeit representation in order to
have integration meetings commense? I hope this is all well thought out.

communication is vital and imperative!

I truly want what is best for both groups, as long as all voices and concerns are heard(so there are no issues going forward).

I do understand what you are saying. The rules are somewhat confusing and have some gray area...just as any other law and is open to interpretation.

The day after the elction(if AFA receives 50%+1) will be the first day that AFA will become the representing agent for pre-merger Delta F/A's. Therefore Delta F/A's will integrate using the policy of AFA which is DOH. AFA merger policy is in the AFA Constitution & Bylaws, no CBA needed for that.

So just to clear it up, seniority integration after the vote will fall into the "represented by the same agent" category, therefore AFA policy will supersede that provision.

The vote will more than likely be in the spring...a little birdie told me more than likely March. How long did it take for pilots to integrate seniority from when they went to the table, until it was announced? Almost 1 year.

We wont have to worry about all this nonsense anyways, AFA is destined to fail just like last time.

Oh hi Dapoes

I was wondering what happened to you, not commenting here...recently..
just figured you were at some "Wilderness Winter Survival Training Camp" preparing for your
possible transfer to the "tundra" up in Minne-snow-ta and fly those new and exciting
routes ooh! ya-sure-ya-betcha..

Dress warm! :)

Transfer? yikes no...brrr...I just stick to my trips to between Atlanta and France. :)

We wont have to worry about all this nonsense anyways, AFA is destined to fail just like last time.
the only thing you need to concern yourself with(at this time) regarding "fail"..especially while on your way up here to the Artic(your possible new base) is simply.. do not fail to bring chapstick or some type of lip balm because
Frozen Blizzard Winds -20 below equal Frozen Blizzard Winds-20 below chapped lips!

and that's not cute!

Oh BTW..if it looks like a Polar Bear in the parking lot...it is.

Dignity, pre-merger Delta F/A's will have representation thats why.

According to someone on the seniority integration committee Delta has about 12500 flight attendants. Northwest has 7702.

If 40% vote, like they did in the spring it equals 5000 votes (5300 voted in the spring)

In the elction of 2006, 82% of NW flight attendants participated in the union vote. How many NW flight attendants are needed for the numbers to add up?

Total number of flight attendants: 12500 + 7702 = 20202

So, 5000 + X = 10102 (50%+1)

What is X? X is the number of NW flight attendants needed for the vote to pass. That number is 5102, or 66.2%

According to someone on the seniority integration committee Delta has about 12500 flight attendants. Northwest has 7702.

If 40% vote, like they did in the spring it equals 5000 votes (5300 voted in the spring)

In the elction of 2006, 82% of NW flight attendants participated in the union vote. How many NW flight attendants are needed for the numbers to add up?

What is X? X is the number of NW flight attendants needed for the vote to pass. That number is 5102, or 66.2%

Sorry sweetie but the big difference from last time is so many DAL FA's have now been turned off more then ever by AFA and their piss-poor attitude and lies. So you assumptions wont fly next time around. When the AFA loses you can blame them for their loss.

the only thing you need to concern yourself with(at this time) regarding "fail"..especially while on your way up here to the Artic(your possible new base) is simply.. do not fail to bring chapstick or some type of lip balm because
Frozen Blizzard Winds -20 below equal Frozen Blizzard Winds-20 below chapped lips!

and that's not cute!

Oh BTW..if it looks like a Polar Bear in the parking lot...it is.

What are you talking about Dig? :blink: Why would I be going North? Or are you just being funny again?

and that is great if that is the case! but! I was referring to seniority integration that is supposed to be a separate issue(or at least I thought it was!)

and that is great if that is the case! but! I was referring to seniority integration that is supposed to be a separate issue(or at least I thought it was!)

It is a separate issue, its just the AFA (just like last time) think they have it the/any upcoming vote "in the bag". Arrogance at its best only to result in a worse outcome then before for AFA. Good riddance!

It is, but its not.

You take care of one(representation), and the other one automatically falls in line.

It is, but its not.

You take care of one(representation), and the other one automatically falls in line.
I dont know about the automatically falls in line part, if both parties agree fine, what if the pre-merger group accepts representation but then wants a follow up to the seniority integration meetings that never commensed?

jalbalpa,
I am not trying to debate the policy, I just believe a lot changed after that omnibus bill was made law(that does not seem very clear). I believe it is a groups right to have arbitration if they felt it was necessary for whatever reason.

Latest posts