Alpa Code-a-phone 10/29/04

The point of this topic is the ALPA code-a-phone message, not fighting between work groups on W-2 cuts.

In regard to potential pilot furloughs here as some facts:

The February schedule increases B737 flying an average of 55 minutes per day and non B737 aircraft 95 minutes per day. The schedule has 281 mainline aircraft assigned and every active pilot included in the manning.

For November and December, the pilot pay cap will be 90 hours and from January on to will be 95 hours.

With the old contract the pilot group was over 200 pilots under manned. There are 26 age 60 retirements between now and the end of the year, about 400 December 1 early retirement applications, over 120 voluntary leave of absence requests, and more LTD applications. Dependent upon the number of actual early retirements, the company believes they could be undermanned in February.

The key issue is cash flow and meeting the ATSB requirements through February. I understand that the company keeps meeting the ATSB requirements and it appears that will continue. At some point in the not-so-distant future the AFA, CWA, and IAM will have to participate in the new business plan. The wild card in all of this is of course fuel prices.

If US Airways needs to preserve cash or the aircraft lessors get anxious, there could be a voluntary or involuntary fleet reduction, which could adjust the manning.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

USA320Pilot said:
At some point in the not-so-distant future the AFA, CWA, and IAM will have to participate in the new business plan.USA320Pilot
[post="196875"][/post]​
And the customers will patiently wait forever for USAir to provide good customer service with disgruntled employees, and in the mean time our competition will not take our customers in droves. The problem is, it sounds like a typical USAir plan.

USA320Pilot said:
The point of this topic is the ALPA code-a-phone message, not fighting between work groups on W-2 cuts.
[post="196875"][/post]​

Not only do you go off topic in a thread more than anyone on this board, but you dupe yourself over and over in the process.

Go take a long walk off a short pier.

LOL...A320Pilot....a Legend in his own MIND. Is there one person on the forum that believes he's living in the real world?

WestCoastGuy said:
LOL...A320Pilot....a Legend in his own MIND. Is there one person on the forum that believes he's living in the real world?
[post="197111"][/post]​

Well, I still think UA East and UA West has a chance of happening, with US getting UA East. :rolleyes:

(Before I get yelled at, I'M KIDDING!)