Alpa Mec Code-a-phone Update

ITRADE said:
Sounds like somebody's nervous.

What were those warnings about letting things fall into the hands of a federal judge.

I think you're about to find out.

Quite sad, really.
[post="183638"][/post]​

You are correct.

Remember the corporate Golden Rule:
Those that have the gold make the rules.

I have seen this at both a large computer/software company and a large phone company. One was non union and the other was...Cirrus

LGA / 037 said:
I agree , this Corporate judge will give the company EVERYTHING it needs to avoid liquidation. It was quite interesting how he let the company touch the ASTB loan money right away to pay bills.....He must have seen the plan and knows after all the paycuts the company will survive ! Every move this judge has made has been in favor of UAIRQ management , All unions better cut their employees loses NOW or it will only get worse !
[post="183626"][/post]​

LGA hmmmm, 320? Is that you? Kind of looks like a multible personality post.

Former ModerAAtor said:
Believe me -- a work slow-down would be the quickest way to have this filing go from a Chapter 11 to a Chapter 7....
[post="183655"][/post]​
Then lets slow way down. This cancer that Usairways has become needs to end now before it spreads any furtherto the other carriers. Really, if Usairways gets away with this there will not be a decent place left to work in the industry.

There is very little support for a slow down. Furthermore, the comapny's S.1113(e) motions if granted will permit the company to outsource work if there is a slow down.

It's my understanding that if there is a slow down, the company will terminate those workers on the spot and immediately replace them with contractors.

Therefore, could a slow down actually play right into the company's hands to further reduce headcount?

Regards,

USA320Pilot

sfb said:
Er, the ATSB was on-board with the company accessing part of the unrestricted cash collateral. I'd also imagine that the judge would be inclined to grant motions that are unopposed by creditors or other stakeholders, which I believe characterizes most, if not all, of the motions made so far by the company.
[post="183632"][/post]​

This is key, guys, c'mon! A judge is going to get a motion from management that the creditors will pull the plug unless they get relief and the creditors file a brief saying that they'll pull the plug without relief but will save x number of jobs with the relief... what do you really think a judge is going to do?

USA320Pilot said:
ALPA's attorney's are now 100% certain that Judge Mitchell will grant every S.1113(e) motion in favor of the company.

When would now be a good time for every union to obtain a TA to limit their damage?

Regards,

USA320Pilot
[post="183618"][/post]​
you seem to take a lot for granted.realize it is very early in the BK process.you should also realize just 25 months ago,this band of merry pranksters failed before this same judge.....i expect a much closerlook from mitchell this time.

RowUnderDCA said:
This is key, guys, c'mon! A judge is going to get a motion from management that the creditors will pull the plug unless they get relief and the creditors file a brief saying that they'll pull the plug without relief but will save x number of jobs with the relief... what do you really think a judge is going to do?
[post="183894"][/post]​
We are constantly told that the judge is not concerned with our jobs, he is charged with protecting the creditors investments. Well as long as Usair is being opperated by this band of thieves no investments will be protected.

Pitbull,
I really feel for you...AFA has no chance against the judge. You are starting to remind me of Kerry...as it gets closer to crunch time, you get more and more desperate and delusional...Kerry is getting so much BS fed to him by the DNC wack jobs he is actually starting to believe in the BS he is spewing....

No offense meant, just sad that reality is slipping away from all of us....