Alpa Rig Grievance

justaumechanic said:
The interesting part of all of this..

ALPA fights every single move the company makes at US.. The Pilots represented by ALPA follow their leaders..

Then a pilot from US goes to WN or B6 and they do whatever it takes to get that job.. Clean the cabin, load bags, wash the plane, whatever..

So it's perfectly ok for them to do it at an LCC but they won't do it at US..

That is the problem..

ALPA and AFA.. Your contracts are to complicated.. Wake up..
[post="253179"][/post]​

BoeingBoy explained this so simply, a child could understand it.

What's your problem?

A320 Driver B)

nycbusdriver said:
As I said in my first post, I don't nitpick as typos are common on these unofficial posts to message boards.  My typo is not going to Lakefield's desk, and if I did have a need to write to him, I would certainly have my composition spell-checked and proofread.

Obviously you feel typos and faulty language is totally acceptable in official, legal communications between labor and management.  Me?  I vote no!
[post="253439"][/post]​

If only we lived in a perfect world. I do agree tenant (or was that tenet?)should not have been used and at least been caught at the proof reading. But it wasn't and the IAM made same mistake in latest court docs. I am sure mistakes happen more then once a day. In all honesty do you think you ever or would it be possible for you to make a mistake and not have spellcheck or proofreader pick it up? Sorry not trying to be nitpickin. I guess the part about having a degree puts you above making mistakes just didn't sit right with me.

usairways_vote_NO said:
If only we lived in a perfect world. I do agree tenant (or was that tenet?)should not have been used and at least been caught at the proof reading. But it wasn't and the IAM made same mistake in latest court docs.  I am sure mistakes happen more then once a day. In all honesty do you think you ever or would it be possible for you to make a mistake and not have spellcheck or proofreader pick it up? Sorry not trying to be nitpickin. I guess the part about having a degree puts you above making mistakes just didn't sit right with me.
[post="253447"][/post]​

I didn't say I have a college degree. I said Pollock supposedly has a college degree. BTW, we have many pilots at USAirways that have a H.S. diploma only. They have been perfectly competent pilots in my opinion. There is nothing we do as airline pilots that requires a college education.

A H.S. diploma, a friendly relationship with arithmetic and graphs, some common sense, a reasonable amount of mechanical ability and a really good memory is all it takes. Airline flying is not rocket science. There is an incredible amount to know and remember, but the knowledge base is not above the H.S. level. I've always said this. And the fact that we have thousands of successful airline pilots out there who have never seen the inside of a college classroom proves my point.

nycbusdriver said:
[post="253510"][/post]​

Sorry my last sentence came out wrong my misuse of the English Language again I didn't mean to imply I was talking about you. I was talking about your comment about Mr Pollock. It should have read more like this. "I guess I let your comment about Mr Pollock having a degree and not being able to make a mistake got to me.