CLT Fleet Service Grievance Committee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another point.

The company is pretty quick to defend a manager in this situation, whereas they'll land on an agent like a falling brick wall.

When you're the union guy, it's an all-day job trying to keep this company honest. Two steps forward, three steps back.

Goldenram94,

Ask around - I know a handful of Canalites know the company holds their own to a different standard.

Goldenram94,

Ask around - I know a handful of Canalites know the company holds their own to a different standard.

I won't argue that, but the idea that there is a conspiracy that management will somehow get an agency to fake the drug test results is pretty silly. If you're clean you've got nothing to worry about, if you're dirty, then you don't need to work here!

I totally disagree, and I never said or insinuated the agency would fake a drug test. There is a such thing as false positives, and the company will crucify you nonetheless. That is why a split specimen for another agency to examine is just common sense.

My point, and I don't believe you'll disagree, is US grossly abuses the FS contract. It is incumbent upon stewards and committeemen to strictly enforce the contract as written - no side deals or 'understandings.'

There are committeemen that put themselves on the line, often to their cost (crappy schedule, crappy duty assignments, harrassment), for the membership. There are those those who made deals with management. The membership hates the later and respects the former. Strangely, D141 looked down there nose at the membership guys, and never said boo to the sell-outs.

There is absolutely no chance I'd stand by and let the company screen guys willy-nilly. The contract gives the company ample latitude in this area: they are not unduly encumbered.

liberty bell,
"Many Lodge 1776 members had the opportunity to meet the GC when they came up to PHL this month. I must give them the upmost respect they did something that the other former GCM never did... The New GC showed unity and solidarity and support to the PHL members at our lodge meeting. They were applauded by the members of the lodge for doing such a unionist action. I'm proud to see such good laborists taking leadership roles many could learn a few things from these new leaders."

thanks for the support. might add that they went up there on there own dime .. NOT the companys or UNIONS.

and yes they are great union guys.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts