Amazon Union Vote Fails by 2:1 Margin

The thread drift here is dizzying.

E: I know you know this, but it's worth (again) noting that CHI is really close--and really accessible-- from places with much looser gun laws.

Kev, you probably don't know this, but it doesn't matter what the gun laws are in another state. Licensed gun and ammunition dealers have to apply the laws of the state a purchaser lives in.

If someone with an IL drivers license or ID goes to WI, MO, IA, IN, MI, or KY (all states that border IL), they will ask for a FOID to allow an ammunition purchase.

To purchase a gun as an out of state resident, the gun has to be shipped to a dealer in IL for delivery.

If people in Chicago are getting illegal guns, they're not coming from licensed gun dealers, which makes the gun laws in those state irrelevant. No law will ever fix what happens on the black market.

Thankfully, they don't do that for fireworks.... still illegal in IL but legal in every neighboring state.

Reactions: delldude
Chicago, where black lives don't matter.
Your concern is admirable, but there were surprisingly few black lives that were lost in the mass shootings. There were surprisingly few black mass shooters too. But these we ignore because they are so rare (a little over 3 times a week it seems). So we focus on Chicago. A place where the people being shot are usually on the wrong end of a "business deal" and not shopping or in class or dancing.

Last edited:
Yeah, little kids being shot while in the drive thru at a McDonalds are definitely on the wrong end of a business deal.

There's been two of those in the last couple months... One was in Chicago, one was in Minneapolis, which is fast on its way to mirroring Chicago for uncontrolled black on black gun violence.

The kid killed in your back yard was standing outside a pharmacy. His fault for being in the wrong place, right?

You're a classic hypocrite, KC. Go ahead and focus on your narrow agenda while ignoring the larger problem that sees more people killed in a weekend than you'll see all year from so-called mass shooters.

You sound a lot like AOC -- driving a Tesla and living a sustainable lifestyle "for the good of the planet" while leaving your grandmother to live in squalor.

Yeah, little kids being shot while in the drive thru at a McDonalds are definitely on the wrong end of a business deal.

There's been two of those in the last couple months... One was in Chicago, one was in Minneapolis, which is fast on its way to mirroring Chicago for uncontrolled black on black gun violence.

The kid killed in your back yard was standing outside a pharmacy. His fault for being in the wrong place, right?

You're a classic hypocrite, KC. Go ahead and focus on your narrow agenda while ignoring the larger problem that sees more people killed in a weekend than you'll see all year from so-called mass shooters.

You sound a lot like AOC -- driving a Tesla and living a sustainable lifestyle "for the good of the planet" while leaving your grandmother to live in squalor.
Well....not to get picky, but my one grandmother died in 1968 and my other grandmother died in 1985. I guess over time the fabric in teh casket could turn to squalor. But I'm less of a hypocrite than most conservatives who:

Fight to save the precious life from the hands of an abortionist, then cutting welfare programs because they only encourage mama to make more babiesw

Worry about the impact of the debt on our children's future, but pumping and burning every non renewable resource we have so that there won't be much when they get older

Are concerned about black on black crime in Chicago but only offer "thoughts and prayers" to white on white mass shootings and claim that they are so infrequent that they don't really matter.

Using the bible to proclaim homosexuals as immoral...then voting for Donald Trump.

Your concern is admirable, but there were surprisingly few black lives that were lost in the mass shootings. There were surprisingly few black mass shooters too. But these we ignore because they are so rare (a little over 3 times a week it seems). So we focus on Chicago. A place where the people being shot are usually on the wrong end of a "business deal" and not shopping or in class or dancing.
Oh so now it's 'on the wrong end of a business deal'? I'm sure many parents and family will agree with you. Meh, they were only Blacks, nothing to see here.

CHICAGO (CBS) — Tuesday’s gun violence that wounded 15 people at a funeral is the 30th mass shooting in Chicago this year, according to an online database.

As Chicago Police Supt. David Brown addressed the public Wednesday morning, he said there are 117,000 gang members in Chicago and there are 55 major gangs in the city.

“This is about gangs, guns and drugs,” Brown said.
In 2019, Chicago saw 33 total mass shootings — just two more than what the city has so far this year.https://chicago.cbslocal.com/funera...arks-30th-mass-shooting-in-chicago-this-year/
So a wacko commits a shooting in a school, synagogue, movie theater, etc......but a gangster does the same thing to a crowd and he's different by your metric. I see your point.

The gun lobby wants more guns, are you saying they are wrong?
Gun lobby doesn't want more guns, they want less restrictions on law abiding gun owners.