Amazon Union Vote Fails by 2:1 Margin

And one thing that is keeping those things codified are...unions. If you get rid of them, I would venture to guess that overtime laws would be one of the first things to go. Oh...they might keep them on the books...but more and more jobs would become salaried and "exempt" from overtime laws. It's an easy way to get 50 or 60 hours per week out of every employee and not worry about the costs of overtime. Next would be the rolling back of some of those workplace "saftey" measures.....that only hamper our ability to make a profit. Time off would likely also be reduced. It won't happen all at once, but we got rid of an AMENDMENT we didn't like (prohibition), which is a helluva harder than getting rid of a pesky law.
According to Biden no amendment is absolute, as his administration attempts to violate 2nd amendment rights.

I've been union and non union over the past 40 years. In watching a union in action and being around pro union employees, the only reason to unionize is to keep folks working that have no business still being employed. So in essence, my 1K/yr. I give in union dues is going to union officials' salaries and my worthless co-workers that should've been fired years ago.
JREwing we are in complete agreement that UNIONs keep people employed that should otherwise be fired. That is a huge problem. However I will say that UNION jobs tend to pay very well.

Call it a catch 22, call it a double edged sword, whatever. Point is like anything it has it's benefits and hindrances. For many people of high school education or below UNION membership offers them a path to a better future. The problem is UNIONs are not UNIONs anymore. They have become propaganda machines for the Democratic party.

I heard that as a thank you, Amazon is giving their warehouse workers their own personal pee bottles
I agree the demands put on the Amazon drivers are ridiculous. However, most people don't care. They only care about receiving their package in two days.

The Union got rejected in ALA-BAMA !!!

W-T-F is so surprising about that ???????????

Next stop, Staten Island NYC distribution center !

I TOLD YOU BEFORE, You and I do not live in the SAME country, BECAUSE the USA is NOT one country ! ( quick, check out 2020's BLUE-RED state Map)

YOU live in a (type) country like CAPE TOWN, SA in the Bad ol' days.

ME, (BOS/PVD/NYC/PHL) , we live in NORTHERN IRELAND !!

Huge Difference, COMPRENDE ???
So you think we live in two countries? And of course I live in the "inferior" part. You ever think YOU might be part of the problem Bears?

Like less than 12% of the work farce is represented....why is the other eighty eight percent don't want union representation? Funny how that never comes up when someone try's to support unions.
Just because they are not represented does not mean they do not desire UNION membership. It only means they are not represented.

And you live in Honkie Haven New England? Tell us about Southie'.

Is that the same NYC that her high priestess, AOC killed some 40,000 minority jobs?
I love how Bears chooses to live in an area overwhelmingly white and call everyone else racist. I guess he chooses to

Most members I know aren't focused on rabid politics.
Unions were a critical component in the early days of labor, but now are a dinosaur Most if not all labor law they fought for, has been codified into law some time ago. Not too many battles anymore, just continued failed attempts at organizing.

I like how you noted 'some teacher unions'
Teachers UNIONs are a cancer on this country. They should be abolished. Teachers need to focus on education not on pushing agendas.

And one thing that is keeping those things codified are...unions. If you get rid of them, I would venture to guess that overtime laws would be one of the first things to go. Oh...they might keep them on the books...but more and more jobs would become salaried and "exempt" from overtime laws. It's an easy way to get 50 or 60 hours per week out of every employee and not worry about the costs of overtime. Next would be the rolling back of some of those workplace "saftey" measures.....that only hamper our ability to make a profit. Time off would likely also be reduced. It won't happen all at once, but we got rid of an AMENDMENT we didn't like (prohibition), which is a helluva harder than getting rid of a pesky law.
Let's try it and see.

You are assuming that the percentage that are not UNIONized had an opportunity to vote for a UNION to begin with.

Who hasn't had an opportunity to seek representation?

The barriers to unionizing are far lower than the barriers to decertifying a union. My personal opinion is that unions should have to be recertified every 4-5 years, yet we have this system where if a union was voted in back in 1942, everyone hired in 2021 is still bound to the results of that election with little recourse unless you live in a RTW state or don't work for a company covered by the RLA....

Who hasn't had an opportunity to seek representation?

The barriers to unionizing are far lower than the barriers to decertifying a union. My personal opinion is that unions should have to be recertified every 4-5 years, yet we have this system where if a union was voted in back in 1942, everyone hired in 2021 is still bound to the results of that election with little recourse unless you live in a RTW state or don't work for a company covered by the RLA....
Opportunity and option are not the same thing. You are a smart person, you should know that.

And you live in Honkie Haven New England? Tell us about Southie'.

Is that the same NYC that her high priestess, AOC killed some 40,000 minority jobs?

Southie'.

R U Chitin' Me ?????????

The place is 75% IRISH, and loaded with Boston Cops, Boston Firefighters, Amtrak workers MBTA(Boston subway and bus), Longshoremen, Iron Workers, Electricians, Plumbers, Construction workers, I mean Jesus Christ, NO One in Southie' is Non Union !!

And that's just one Boston Neighborhood.

Then there's the "TOWN" ( movie) Charlestown, Mark Wahlberg's Dorchester, and all the Ginny's in the North End (Paul Revere's "one if by land, two if by Sea"), Then East Boston/Logan Airport !!

I'm SURPRISED at you dell.
You must've flunked HISTORY.
Did you Forget what happened to KING GEORGES F TEA ???

Sheesh !!!!!!!!!!!

Stuck in the glory years, Bears?

Massachusets union membership is only at 13% these days. That's down from around 15% ten years ago.

Maybe they're all in Southie? Might explain why it's such a ****hole compared to the rest of the state.

Stuck in the glory years, Bears?

Massachusets union membership is only at 13% these days. That's down from around 15% ten years ago.

Maybe they're all in Southie? Might explain why it's such a ****hole compared to the rest of the state.

Know-It-All.
W-T-F would you know, Anything, about Massachusetts ???????????

Stay in TEX-ASS, and keep pontificating about what YOU know, that YOU DON'T KNOW !!

Had you ever worked in 'Beantown for AA, they would have chewed you up, and CHIT' YOU OUT !!!!

In 11 years @ AA/BOS, I lost count of how many Stupervisers and GM's we had, sent from DFW/HDQ, to ' straighten BOSTON Out'. I got ther in 86', and the F'n place is STILL run by the INMATES !!

Last edited:
I know that less than only 1 out of 7 adults in MA belong to a union. CT and HI have higher percentages of union membership than MA does. That's per BLS. Check for yourself. Seems those high tech and bio-med/big pharma jobs are slowly squeezing out the union voters.

We know from your past posts you are a big fan of the guys that killed that NW supervisor and support thuggery as a way to get things done, which speaks volumes about your character...

I know that less than only 1 out of 7 adults in MA belong to a union. CT and HI have higher percentages of union membership than MA does. That's per BLS. Check for yourself. Seems those high tech and bio-med/big pharma jobs are slowly squeezing out the union voters.

We know from your past posts you are a big fan of the guys that killed that NW supervisor and support thuggery as a way to get things done, which speaks volumes about your character...

Ah. The PEFECT case Example, that YOU (Mr. KNOW IT ALL) don't have a F CLUE about what your trying to 'SELL'.

Did You EVER know Susan T., the girl that was murdered in BOS/NW? Of COURSE you didn't You Ignorant Arse-Hole ?

I DID !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
She was hired at NW in the same class as my Kid in 87'. A nicer human being was never born !

You also come on here, trying to sell your BULL-SHITE' that former AA/BOS/GM, Lynn Heitman's book was about NW, when the majority of the book was about the BOS/ Ramp and A/F., That DFW/HDQ has NEVER been able to CONTROL, AND with the US guys coming over to the AA Ramp seniority list( The US guys vastly having more occ seniority), the Inmates are running the PRISON, more than Ever.

Just before I made the jump from PI to AA in 86' (we shared a common hallway) I heard LOUD SCREAMING between the new Ramp manager(A flunky from DFW) with John Fortune, the president of local 507, who walked up to this MORON, face to face, and told him " GO F YOURSELF", that everyone on or near the hallway could hear, even if they were deaf !

What's that you ask, Mr KNOW IT ALL ?
What happened to the BIG 6'3'', IRISH John Fortune ??

NOT a F Thing !!!!!!!!!!

Then of course, as you know, the BIG STING about stealing time @ A/F went down. Of course ' BIG JOHN ' got Fired, ONLY to beat AA in arbitration, when the arbitrator TOLD AA, " This was a pre planned set-up, to Fire people that YOU cannot Control "

Ha HA. Obviously AA Never used THAT arbitrator again !!

In Summary olesen, sell your know nothing BULL SHITE' to AA ers below the mason dixon line, or the west coast.

Guys in BOS/LGA/BDL/JFK/EWR/PHL are " NOT BUYING " YOUR Phony BS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dude.

YOU Don't KNOW " SHITE from SHINOLA " !!

Gee, Bears, looks like I hit a nerve with you and your thuggery support. Must be true.